Walmart Dec 12- 18 Sale

Deal Grabber

Do you have any specifics on the laptop? I haven't received the ad yet. TIA

Ad says Toshiba Satellite, AMD Sempron 2.1 GHZ 2GB memory 250 GB Harddrive windows 7 home premium.HTH.

Im thinking its a sale specific laptop.I dont see this model on the site.L455D-S5976

Edited by Deal Grabber
added info

Does the ad have a start time? When I made a return last Saturday at Walmart the girl at CS was complaining about them using the CS registers for midnight sales, I'm wondering if they had some uber secret ones we missed or if they're doing an 8-10 am start instead.

Ok does anyone know how good a laptop this is. My friend is looking to get a tablet or maybe a netbook to do the following:

surf the net, read email, watch movies, play games (not sure what kind but think like bejeweled, sudoku, chess, have apps, and do some of the stuff that tablets advertise. Would it be better to get a tablet or this laptop for the money. I think he has been looking at the tablets for under $150 and he does not know what the differences are. I told him even a laptop like this would be fine for what he wants to do, plus he could do more. I am not that familiar with tablets.

Thanks for any answers.

was their any deals on an IPOD touch or ps3.. A friend is hoping for some kind of deal on these..

Thanks

Check out TRU. They had in that big book a gift card and a itunes card with purchase of the touch. I think it was only Sun and Mon but they will have it again I am sure.

Is this a better deal than the HP listed in the staples ad

http://weeklyad.staples.com/staples/default.aspx?action=entryflash&adref=%20staples_right_hand_nav&cm_sp=marketing-_-Weekly%20ad%20header-_-weekly%20ad%20heade (

Its $379.00(-$50 coupon) and its a 3gb, I am trying to decide which is better for the money. I am not super tech savvy, need it mostly to surf internet, light work and school projects.

Is this a better deal than the HP listed in the staples ad

http://weeklyad.staples.com/staples/default.aspx?action=entryflash&adref=%20staples_right_hand_nav&cm_sp=marketing-_-Weekly%20ad%20header-_-weekly%20ad%20heade (

Its $379.00(-$50 coupon) and its a 3gb, I am trying to decide which is better for the money. I am not super tech savvy, need it mostly to surf internet, light work and school projects.

Can you put a link right to the laptop and not the weekly ad?

I am embarrassed to say I am not sure how, i think this is it. It was right on the front page of the ad. I have a 50 off coupon , plus it has a rebate which would bring the price down to $329.00.

http://www.staples.com/HP-G62-340US-15.6-Laptop/product_905278?storeId=10001&jspStoreDir=Staples&cmSearchKeyword=905278&fromUrl=home&langId=-1&catalogId=10051&cmArea=SEARCH&ddkey=StaplesSearch

I am embarrassed to say I am not sure how, i think this is it. It was right on the front page of the ad. I have a 50 off coupon , plus it has a rebate which would bring the price down to $329.00.

http://www.staples.com/HP-G62-340US-15.6-Laptop/product_905278?storeId=10001&jspStoreDir=Staples&cmSearchKeyword=905278&fromUrl=home&langId=-1&catalogId=10051&cmArea=SEARCH&ddkey=StaplesSearch

You got it that time. ;) I guess it all depends on what the Walmart one is exactly. The Staples one is good because it has dual core but it's AMD. I think I would rather have a single core Intel over a dual core AMD. But that's just IMHO. :)

I bought the Xbox 360 250 gb on 12/2 at Walmart (the same one that now has the $75 gc). Does anyone know if there is any way I can bring in my receipt and get the $75 gc?

I know this model is particularly tough to find so I do not want to return and rebuy it. $75 gc is a nice bonus though:yup: