Naughty or nice? Who's tops on your list?

amiller17

The only ones that matter at Christmas is my son and niece. Christmas is for kids....don't get me wrong I love presents too and I'm sure on BF I'll pick up a few things for my DH and I but the main ones are the kids.

43 DAYS UNTIL BLACK FRIDAY...YIPEE

The only ones that matter at Christmas is my son and niece. Christmas is for kids....don't get me wrong I love presents too and I'm sure on BF I'll pick up a few things for my DH and I but the main ones are the kids.

43 DAYS UNTIL BLACK FRIDAY...YIPEE

That is so true! My husband and I exchange gifts but nothing major. Its the kids day!

My 8 yr old granddaughter. :hearthrob I have custody of her so she is my priority. Then come the other grandkids, after her. :holiday02

Will your other grandkids resent that? My kids do. Maybe you are more "fair" than my MIL is though ;)

My son especially resents that my MIL didn't remember to send him a card or even call on his birthday but spent $300 on a party for my niece because she lives with her AND bought her a horse. Last year, my son got his birthday card in the Christmas box from her, with 2 sweatshirts that were the wrong size even though I told her what size he wore. He can wear a Medium, but prefers the Large, and she sent Smalls. His birthday was yesterday. He's 16 and old enough that I'm not going to try to explain. He draws his own conclusions and he's tired of it. I'm tired of trying to explain something that I find unacceptable.

My kids are tops, then my husband. The kids are more fun to shop for, but my husband usually does pretty well in the gift department too :)

Lots of Dec. 13th b-days--my dad's is also that day!! I've got my four children to buy for, my dh, both sets of parents, and we'll draw names among my nieces and nephews (so another four gifts). I do all the Christmas shopping which I don't mind I really enjoy it--unfortunately some years my husband really has to get motivated to buy me something, other years he goes all out. Maybe some years I'm naughty:D

The kids, hubby, Mom, MIL, then pets. Then come all of those gifts the kids think they have to buy for ALL of their friends. lol

Don't you love those gifts??? My daughter has about 25 people on her list this year. I've found lip glosses for 25 cents and belts for 99cents to go in these cute little boxes that I found last year for like 15 cents each after Christmas. My son doesn't do that--it might be a girl thing--he only buys a gift for the girl he likes at the time.

Here's an idea for the kids friends gifts...at least for girls. My daughter is 11 and she likes to make friendship bracelets...a huge pack of embroidery floss is around $10 an she will be able to make a ton of them. Put it in a little cheap stocking (.50 or less) and a candy cane and there you go. Also check out craft stores or Oriental Trading Company (they have a web site) for bead bracelet kits or ornament kits for really cheap. I'm thinking of letting my daughter have a Christmas craft party with a few of her friends one afternoon. On the other hand...I have 14 people at work to buy for..any suggestions? Can't make cookies or anything like that because some people are really wierd about eating food they haven't made.

Oh, and my kids are tops on the list because the nice outweighs the naughty most of the time. Then my hubby, who is the hardest in the world to buy for, then nieces, and all parents. Don't exchange gifts with siblings, we decided a few years ago why bother? We are all capable of buying whatever we want and we aren't together for the holidays so it was a group decision. When it got to the point where we were saying "get something for yourself for $XXX from me and I'll do the same on my end" it seemed pointless.

I don't have any kids, so my husband is first on my list. My Christmas shopping list is not very long. After my husband, I have 2 nieces, 1 nephew, my mother, my father, my sister, my mother-in-law, my two grandfathers, and we give cards to the rest of my extended family and friends. My husband and I tend to go overboard for each other, but I'm sure that will all change once we have children.

Don't exchange gifts with siblings, we decided a few years ago why bother? We are all capable of buying whatever we want and we aren't together for the holidays so it was a group decision. When it got to the point where we were saying "get something for yourself for $XXX from me and I'll do the same on my end" it seemed pointless.

I know--my brothers decided that years ago, but I like to get them a little something just so they have something to open--a CD or a cute fishing lure or just something :-) They don't buy me gifts, and I don't care, but it wouldn't be Christmas if I didn't have something for them!! I have super cheap cd's and stuff I bought last year after Christmas that I plan to give them this year.

Well, it's my hubby's sis and hubby. I would have no idea what to get them. If we were together then I'm sure we would exchange gifts. They come for Turkey day so we try to have the kids gifts bought and wrapped so they go home with them when they leave and they leave my kids gifts. I'd like to buy them something but it really is pointless. Hubby and his sis are also wayyyyy too practical so I doubt they see the point in buying for one another just because. Kinda sad really.:cry2:

• 2 weeks later...