coinstar $40/50 deal

eve

just got an email from coinstar. Cash in $40 or more and get a $10 bonus, works with AMAZON, ITunes, Borders, Lowes, Rixty, Gap, Starbucks, and Regal.

http://locator2.coinstar.com/default.aspx

Promotion Period begins 12/6/2010 and ends 12/31/2010 (11:59PM Pacific Standard Time)

No fee for cashing in your coins for any of these merchants. Directions for cash in and for the gift cards are on the Coinstar site. Enjoy!

Edited by eve

hmmm.... Amazon doesn't join until the 9th. Would I be able to buy a Target $50 from Amazon (after I cash out with Amazon on Coinstar) with this card? Wanting to do a "stocking" for my neices, and would LOVE to be able to use the card, to buy the Itunes card deal.

my guess... you could put $40(or more) change into coinstar on the 9th. they will give you $40 in an Amazon ecertificate to use right away that i would imaging you could buy a target gc with. You also will have a promo number .... you have to enter it in the site, THEN they will mail you the $10 AMAZON PROMO... id say you might or might not be getting this part by Christmas.....

but it does work out with buying gifts for others now and then you get the promo for yourself later

same with the other places... you do $40 now get $10 of that promo later...

you can do each once per name/addy.

so you can do ONE

$40 amazon

$40 ITunes,

$40 Borders,

$40 Lowes,

$40 Rixty,

$40 Gap,

$40 Starbucks, and $40 Regal.

Limit one Lowe's gift card per Promotion Code, name and mailing address.

So I guess I can't go get $400 in change from the bank, go to coinstar, drop in coins $40 at a time and end up getting 10 $10 free gift cards? Darn it.

L8r,

Kevin

you can IF you have 9 other addresses (friends/family) that you can use...

and yes it does look like only toys but never heard of such a thing so idk if itll work on anything else:confused:

If I am reading it correctly the Amazon bonus $10 can only be used towards toys/games.

I just did the promo today. Cashed in $40.01 :) When I entered the code to redeem on Amazon, it said it could be used on toys, games and more

Get a $10 bonus code for toys and games or millions of other items at Amazon.com when

you cash in for an Amazon.com eCertificate.

I assumed it was going to be a mail in offer again. So glad it's instant!

Do all coinstar machines offer the GC option? I tried to do this today but the only options I saw was get cash (less 9% fee) or donate to charity.

Edit: I found the answer. I was in a hurry earlier and just glanced at the locations. I didn't notice that some have the logos for the GC stores and some don't. The one I went to didn't have the GC option, so I took my coin jar for a walk around Walmart for no good reason. I guess I'll try again tomorrow.

Edited by fluffkin79