Got an itch I want to scratch...

Guest Deals4Me

Guest Deals4Me
UNFORTUNETLY, its another month before BF...I am barely gonna sleep on Turkey days night..man...it sucks! I NEVER looked forward to BF this much... Need someof the adrenaline NOW....I need to get organized!:wife:

Guest Deals4Me
I dont know what I want to do more, sit and chat with the other till its go time, or the deals, both are soooo much fun!

Man, I am really anxious about it too, as it's gonna be my first BF!!! When I tell people here I'm going to shop on BF, I gotta explain them everything, as most of them don't even know what Thanksgiving is... And of course, there comes the question: "If I give you some money, could you bring me something?":lolrun:

Does anyone here do Target Perimeter Perusing, and visit the online sites about hidden 75% to 90% off Target b&m clearance? That's what gets me through the year until BF. The following site helps a lot, and if you like discussing the deals I can post links to several message boards, or if allowed and anyone is interested, I could start a Target thread here...

Target UPC Clearance List

Does anyone here do Target Perimeter Perusing, and visit the online sites about hidden 75% to 90% off Target b&m clearance? That's what gets me through the year until BF. The following site helps a lot, and if you like discussing the deals I can post links to several message boards, or if allowed and anyone is interested, I could start a Target thread here...

That's interesting! I like Target a lot!!!:woot2:

I do!!! I had no idea there was a site about it though! Its so funny, my entire family has a specific path through any given target. They only have a couple of layout styles, so upon entering we know what to do! Good to see there are others with the same sickness!

I do!!! I had no idea there was a site about it though! Its so funny, my entire family has a specific path through any given target. They only have a couple of layout styles, so upon entering we know what to do! Good to see there are others with the same sickness!

Feel free to join us at Freebies and Bargains. The forum is free to join, but you are limited to 10 posts a day without becoming a paid subscriber.

Here is a dated post I made about the ins and outs of Perimeter Perusing at Target. Some information has changed, such as Target no longer price matching and the mark down schedule has changed slightly. But it's a terrific intro to the addiction.

Target Shoppers Newbie Guide

Sorry, but the foreigner is confused... LOL What's "Perimeter Perusing"???

:::wry grin:::

It's sort of explaned in the Newbie Guide that's linked above, but if you have never been to Target, I can see how the phrase doesn't mean anything to you.

Target is a large discount retailer, similar to Wal-Mart and K-mart here in the states. They try to have a nicer shopping atmosphere, and some people who disdain discount retailers like to refer to the store as "Tay-jay". Sort of a mock French accent to denote snobbishness, kwim?

Anyway, one thing Target does that none of the other stores do on a nation-wide basis is mark down overstock as clearance. Except for seasonal items, the items are not necessarily marked down the same week, but if an item goes on clearance at one Target, you can pretty much be sure it will go on clearance at all of the Targets across the country within a month or so, as long a the item does not sell out before being marked down.

When Target puts an item on clearance, they usually move it from it's regular shelf location to a stand of shelves on the end of an aisle that is referred to as an endcap. Each aisle in the store has two endcaps, and the ones that are close to the outer walls of the store (the perimeter) is where Target tends to put their clearanced merchandise. So, those of us who frequent Target several times a week looking for clearance deals have coined the phrase, "perimeter perusing."

I hope that helped define the phrase. If not, ask for clarification.

:::wry grin:::

It's sort of explaned in the Newbie Guide that's linked above, but if you have never been to Target, I can see how the phrase doesn't mean anything to you.

Target is a large discount retailer, similar to Wal-Mart and K-mart here in the states. They try to have a nicer shopping atmosphere, and some people who disdain discount retailers like to refer to the store as "Tay-jay". Sort of a mock French accent to denote snobbishness, kwim?

Anyway, one thing Target does that none of the other stores do on a nation-wide basis is mark down overstock as clearance. Except for seasonal items, the items are not necessarily marked down the same week, but if an item goes on clearance at one Target, you can pretty much be sure it will go on clearance at all of the Targets across the country within a month or so, as long a the item does not sell out before being marked down.

When Target puts an item on clearance, they usually move it from it's regular shelf location to a stand of shelves on the end of an aisle that is referred to as an endcap. Each aisle in the store has two endcaps, and the ones that are close to the outer walls of the store (the perimeter) is where Target tends to put their clearanced merchandise. So, those of us who frequent Target several times a week looking for clearance deals have coined the phrase, "perimeter perusing."

