Toys R Us Rewards

It was advertised that you would receive 10% back on purchases made during a certain time period prior to Christmas. One associate told me the reward certificates would be emailed on Christmas Day. Did anyone get theirs? I haven't seen mine yet. Granted, it is a max reward of $50, but the more blood I can squeeze out of Toys R Us, the better.

I have not got my rewards yet. I dont know if this always applies but I was owed 15 dollars in rewards a few months ago but instead of giving me one 15$ Off coupon they gave me three 5 dollar ones that could not be used at the same time. I am expecting some rewards from all of my Christmas shopping..I hope that they just give it as one coupon.

I also just noticed that from Dec 25th thru jan 31st you cannot earn reward credits. It says that if you go to the my rewards page you can print out your rewards. I havent tried yet b/c im not hooked up to the printer but if someone does, let me know how it turns out..if they give you one $50 off. Thanks! Edited by joshsmommy642

Well, I just got mine. Some are good through 1/14 and then some are only good from 1/15-1/29. What the heck is up with that? It also says:

Congratulations! Here are your rewards & exclusive deals!

The Rewards below reflect earnings on purchases made from 10/31/10 through 12/12/10. Rewards earned from 12/13/10 through 12/24/10 will be emailed on or about 1/14/11.

HUH????? They also split them up in $5 and $6 increments and partial expiring 1/14 and the rest expiring 1/29. I know I earned more after 12/12 so will be interesting. Don't see anything on mine preventing you from using them all at the same time, except of course the expiration date. I had planned on using them all on a birthday present for my daughter, guess not now.

Yes, they're such hack jobs. They split the rewards so if you want anything substantial you'll still have to pay for part of it. I think they're ridiculous. I have 2 sets of 22.00 rewards. I wanted to purchase a video game but of course how they did it ,my rewards will only pay for a portion of it. I would encourage everyone to write them and complain. So much for the extra 5 % they gave us, the way they split the rewards they knew you would most likelly have to spend extra money.

I just got my email. My rewards are split up too, some are 5 dollars and some are 6. I have 25 dollars worth that have to be used by the 14th and the rest are effective on the 14th till the end of Jan. I wanted to just use the whole 50 on one big item..but of course not..they should tell you that you can only use so much at one time. They took all of our money at one time..they could at least let us have the option of splitting them.

Well, I just got mine. Some are good through 1/14 and then some are only good from 1/15-1/29. What the heck is up with that? It also says:

Congratulations! Here are your rewards & exclusive deals!

The Rewards below reflect earnings on purchases made from 10/31/10 through 12/12/10. Rewards earned from 12/13/10 through 12/24/10 will be emailed on or about 1/14/11.

HUH????? They also split them up in $5 and $6 increments and partial expiring 1/14 and the rest expiring 1/29. I know I earned more after 12/12 so will be interesting. Don't see anything on mine preventing you from using them all at the same time, except of course the expiration date. I had planned on using them all on a birthday present for my daughter, guess not now.

Just got mine e-mailed too. Of course yesterday I picked up 2 explorer games with the bogo 1/2 off for grandsons birthday today, but I used 2 $5.00 leapfrog coupons so not that bad. Do not like the split of dates. What if you were a few $$ away from another reward amount on the 12th. Does any other store do this? I thought most stores just keep adding them up until you use them.

I just don't get it. IN the past they never did this and my plan was to use all of mine to get a large item. All this will do is encourage me to buy smaller items and not spend so much. So basically they are just shooting themselves in the foot in my case. I would have spent much more but because of this, I will just buy something that is not as big. I'm irritated by the whole thing really. I'm glad they gave extra, but I really wouldn't have spent as much had I known this was the way it was going to go.

Ok, I went on the website and logged in to my rewards and found a big paragraph that basically says they can do anything they want to with the program and can alter it in any way whatsoever (they had more words for it but that's my summary) My question is, who do we complain to. I know with companies like this it won't do any good, but it will make me feel much better to voice my 2c's on the matter! I tried the contact us feature but don't see an option for the rewards program nor do I see on the rewards website? Anyone else have an idea? Like I said, all it's doing is making me buy smaller items instead of the big stuff I would have so basically I still get to use their money they give me that I earned, just not as much of my own cash.

I received mine in m email today too. I have $25.00 to use before 1/14, and $25.00 to use after 1/14. It does suck that they split them up, but I am not complaing as it is free money anyhow. Had I not received these rewards, I still would have bought the same things I had bought.

I had no plans for mine. I will just go see what I can find on sale. Maybe some kind of gift for one of my kids birthdays.

Yes, they are stackable. You can use them $5 at a time, or use all of them at once, expiration date allowing. They have been sending rewards like this for at least 6 months now, and it totally sucks. I got huge rewards coupons last January, and I guess the program was costing them too much money. I am sure lots of those $5 rewards coupons don't get used because people think it isn't worth a trip to TRU just to save $5. I'm sure that's what they are counting on. Not to mention, TRU prices are higher than WM, so you really aren't saving anything in the end. Jerks.

Yes, it's free money but it was a VERY misleading way to get people to spend more than they would have. Only about half of what I bought during this earn 10% promotion was a good 'deal' when I bought it. The rest I only bought because I was counting on the 10% back to buy my daughter her birthday present. I definitely would NOT have bought as much had I known they were going to do this. It was never spelled out this is how they were going to do it, just that you would get your 10% back in January. I will definitely go use mine even if I have to buy a gift bag with it or greeting card.

• 1 month later...

Ok, I went on the website and logged in to my rewards and found a big paragraph that basically says they can do anything they want to with the program and can alter it in any way whatsoever (they had more words for it but that's my summary)

I don't know if they are still doing this or not, but there was a time when you only got 1/2 the credit for anything that was not full price. I don't know about anyone else, but I usually only but things that are on sale there since their normal prices are so high.

I had forgotten about my rewards. Funny thing is I checked them about 3 weeks ago and they had all just expired!!! I didn't realize they were only good for two weeks. This is why I hardly shop at tru. Too expensive and they have never actually mailed me anything once!!! I never got my rewards in the past when they first started this thing.

• 2 months later...
Guest bluecamel1913
Haven't had the need to shop at TRU recently, definitely not going now. Deceitful business practice.