Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2005-06

Gator Pam

I just got the tiki firebowl for $44.98 and the tiki fountain for $39.98. I'm so glad that I decided to run into Target & check when I was out this morning, although my hubby may not be so glad;) . But I've wanted that fountain since they put it out a couple of months ago and he & the kids have been wanting a fire bowl or pit, so he may be OK with it:D .

Quite a bit of patio stuff @ 75% still at my store (Jonesboro, AR), but nothing really caught my eye.

I did get the following, however:

Trivial Pursuit Disney edition $12.48 (I know it might go down to 75%, but I've been wanting it for awhile now, so ...)

Cover Girl Advance Radiance foundation w/ Olay sample $2.42

2-pk Gillette Fusion shave gel and aftershave set $4.24

If any one is intrested while I was at Target today they were starting to mark down the summer outdoors toys. It is only 15%-30%. :)

They also had Pantene shampoo and conditioners & Head&Shoulders with samples for $2.48ea. :yup:

I got a bunch of these HUGE pantene bottles too. My husband joked I would have to clear off a whole shelf in the closet :) But what a deal!

Anyone know when the Eddie Bauer picnic stuff will go lower than 30% off?

I believe some posteers here have posted that they have found the Eddie Bauer picnic baskets at 75% off. I remember I went straight out to my Target and found one lone basket. But, it still scanned 30% off. And the next day it was gone. :frown:

I really wanted one of those picnic baskets...

i am confused about where the great perimeter deals are in target.

i live in phoenix, az most of our stores have been remodeled. i have seen very few perimeter deals; i think i understand the concept of perimeter as being the outer area of the store.

is this correct?

where else can i find these deals?

thanks, claudia

i live in phoenix, az most of our stores have been remodeled. i have seen very few perimeter deals; i think i understand the concept of perimeter as being the outer area of the store.

is this correct?

thanks, claudia

Right now, the deals are a bit few and far between. The sumer line recently went clearance, and the Independence Day merchandise as well (American Flags and such). The summer line, since it was seasonal, pretty much stayed on the shelves where it was originally placed, at least until it thinned out so much that it could all fit on an endcap or two.

Patio furniture and kids garden items are on clearance now as well. ZOf course, the patio furniture are too big to be on endcaps. And the kids garden supplies have just been marked down so they're probably at 30% off still in their original location. The good clearance items that make it to the endcaps at 75% off or so are usually only a few of each items.

Keep in mind, 'perimeter' not only means the outer walls of the building, but also the 'back' walls of interior departments. In my Target, the boys and girls clothes are backed up to each other, with a false wall inbetween. Along that false wall, on either side, are clearance endcaps for both departments.

Well, patience definitely has its benefits when shopping at Target!

I have posted before about a rectangular ottoman at Target.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000CD9ZYC.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS260_V55351797_.jpg

Originally 129.99...it was first 30% off at my local Target for quite a while. Then finally 50% off. Today I scored finding it 75% at my Target!! Hooray for me!!

Thats the ottoman I also posted that I wanted!!! Figures they would wait until after I am laid up from surgery to finally mark it down!

I bought several packages of Maybelline Pure makeup w/ bonus concealer stick, Superstay lipcolor and Shinylicious lipcolor all clearanced at $1.24 each. On the Maybelline aisle there are products with $2.00 coupons placed on them. I used these coupons and made .76 per product.

I just got the tiki firebowl for $44.98 and the tiki fountain for $39.98. I'm so glad that I decided to run into Target & check when I was out this morning, although my hubby may not be so glad;) . But I've wanted that fountain since they put it out a couple of months ago and he & the kids have been wanting a fire bowl or pit, so he may be OK with it:D .

I went everyday this week waiting for the tiki fountain to drop to 75% off, They had 6 left in the store, so of course I checked wed. morning and it was still at 50% off, I even asked the store person and was told it was still at 50% off. Show up thurs morn. and all of them were gone. Boy, was I pissed, still ended up getting a floor lamp for $22 and two nice outside area rugs for 19.99, but I really wanted that tiki fountain.

is this correct?

thanks, claudia

My store has less and less "perimiter deals" in the perimiter, they are moving them to the isles and also constantly moving stuff around. They used to all be at the end of the isles. And they'll have a lot of something on clearance and it will dissappear and then reappear. And stuff stays 30% off forever, and they'll mark something down to 75% off and then back up to 30% off. They move the clearance stuff around all the time. I don't get it!

I went everyday this week waiting for the tiki fountain to drop to 75% off, They had 6 left in the store, so of course I checked wed. morning and it was still at 50% off, I even asked the store person and was told it was still at 50% off. Show up thurs morn. and all of them were gone. Boy, was I pissed, still ended up getting a floor lamp for $22 and two nice outside area rugs for 19.99, but I really wanted that tiki fountain.

I've been eyeing that fountain all summer! And when I asked the employee to scan it he scanned the fire pit instead and when he said it was $40-ish I said that I'd take that too. We're going to use it tonight if it dosen't rain AGAIN.

Things I saw today:

• Thomas O'Brien bedding, 50% off
  • Thomas O'Brien lamps and other lamps too, 75%
  • Dog treats (various kinds), 25% off
  • Some baby stuff, mostly for girls
  • Nascar-themed stuff in the Automotive section, 30% off
  • And my deal of the day... Skil ixo palm size screwdriver (they hold their charge upto 18 months!), reg. $44.99, clearanced for $11.24! They got great reviews too, see here

.46 each

Yeah, I'm just saying they were regular $2.00 each and the 4th of July stuff was at 90% clearance, so they should of been .20 each. I'm wondering why your Target charged you .46 each. And .46 seems like such an odd amount for a clearance price. .46 comes out to 77% clearance, which I have never heard of.

Regular price - $2.00

15%- 1.70

30%- 1.40

50%- 1.00

75%- .50

77%- .46

90%- .20