Jenn O Turkey's .22 cents Walmart

queenkishaa

Ours were still .68 cents yesterday too :( and those were the Honeysuckle White brand. The Butterballs were .98 cents a pound and I didn't see any Jenn O brand like last year. Bi-Lo had them for .48 cents a pound but it was with a 10.00 purchase.

I wonder who these turkeys taste?

The turkey's going to eat you, huh? :D I have read that the Jenny-O are fine. It's a name-brand standard frozen "basted" bird (salt solution added). These were $0.29/lb at my local Kroger but I opted to pay a little more for the Honeysuckle (OK, not much more) due to good results in years past. The Honeysuckle was $0.39/lb at the local Albertson's plus there is an online coupon (google it). Safeway/Tom Thumb was advertising $0.28/lb for Jenny-O -or- Safeway brand, but they had no Jenny-O, only Safeway, and they looked like factory seconds. That's the cheap bird roundup in North Texas. FYI, Albertson's claims you have to spend an additional $20 to get the 39-cent price, but they are not enforcing it, in fact the cheapy price is printed right on the bird's label (no loyalty cards required, either).

The turkey's going to eat you, huh? :D I have read that the Jenny-O are fine. It's a name-brand standard frozen "basted" bird (salt solution added). These were $0.29/lb at my local Kroger but I opted to pay a little more for the Honeysuckle (OK, not much more) due to good results in years past. The Honeysuckle was $0.39/lb at the local Albertson's plus there is an online coupon (google it). Safeway/Tom Thumb was advertising $0.28/lb for Jenny-O -or- Safeway brand, but they had no Jenny-O, only Safeway, and they looked like factory seconds. That's the cheap bird roundup in North Texas. FYI, Albertson's claims you have to spend an additional $20 to get the 39-cent price, but they are not enforcing it, in fact the cheapy price is printed right on the bird's label (no loyalty cards required, either).

really with albertsons, wow, I might have to look today....I didn't go there because our store requires a $50 additional buy, I was thinking for the food bank these would be great but no one is going to donate if there are additional buying that needs to be done (all our stores did this when they had cheaper price)

really with albertsons, wow, I might have to look today....I didn't go there because our store requires a $50 additional buy, I was thinking for the food bank these would be great but no one is going to donate if there are additional buying that needs to be done (all our stores did this when they had cheaper price)

Keep in mind Albertsons has different ownership and sale items depending on what region of the country you're in. I found this out when I went to the website, and the store search redirected me to a new website. I'm in TX and my mom is in AZ and got a 29 cents a pound turkey at Albertsons, not sure what brand. Ours didn't have a .29 bird.

I'm willing to bet you will only find the really low prices in high-competition areas (like big metro areas).

For those of us in the southeast, I am finding Publix accepts competitors coupons and allows you to stack a manufacturers coupon for the same item along with it. If the 39 cents a pound Honeysuckle at Albertson's is via a store coupon, not an ad, and you find a manufacturers coupon online and print it off, they will take both on one bird.

Price matched my $0.29/lb coupon from Kroger's at Walmart......got a $14 Honeysuckle turkey for $4