XBOX Price Drop???

RCWC

Haven't heard but that would be nice! I do know I read there MAY be a shortage of 360's shipped out this year. I read on CNN Money that analysts are predicting less product will be shipped than as first thought. So maybe that will tempt them to lower the price of the older model! My son would love that! :)

I would think it might drop 20 maybe. Last year you could get the Xbox for 149.99 at Target that included three games. Remember when the ps2 came out my husband bought a ps for 99.99.

$120 to $130 with 3 games, might convince me make it $100 no questions asked I am there....

RC_WC

I would think it might drop 20 maybe. Last year you could get the Xbox for 149.99 at Target that included three games. Remember when the ps2 came out my husband bought a ps for 99.99.

Yep, and when the Game Boy Advance SP came out, the Game Boy Advance dropped, and when the Nintendo DS came out, the GBA SP dropped. I think it's almost certain the xbox will drop too. Probably not much, like you said, but there'll be bundles with games for the price of the xbox itself. That seems to be how they do it--they don't put the system on sale but they throw in a few games for free.

Yeah, I should have bought that. I believe it was like $26 or $28 at Walmart. Shes only 6 so I don't need anything special. My friend's daughter broke hers so she gave me a bunch of games to give her for christmas. At first I didn't know the sp played the regular Advanced games and now that I do, I'll buy her that one. She'll love the games. A bunch of Nick cartoon ones

I think that's likely too. The regular GBA is no longer made so the SP is now the "bottom of the line" model. Wouldn't surprise me if it dropped more. Didn't the original GBA go for like $30 or so last BF?

I don't know with the micro coming out at $100, seems like the SP price is not coming down.

RC_WC

They've talked about dropping the price to $120 in the past, but it's yet to be seen. MS says they are losing money on them at the current price of $150, so we'll see what happens. I think if the price drops, it will just be the stores clearing them out to make way for Xbox 360s once they are meeting the demand.

MS is NOT losing money on the XBOX. They lost money in the VERY beginning, but htey are well into the black now, i assure you. As for price drops, it is possible. I know there was a price drop on the pre-owned at EB Games last week. As for the 360, Most stores have already sold out of the 1st shipment, and are close to selling out on the 2nd. If you want one and havent pre-ordered, you may be doomed to wait at WalMart at midnight....

MS is NOT losing money on the XBOX. They lost money in the VERY beginning, but htey are well into the black now, i assure you. As for price drops, it is possible. I know there was a price drop on the pre-owned at EB Games last week. As for the 360, Most stores have already sold out of the 1st shipment, and are close to selling out on the 2nd. If you want one and havent pre-ordered, you may be doomed to wait at WalMart at midnight....

I never knew they were able to turn that around. I was able to get mine for $135 with a 10% coupon at BB, and it came with 2 free games. That was last year's bundle.

If it goes <$100, it could be a good deal to pick one up to mod it and stick it in an entertainment center.

Haven't heard but that would be nice! I do know I read there MAY be a shortage of 360's shipped out this year. I read on CNN Money that analysts are predicting less product will be shipped than as first thought. So maybe that will tempt them to lower the price of the older model! My son would love that! :)

We are counting on this to provided my BF shopping money lol. we have 3 reserved 2 at EB number 3 and 4 on the list and 1 at game stop number 3 on the list. I plan to flip them on ebay :)

The price is $300 or $400, depending on which version you want.

The less-expensive core system will feature only the Xbox 360 console with a controller, which has to be plugged into the system to play games. The $400 option will come with a 20 GB hard drive, a wireless controller, a headset (used for talking with other players online) that stylistically matches the Xbox 360 and, for a limited time, a remote control allowing users to more easily access the machine's multimedia functions.

What's the price range going to be on the 360 and what's the difference between it and the older version?

The Xbox 360 is replacing the "normal" Xbox. It is a faster, better system. Eventually no more games will be made for the current Xbox system. Just like Sony moved from Playstation to PS2, and Nintendo moved from NES, to Super Nintendo, to Gamecube. So it just depends on whether you want the best games being made in the future, or are happy with the games that are out now.

There are two versions of the XBox 360. One is $299, and the other is $399. Please, please, PLEASE do not buy the cheap one. The more expensive version includes a hard drive ($99 seperately), wireless controller, extra cables, remote control, and Xbox live (online). It will also play existing "normal" Xbox games.

The cheap one has none of those options, and since it has no hard drive, you will need an additional memory card ($40-$50) to play any games. Also, it will not play any of the regular Xbox games, since they require a hard drive.

So the price diference is really only about $50-$60. If you are spending that much money on the system plus more on games, what is an extra $50? You might as well get the one that will work the best for you down the road. I bet if you get the cheap version, you will end up buying at least the hard drive at a later date, so it will end up costing you more money in the long run.

Of course if the good version is gone, and you CANNOT wait to get one, go ahead with the cheapo. Just make sure you get the seperate memory card. I'd hate for you to open that up on Christmas Day and not be able to play.

The Xbox 360 is replacing the "normal" Xbox. It is a faster, better system. Eventually no more games will be made for the current Xbox system. Just like Sony moved from Playstation to PS2, and Nintendo moved from NES, to Super Nintendo, to Gamecube. So it just depends on whether you want the best games being made in the future, or are happy with the games that are out now.

There are two versions of the XBox 360. One is $299, and the other is $399. Please, please, PLEASE do not buy the cheap one. The more expensive version includes a hard drive ($99 seperately), wireless controller, extra cables, remote control, and Xbox live (online). It will also play existing "normal" Xbox games.

The cheap one has none of those options, and since it has no hard drive, you will need an additional memory card ($40-$50) to play any games. Also, it will not play any of the regular Xbox games, since they require a hard drive.

So the price diference is really only about $50-$60. If you are spending that much money on the system plus more on games, what is an extra $50? You might as well get the one that will work the best for you down the road. I bet if you get the cheap version, you will end up buying at least the hard drive at a later date, so it will end up costing you more money in the long run.

Of course if the good version is gone, and you CANNOT wait to get one, go ahead with the cheapo. Just make sure you get the seperate memory card. I'd hate for you to open that up on Christmas Day and not be able to play.

Yep, what he said. I forgot to answer that part, sorry. But he is right, the core system is really more expensive in the long run. But, for some that is easier. We have been paying on ours since they were in the computer at EB. Otherwise, we would buy the core and then get accessories as we could afford. Too bad hubby doesnt get a discount on new systems! Darn!

• 1 month later...

My first post in this forum. My GF works for Gamestop and they were supposed to get 150 of the top of the line models in. Only getting in 16 now. Microsoft has said they're not sending out more until January.

They will be getting the lower end xbox but it won't be able to play old xbox games unless you buy the hard drive seperately. Wait until after Christmas to buy one. All of the bugs will be worked out (trust me there are bugs), the price will go down, and there will actually be games out for it.

Guest general41391

$150 is the price. It is not dropping, but you can find some bundles!

$180 for: xbox live, xbox arcard, and a forza motor sport racing, plus controllers, etc..

If you plan on getting a 360 at wal-mart plan on getting there real early. I've already over heard some people scouting out my store for their 17 hour wait. Oh yeah, you heard that right. They are going to be there at 7am monday morning.

Oh in case you were wondering I work at wal-mart overnight. I have the night off and even though i don't plan on buying a 360 until they work the bugs out i sure as hell am going to be there monday to screw with people that have been there since 7am.