I hope that helped define the phrase. If not, ask for clarification.

Thanks a lot, Pam!!! I've been to Target in Orlando, I was just not familiar with the term, you know. There is a Target at Sawgrass Mills, so I think it would be a good idea to go there!

Thanks a lot, Pam!!! I've been to Target in Orlando, I was just not familiar with the term, you know. There is a Target at Sawgrass Mills, so I think it would be a good idea to go there!

The Target at Sawgrass Mills is a Target Greatland. Basically a Target with a larger floor plan. I find that particular Target is difficult to Perimeter Peruse, but not because of the size. My theory is since it is in a mall that attracts both locals and tons of tourists, that the clearance items sell out before getting marked down much.

There are a lot of Targets all over the Fort Lauderdale area. If you have time, I suggest you try Perimeter Perusing at any of the other ones. The ones I know best are the ones in Hollywood, Aventura (my favorite for finding clearance when I'm down there), and the one at the Broward Mall. There may be better ones in the area I haven't visited yet, but I've been to about 10 of the different Targets in the area, and those are my favorites for clearance.

Keep in mind many times the items are not marked on clearance at all! So anything you have an interest in bring to a scanner and double check the price. You may be surprised and find an item on clearance no one knows about. And the UPC list I linked is quite useful in that situation.

A Target store just opened about 2 minutes from my house as well as a Walmart. Im so excited!

Oh, have fun, Elena! Keep in mind a new Target may not have much clearanced merchandise for a few months, especially with the holidays approaching. But, the Halloween clearance should follow the standard seasonal markdown schedule most Targets follow after a holiday except Chr-stmas.

Traditional Holiday clearance schedule

50% off day after holiday for three days

75% off fourth day after holiday for three days

90% off seventh day after holiday for 1-2 days.

Other than Chr-stmas this is the schedule used for holiday clearance, including Valentine's Day, Easter, Summerville, and Halloween, for at least the last two years

In case you haven't made it over to the newbie guide, here is the departmental markdown most Target stores follow. However, you do need to get to know your individual store as some work ahead or behind schedule.

------- Mark Down Schedule -------

-Mon. -- Electronics, Kids Clothing and Stationary (Cards, GiftWrap, etc.)

-Tues. -- Domestics, Women's Clothing, Pets and Market (food items)

-Wed. -- Men's Clothing, Toys, Health and Beauty, Lawn & Garden items

-Thur. -- House Wares, Lingerie, Shoes, Sporting Goods, Movies, Music, Books, Decor and Luggage

-Fri. -- Auto, Cosmetics, Hardware, & Jewelry

I hope you find this helpful!

The Target at Sawgrass Mills is a Target Greatland. Basically a Target with a larger floor plan. I find that particular Target is difficult to Perimeter Peruse, but not because of the size. My theory is since it is in a mall that attracts both locals and tons of tourists, that the clearance items sell out before getting marked down much.

There are a lot of Targets all over the Fort Lauderdale area. If you have time, I suggest you try Perimeter Perusing at any of the other ones. The ones I know best are the ones in Hollywood, Aventura (my favorite for finding clearance when I'm down there), and the one at the Broward Mall. There may be better ones in the area I haven't visited yet, but I've been to about 10 of the different Targets in the area, and those are my favorites for clearance.

Keep in mind many times the items are not marked on clearance at all! So anything you have an interest in bring to a scanner and double check the price. You may be surprised and find an item on clearance no one knows about. And the UPC list I linked is quite useful in that situation.

Cool! Thanks for the advice! I'll search for other Targets around Sawgrass Mills. I've already found a Walmart, 2 Walgreens and a Best Buy really near Sawgrass Mills, and I've printed maps. This way, it's will be easier to try to go there fast, and try to get deals!

Cool! Thanks for the advice! I'll search for other Targets around Sawgrass Mills. I've already found a Walmart, 2 Walgreens and a Best Buy really near Sawgrass Mills, and I've printed maps. This way, it's will be easier to try to go there fast, and try to get deals!

Excellent! I hope it all works out.

Just an FYI...

I feel I have highjacked this thread in the BF forum with my posts about Target, so I started a new thread over on the Offline Deals forum. Feel free to check it out at Perimeter Perusing at Target.