Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Walmart Did NOT Price Match!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 toebaby  OFFLINE  

toebaby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 25, 2010 - 8:19 am

I just came from WM and I was going to PM the Wii Fit Plus in the Meijer Thursday Ad. Meijer is across the street and the ad says its 50% off the reg price of 99.99 and the price is 49.99 from 6 a.m.-Mid. It says the new price in the ad, but they said because it shows 50% off they will not match it. I can understand if it only listed a % off, but it listed the new price (or today's price) too. Beware of PM'ing at WM on tonight....

#2 nawth21  OFFLINE  

nawth21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 25, 2010 - 8:48 am

yep, thats what they said in the WM Price Matching thread. They won't do it if it lists a % off, even if it states the current price.

#3 Illinoismom  OFFLINE  

Illinoismom

sometimes you have to let go

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,789 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 25, 2010 - 9:54 am

I had no problem this morning price matching K-mart to walmart

#4 EarleneW  OFFLINE  

EarleneW

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 25, 2010 - 3:08 pm

I think it really depends on who you get. Depends on it they want to be bothered or not. I have never had a problem with PMing there at all.

#5 sherril  OFFLINE  

sherril

GD addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,132 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 25, 2010 - 5:12 pm

i have a problem with pming at WM every year... it does really just depend on who u get.

#6 kranky  OFFLINE  

kranky

• 3,625 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 25, 2010 - 5:23 pm

yep, thats what they said in the WM Price Matching thread. They won't do it if it lists a % off, even if it states the current price.

What I saw in that thread is that they DO price match as long as the price is stated. The example in that thread said they had to get a manager to OK it and the manager wasn't happy that the cashier had refused to PM because there was a % off listed (which was irrelevant since the price was explicitly stated).

#7 afancyfeline4u  OFFLINE  

afancyfeline4u

Batman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 25, 2010 - 9:58 pm

That's stupid...it shouldn't matter as long as a price is stated. Isn't every sale price a percentage off?

#8 NYshopper  OFFLINE  

NYshopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted Nov 30, 2010 - 8:04 am

When we got to our WM at 1am on Friday The General Manager was outside b/c he was over seeing security and I quickly called him over and asked " Are you price matching?" and "What are the stipulations?" and he said " Yes we are, You just have to have the ad." I had 3 ad's in my purse and ended up getting about 3 things price matched. BUT important to know is that when I called my WM a week before I was told NO price matching and when I got to the register the cashier questioned me by saying "oh I don't think we are doing price matching." and I told her I had spoke to the GM outside and she just went ahead and did it. So its funny how disorganized they are.

#9 mrnicksr  OFFLINE  

mrnicksr

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 30, 2010 - 4:18 pm

I price match each and every year at Walmart and this year was no exception. Since we had to wait in line with our tickets for the TVs, I grabbed my ads from Kmart and Target and got most of the items we wanted from their stores right at Walmart. Makes it a lot easier to be late for the door busters at the others and I end up buying more items at Walmart anyway.

#10 pottsie66  OFFLINE  

pottsie66

• 1,151 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 1, 2010 - 5:33 pm

Ours price matched with no problem. I had the Toys R Us ad and pretty much got everything I went for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users