Looking for good deal on "pay as you go" phone..carry over??

patmama3

I have Net 10 and they do.It is 10 cents a minute and 5 cents a text.Also a new one called straight talk is like 30-45 dollars a month but does not carry over to next month.It really depends on how much she is going to use it what you should get probably.These are both sold at Wal-mart and Net 10 is sold at many other retailers.

I got my daughter14 a strait talk for her bday ... bought the phone online and got the first month free. it is $45 a month but she has unlimted calling texting and internet so worth it. I think walmart has a black friday deal on them... $45 and you get the first month free.. we live in a very rural area and she still gets great service

I'm getting my grandkids a go phone . It's got 3 ways to pay, daily monthly or by the minutes. They call me once a week, so "I;m doing the daily plan. It's two dollars a day and unlimited talk or text. It will be about 8 a month for us. I looked at trac phones, but you have to buy minutes and then the card expires in 3 months so you have to buy more. I don't want to have to buy a card to keep my phone going. Straight talk is more expensive.

We used go phones for several years. They worked better for us then tracfone. I saw an LG Prime touch phone for $59 at Bestbuy on BF that I am thinking of getting for my 14 yr old. You can also put them on your plan if you decide to use a regular cell phone plan with ATT at some point.

We had TracFone for years- definitely not the cheapest. DH is now using Net10 and has been for over a year. They are 10¢ per minute and just started a new monthly plan. It's $25 for 750 minutes, texts, and internet or $50 for unlimited.

TracFone is around 120 minutes for $20 (with bonus codes) 60 minutes for $20 without. Net10 without the monthly plan is 200 minutes for $20. No fees.

We bought my DD a Samsung LG (touchscreen) phone from Walmart in September serviced by ATT. It was $99 but came with $50 credit on her account. If she uses the phone, it is $1/day. If she talks to an ATT customer than it's nothing more per minute. If it's a non-ATT customer then it's $10/min. We opt for the 200 texts for $5/mo. If you put on the minimum amount of $ (like $10 or $15) then you have to refill the phone again by a certain point or forfeit your $. If you put in more than $25 then it is good for 3 months. I hope this helps.

I have a Samsung phone from Net 10 and love it. Certain Samsung phones are also 3 cents per text, but you usually have to call them to notify them of this offer. I says right on the package if it is 3 cent text. I have so many minutes rolled over I don't know if I will ever use them. You can also get 150 minutes for $15.00.

i SWEAR by Virgin Mobile. I have two teenagers using it, have been for YEARS. They have extremely good no contract pricing, excellent phone options and run on the sprint network. I finally canceled my spring contract for my phone and purchased the new android based Samsung they now have and love it. Im paying $60 a mth unlimited everything. my kids are each on plans for $25, unlimited net, text, pics and 300 min talk time (kids text, not talk lol). We have literally been using Virgin Mobile for about 6 years in the house. They also have EXCELLENT customer service and its easy to get a human. Unfortunately a lot of no contract providers do not have that!

www.virginmobileusa.com

Thank you SO much everyone!! I read all your input, went to the sites of the ones you suggested and read up. We live in a very rural area in Nebraska, and several of the providers did not have coverage here. I chose to go with NET10 because I like the carry over minutes and they have solid service here. I appreciate all of your help so much!

Have a great Christmas :o)

Pat

Pat-

When using Net10, remember that the carry over minutes aren't always the best plan. You get 200 minutes (that can carry over) for $20, but for $25, you'll get 750 that expire within 30 days. If you're planning on using over 200, definitely do the $25 plan. If you use less, then stick with the carry over.

HTH!