BF Ad Matching

diane175

Hi! I am new to the ad matching at stores. I just learned of it last year at BF. I didn't know that the stores would match cheaper prices of other retailers! I was hooked after that! :cheesy: Do you think its not worth the hassle or are you an ad match junkie like me?

Same here, I plan out which stores to hit first and price match accordingly. I went from PX (Post Exchange) to Walmart, K-mart and Target.

By the time I got to Walmart I knew , I would loose out on certain doorbusters so I just pricematched them (Kmart and Target) at Walmart! I ended up with all the stuff I wanted and wasn't as stressed as the rest of the people trying to rush through x- amount of stores in 5 hrs.

I did it at Walmart last year too... we thought it would be tough but the rival stores are actually coded into the register ... just don't forget to bring the ads so they can see the prices. That is actually what I used the early ads for the most last year. Typically most stores are closed on Thanksgiving, so if you get the ads early on GottaDeal you can see what will be on sale at the other stores and then go to Walmart on the day before Thanksgiving and see what they have in stock that is on sale elsewhere.... then you know what you don't need to run for on BF, 'cause it'll probably be at Walmart.... (or if you're Brad you can hide what you're going to buy in say an oven or something)

Everyone is talking about Walmart and I think Keebelf has mentioned Sears.. did anyone else get another major store to PM on BF that we might not be aware of?

I tried to do the ad-matching thing at Walmart last year but found that they didn't carry a lot of the items I was looking for.... mostly video games. (This is a regular Walmart, not a supercenter) Still managed to admatch a few CDs and DVDs, but couldn't avoid going to Best Buy as I had hoped.

I also got turned down at Circuit City trying to admatch a DVD because they said the item was "already on sale" there. My argument that is was on a better sale at Toys r Us didn't seem to matter to them.

I have the 24 hour super center and they carried pretty much all my price matching items. I love 24 hour as you don't have to freeze outside waiting and also you can have your price matching items in the cart already. Very convenient. In and Out pretty quick