Overstock users beware!

flosmoney

I ordered Thanksgiving the nook 3G+wifi and used my husbands new discover card to pay. This morning he received a call from discover that somebody ordered a laptop from apple and tried to order another one but it was declined. They closed his card and are investigating. Please check what ever card you used to order.

flosmoney

Wow. That is upsetting. I'm so glad it was a new card so it may be easier to pinpoint where the number was stolen from.

DH had his number stolen and the thief made a new card and used it in New Jersey. Thankfully we are in the western part of the country and DH was no where near New Jersey. It was taken care of quickly, but I still felt violated.

I hope you all have a better day today.

I ordered Thanksgiving the nook 3G+wifi and used my husbands new discover card to pay. This morning he received a call from discover that somebody ordered a laptop from apple and tried to order another one but it was declined. They closed his card and are investigating. Please check what ever card you used to order.

flosmoney

i wouldn't be so fast to lay the blame on overstock..though it could have something to do with it, it could have just as easily be something on your pc leaching your personal details. there are various ways it could end up on your pc from a link you get in an email to a link you click on facebook or something..there was a big one last year, people clicked a link to watch a video on youtube and it went to a site that looked like youtube and there was no way you could tell it wasn't and just like that... all their details were taken.

its just a shame when it happens...lady i work with had a guy in england purchase like $1000 worth of clothes from some ritzy mens store in england using her credit card info

It was weird because I never click on links especially on Facebook. My sisters get viruses from them.. My husband and I are careful over 25 years of pc use and no virus. I ordered on an iPad, which has not been outside of our house and pass worded router. I feel lucky that it was his card and not my debit card.

I had a ourchase made with my debit card last week. Luckily I blanaced my check book the same day it saw the charge on there. I called the bank to cancel my card. I tried calling teh company (got the # from their website) it was just a recording saying to leave them an email. My husband emailed them asking what was ordered and where it was sent. They gave him back our address and said it was sent to us. I had never been on that web site. never heard of it and never received the items they said we ordered. It was scary to me because now they had our address too. How did they get our address and debit card number?

Check to make sure you do not have the pay pass symbol on your card. This is a radio frequency that can be "read" or stolen even in your purse or wallet. I worked a military event in Puerto Rico on a military base and everyone but me had their purses in the same office. All of the cards with the pass symbol were hijacked even though they were in a secure location and were used before we even left the island.

Check to make sure you do not have the pay pass symbol on your card. This is a radio frequency that can be "read" or stolen even in your purse or wallet. I worked a military event in Puerto Rico on a military base and everyone but me had their purses in the same office. All of the cards with the pass symbol were hijacked even though they were in a secure location and were used before we even left the island.

WOW~thanks for this tip!