I really want a Cricut - advice needed

Shann

I know this is prob a silly Q but hopefully the experts can help me. I tried to get this last year only to find out the store I went to didn't get any in (this was 30 mins after they opened, and no one knew what was going on) :mad: By that time, you can imagine, they were gone from every store I went to or called.

Soooo... I don't want to miss it this year. It is part of the 12:01 am deals, what time do you think I need to get there? Do you think 10 pm will be sufficient? I really have no idea how popular these are.

Also, should I expect to find them in the arts and crafts section where they are normally kept? Last year I was sent all over the store being told they were in electronics, crafts, toys, etc.

I plan to go to the walmart I'm going to tonight or tomorrow and seeing if a mngr can confirm that they actually have them b/c I will be quite upset if I waste my time again as that was the only thing I wanted last year and so far is looking like the only thing I want this year.

I appreciate any info or advice from someone who may have insider info or bought one last year. TIA

Do you have a Joanns Fabric near you? They are having good cricut deals too plus great cartidges. I would be there at 11:30 so you can go straight to the craft department. Call the store and ask if they have any in. I saw the color expressions at a walmart last week.

Thanks for the replies.

Brad, I missed it online last year too :no: Kept checking and it wasn't avail yet wasn't avail then BOOM! Sold out. I was thinking of seeing if my dh would stay up and check online while I wait at the store to cover all our basis. LOL

We do have a Joanns but their cricut is the old one and not in a cute color. LOL :tongue1:

Menards also has the Cricut in their Black Friday ad for $148.

No Menards out here. When I lived in the midwest that was definitely one of my BF stops. I miss them.

Honestly, I'm really only interested in the one from Walmart b/c I WANT the colors. I know silly, right?

Last year, they were located in the main isle near the craft area in our store. They did not go real fast and there was no line for them. I would think you would be okay with getting there an hour or so early. I have the expression and LOVE it! Good luck, I hope you get one.

Last year the WM Cricuts and sale cartridges were on their own 4 sided square display. At my local store it was in the middle of a main aisle near the food section (not anywhere near crafting at that time). I'm not sure if they list the cricut items on their maps or not. This blog has pics of this year's actual display - http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com/2010/11/look-whats-at-my-walmart.html Look at the last picture to see the Cricut machines and to get an idea of the type of display.

The purple one sure is tempting! but my create is enough for me since I scrap on the go so much. I will pick up a Lite cart or two though. Good luck!

My WM last year had it in one of the big aisles on a pallet. It was not near the crafting area at all. It was a four sided pallet that had the machines and cartridges. I don't remember what time I arrived, but I was able to put it in my cart and load up on a few other items. They didn't uncrate/unwrap the electronics until 5AM. I had everything on my list (no electronics) and waited for the registers to open. Was out by 5:15.

I would consider going during the day for "recon" to see if you can find out where they are. Then be there a couple of hours before the price is valid.

BTW- Michaels has their great sale on ALL cartridges on Thursday eveninng.

Thanks all! I went and spoke to some employees today. They tried to see if they got them in, but said there was just so much stuff they couldn't tell. I was told they got them last year so I'm hoping they will again. I cannot imagine I will have the same luck as last year (at least I hope not!) I plan to arrive early just incase and will hopefully walk out w/ one of those pretty purple ones :D I will also have my hubby sitting infront of the computer to buy online just incase :g_laughin