Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2011

Brad

Checked two Targets in my area for the summer clearance, one was signed 50% off but rang up 75, however, everything was gone. There were only a few water bottles, tablecloths, and 3-4 ice cream makers. At the other Target in Lewisville, items were again signed 50% but ringing up 60% off...which was kind of strange. Not much left at this store either though other than a few serving trays and water bottles. I guess others beat me to it this time. :/

Toys were at 30%.

I went to my Target today and there were no signs at all in the Summer clearance area, but I decided to scan it anyway it was 70% off!! The isles were still FULL!! I got sooo much stuff! I was so excited!! I don't have my receipt handy but some of the stuff I remember....

5 White tubs with rope handles $1.79

3 packs paper plates .89

5 packs plastic cups .89

3 boxes plastic cutlery .89

3 hula hoops .89

2 Banzai Dual slide slip n slies 4.49

Banzai hop scotch sprinkler 1.49

2 Glad Press N Seal w/ sailboats .89

Snowcone maker 5.99

Snowcone cups w/ straws .89

Large Pinwheel .60

Picnic Blanket 4.49

and there were several more things but I can't think of them at the moment.

It's been pretty much determined that the toy clearance will more than likely go 75% on the 28th (or perhaps the 21st in the some places) but I have a question about that. Do they usually have the toys at 75% when they open that morning or is this something that happens throughout the day as they mark things down.

Depends on your store. The markdown team starts work at around 4am, and if they are on toys first, they'll be done. Sometimes they are marking it when we get there at 8, sometimes mid-day, sometimes Friday...

From what I understand markdowns need to be scanned in. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think 10am is usually a good time to check?

Yep. Need to be scanned. Go at 10 and risk missing all the best stuff. I always go at 8.

Are all the zhu zhu pets on clearance or just the kung fu ones? Noticed that CVS had them 5 for $10 on their flyer today. I think I'm gonna go w/them instead if anyone sees the reg. zhu zhus on sale. Also, looking for the Buzz lightyear alphabet handheld toy. If anyone still sees it, please let me know. TIA

Some regular zhu zhu also on sale.

Went today. Summer was picked through, but in my opinion, the beg prices seemed high so 75% off wasn't all that appealing on a lot of the items.

Have my eye on an Eclipse crib that I am waiting for 50% off on. I know that all four targets close to me have a least 2 in stock and the two I checked today have not gone 50% yet. Anyone seen baby furniture at 50%? I may check again at lunch but if not, I think it's next Monday...

Be sure and check the regular aisle if you are looking for the Glad ware Summer collection, that's where I found them...at 75% off. I don't really care what pattern is on the food storage containers, and these seem to hold up well. I'm still using Halloween pattern containers from a couple of years ago. They say "Summer Collection" on the package.

AARRRGGGHHHH!! My Target has taken the summer items (ice cream makers, platters, water toys, etc.) and placed them in with all the toy clearance and left them at 50% off!! That means they have been at 50% for 5 days and possibly might be marked down on the toy schedule?? No red tags, like they did with 4th of July stuff, so this year the summerville stuff is on a completely different markdown schedule than I've ever seen.

Oh well, more money for vacation.:cool:

If anyone sees boster car seats more then 15% off please let me know. I plan on making a stop after.work today. Yesterday they were still 15% . Tia

My store hit 30 last week. If I get out today ill check it out.

I was just at our store. Baby stuff was 25% off (Ours is one of those strange stores that isn't doing 30% off any more). Nothing at 50%. I went ahead and bought a changing table. Only 2 left and can't go check next week. I figure I can always re-purchase and return if necessary.

Baby furniture was 30% off here...There was nothing left at either stores..Glad I got the Eclipse crib and didnt wait for the 50% off...There were only 2 changing tables left. Probably wont go to 50% off until next Monday and probably nothing will be left...Summer was marked to 80%. It went from 50% to 80%...Never saw that before.

jeans coupons were still on website as of a few hours ago it's $2 off newborn and kids and $3 off men or womens. I need to go back and get adjustments since went but left the coupons. The boys cherokee jeans were still 6.48 when I got them and my parents found women's mossimo jeans at another store for 4.98. I'm coming down with a cold and didn't do anything but go get paper yesterday. My parent's found some summer towels 75% off too. If I'm right our store marked down yesterday so unless they didn't put signs up the lounger I wanted is gone.

jeans coupons were still on website as of a few hours ago it's $2 off newborn and kids and $3 off men or womens. I need to go back and get adjustments since went but left the coupons. The boys cherokee jeans were still 6.48 when I got them and my parents found women's mossimo jeans at another store for 4.98. I'm coming down with a cold and didn't do anything but go get paper yesterday. My parent's found some summer towels 75% off too. If I'm right our store marked down yesterday so unless they didn't put signs up the lounger I wanted is gone.

All baby stil 15% at my store : (

Forgot to mention found apack of 4 crayola finger paint for 1.49 it was scanning item not found but the manager scanned it with the hand held machine and said it was 1.49. Alo my store had a pack of 3 sharpies red black and blue for 68 cents on clearance which is a money maker with the 1 off coupon.

This is my first time "perimeter perusing" since I just moved to a city with a target so I hope I'm doing this right!

Summer in NW Oklahoma City went straight from full price to 70% today which was odd. I had scanned a few items and they were regular price then I saw the markdown team go through and everything scanned 70% off. It was already really picked over but I did find some good deals.

Folding Chairs with backpack straps 00909189 were 29.xx for 8.99

24 oz Metal water bottle 091020482 was 4.99 for 1.49

72in Beach Towels 064041057 was 12.xx for 3.89

Portable Chair (ones in a bag) 091070079 was 12.99 for 3.89

The beach towels were over by bedding on a rack with other beach towels that were still regular price. They are really nice and plush towels! I dug through and the ones on sale had mini summer in the top right corner of the hangtag. The portable chair was in the 4th of July stuff. There were lots of youth portable chairs in the summer section as well as plastic tablewear and some big metal buckets. Our outdoor furniture is still full price! I've been watching a small patio set for 3 weeks and it always rings up full price along with all the other outdoor stuff I rang up. If anyone sees the outdoor solar party lights go on sale please give me heads up, our new apartment doesn't have any outdoor outlets and I really want some string lights on our patio.

Went to Target today. Found a bunch of random clearance at 30% off. Toys were holding at 30%-50% off but a bunch of toys I saw last week were already gone. I hope that if the markdown day is the 28th there is still some good stuff left. A woman was nice enough though to tell me that some summer toys were ringing up 90% off.. Everything else was at 50% but the shovels and dump trucks with the BLUE tags were ringing up 90% so I was really excited to get my son a big truck for 99 cents! I will add the dcpi when I go back in the car to get my reciept but wanted to give everyone a heads up since they were only marked at 50% off!

My stores finally went 90% today. I found quite a few glass beverage dispensers in the regular aisle. They are identical to the ones they keep on the shelf year round, except their sticker on the bottom has summer seasonal on it. Regular $19.99, got them for $1.99ea.