New & needs help!

amiller17

I LOVE THIS STITE!!! I am new to posting things and to anything like this. I email my sister, check ads online and do some research other than that I am ignorant when it comes to the computer - especially the termonology. I know what LOL, LMAO and a few others mean but other abbreviations have me LOST!!!!! I have seen and heard the work BLOG what's that?? Please excuse the ignorance but I have a 5 year old son and I'm almost 40 so he can't help me and until now I really didn't care.

The last threaed I posted almost got posted twice - I have tried to use the icons but they don't seem to appear for me! HELP!!! I have told people about this and gave them my id but is there another way of getting referals to register? Any and all help is appreciated.

BF = Black Friday

AR = After Rebate

IR = Instant Rebate

MIR = Mail in rebate

PM = Pricematch

B&M = physical store, not online

To refer people to the site and get referrals, just send them your referral ID that is in your profile. You can get to your profile by clicking the "Quick Links" tab at the top. Go all the way down to "My Profile" and click it.

EDIT: Forget what I said about your profile, Click the "User CP" tab in the upper left to see your referral link.

Guest Frieked

Blog is short for web log... basically a site run by someone logging something on some subject... Almost like diary of sorts.

One site I use all the time is http://www.acronymfinder.com type in the acronym and more often than not it knows what it stands for.

Blog is a shortened version of Web Log. It's a site where people make entries of their latest news, thoughts, etc. Blogger.com would be a good example of a large collection of them.

Edit:

...and this is what we call a repost...since Frieked types faster than me.:1beer:

BF = Black Friday

AR = After Rebate

IR = Instant Rebate

MIR = Mail in rebate

PM = Pricematch

B&M = physical store, not online

Thanks! B&M was one I was really lost on. Some I can figure out after thinking on it - I guess it is bricks and mortor??

You are correct.

B&M = brick and mortar ... meaning your local store as opposed to online.

If you're interested here is your referral link:

http://forums.gottadeal.com/index.php?referrerid=6591

That can be found in your User CP (top left in the blue bar).

:2welcome: to the forums, please make yourself at home and let us know if you need any further assistance :)

Blog is a shortened version of Web Log. It's a site where people make entries of their latest news, thoughts, etc. Blogger.com would be a good example of a large collection of them.

Edit:

...and this is what we call a repost...since Frieked types faster than me.:1beer:

Thanks twice - and a repost is the same info twice and is that bad???

Thanks RossMAN - I feel at home already, but I am learning how to navigate the site. Correct spelling is not a requirement is it??? LOL? Last year I came here for all the black "fried days" deals and loved it and keep coming back as it was updated. I am emailing ever one I know and telling them. I have tons of family memeber and I guess a few friends too. I hope you reach the membership goal.

Thanks RossMAN - I feel at home already, but I am learning how to navigate the site.

You're welcome :)

Do you have any questions regarding site navigation? Go ahead and ask :)

Correct spelling is not a requirement is it??? LOL?

Nope.

Last year I came here for all the black "fried days" deals and loved it and keep coming back as it was updated. I am emailing ever one I know and telling them. I have tons of family memeber and I guess a few friends too.

You could really help us out by spreading the word about GottaDeal.com

Please remember this web site and forum dedicated to Hot Deals, not just Black Friday. So we're here 24/7/365 always looking for hot deals and having fun in the process.

I hope you reach the membership goal.

Every day we get that much closer to our ultimate goal, world domination :groovin:

Thanks all. I was having a shi$$* day and I am feeling better by the second. I didn't realize that there are hot deals here too. I will have to check that out tonight after everyone is in bed. I will be sure to pass this on to all I know and even a few I don't. :) There are some in my address book that I have no idea who they are - it's that auto add, but I will tell them anyway. Hey a great deals is my highs and I am in search for the eternal highs. I love free stuff too. I figure if they don't like a great deal than they are normal and they aren't for me. Let them block my e-mail address.

Wished I could get some referrals. I have been spreading the word since I signed up. Maybe I will luck up and get some referrals soon. :D

I call and tell them about the site. When they read it they deleated it but once I told them aobut it they wanted to have it resent to them. Several friends were here and viewed it with me and joined. Seeing is believing.;)

Thanks all. I was having a shi$$* day and I am feeling better by the second.

I'm sorry to hear you weren't having a good day, I'm glad things are starting to look up!

I didn't realize that there are hot deals here too. I will have to check that out tonight after everyone is in bed. I will be sure to pass this on to all I know and even a few I don't. There are some in my address book that I have no idea who they are - it's that auto add, but I will tell them anyway. Hey a great deals is my highs and I am in search for the eternal highs. I love free stuff too. I figure if they don't like a great deal than they are normal and they aren't for me. Let them block my e-mail address.

I'm glad you mentioned that. A lot of our visitors assume we only provide Black Friday deals and discussion, that's far from the truth

Our bread and butter is the main web site GottaDeal.com and our main forums.

I would recommend signing up for our Daily Deal Update to get deals e-mailed to you daily. Since you like free stuff check out our grocery coupons and freebies forum.