Did you do anything nice for a fellow shopper (or see someone do a nice thing)?

buffaloguy

I went bf shopping on my own and made friends in line. as we were talking several of us found we had several items in common so we made a deal of who was going after what. I was sent for the hard drives... although a bunch of people were blocking the hard drives i did get one of the 2tb one instead of keeping it for myself I gave it to the women in line that let me use her umbrella.

I went bf shopping on my own and made friends in line. as we were talking several of us found we had several items in common so we made a deal of who was going after what. I was sent for the hard drives... although a bunch of people were blocking the hard drives i did get one of the 2tb one instead of keeping it for myself I gave it to the women in line that let me use her umbrella.

That was nice of you.:yup:

While waiting to open DVD pallets at Walmart (which were waaay too close together that it was almost impossible to get around them), several ladies were getting DVDs from their areas and giving them to people in other areas, including me, once we were allowed to open the pallets.

Then, while waiting in line for the register with this pile of DVDs and a game that I was price matching and no cart, the lady in front of me told me I could put my stuff in her cart. At the same exact time, the man behind me told me the same thing. I put my stuff in the cart in front and that lady's friend called her cell to tell her other register lines were shorter. We all moved and got out soooo much quicker than if we had just waited in that 1 long line.

Afterwards, while waiting for the laptops (my DH had been saving my place and then left after I got back), I gave some tips on what the various Nintendo handhelds could do to a couple who were talking about getting their 7 & 9-year-olds some sort of handheld game systems. Also told them if they couldn't get the DS Lite from Walmart that Radio Shack might still have one available for the same price from their sale earlier in the week. In return, they let me keep their Kmart print ad since my paper didn't come with 1.

What a great thread! Thank you! I love hearing all the positive stories.

I was at Meijers on Black Friday hoping to score some $6 Squinkies. There were no more left. Another lady came up and was disappointed because they were all sold out. She had put some in her cart at Walmart, but didn't buy them because she hoped to pick up cheaper at the Meijer sale. I went to walk away and some guy walked up and handed me two packages because they decided they didn't need them. I in turn handed one of them to the other lady waiting. She was so excited and couldn't believe it! She asked me if I was sure and I told her yest, but daughter didn't need two........we all walked away with a good feeling!

DH and I had great experiences in EVERY store we went into!!! GameStop- The SA were amazing and so helpful! They took their time and answered every question without trying to rush us. Another dad was in there and we were pro/con a DSi over a DS XL. Wal-mart, again, SA's were on top of everything. We had another shopper help us look for the cricut expression on sale, we were helping shoppers look for their PJs while they looked for ours(don't know how it worked out that way- but it did, lol). Gymboree- I gave away 2 of my 20% off coupons and the women seemed like it made their day, Toys R Us- we had a shopper find our last lego set we were looking for, another shopper looked like she wanted to cry because she couldn't get anything off the top shelf so DH was helping her get all the things up high for her, and we were all searching the Barbie area for what people were calling out for and they were doing the same.

Everyone we saw had smiles on their face and would say "Happy Shopping!". It was a great experience hands down- and I much prefer shopping in Tulsa, OK to LA, CA or Charlotte, NC. lol.

Reading this thread has made my day. Unfortunately, I encountered NONE of this wonderful behavior when I was out and about. All the rude people must have decided to shop in Oxford, NC and Henderson, NC. :yuck: I wish I had gone shopping where y'all were! :D

• 2 weeks later...
I also made a point to give out tickets to shoppers who asked me. This was after I made the determination that I no longer needed certain items thanks to online shopping deals. There was also confusion created by Best Buy wanting to go green and refusing to print specials, so we had to get tickets just in case they made a mistake, in which they did of course! I received a lot of thank you(s) and one guy followed me out to my car to thank me again.....