Kmart price adjustment policy

yellowjeepster

I was reading how ppl are thinking about putting things on layaway and then picking up on bf b/c some stores will price adjust. But I noticed there is a $5. fee to layaway. So I looked to see if they have a price adjustment policy and they do!

** "Price adjustments will be given on prior Kmart purchases within 7 days of purchase. You must present in your original sales receipt /email to receive the adjustment. Price adjustments will not be given on holiday merchandise or merchandise that is on clearance." **

Anyone have any problems price adjusting? I know it varies and to check the store. Thinking about this for the Sat. sale on the DS Lite.

I was just thinking about the same thing! Two years ago I purchased some items from the Thanksgiving day ad a couple of days early and was able to get an adjustment on Thanksgiving day no problem. I don't know if their policy has changed since then though. I also want the DS lite and I am not sure what time I would have to be at the store in order to get one. I have been debating trying to get a PA as well. I am wondering how many they will have in stock too. I really don't want to go to Walmart for this!

I don't know about Kmart since I don't go there on BF (but price match at Walmart if there's something I like in the Kmart ad).. but FYI I did this at Kohl's last year... bought some door-buster items and things that would be on a great sale three days prior to BF, and then strolled into the store in the late morning and went to the customer service area and gave them my receipt to price adjust.. and about a minute later I was walking past the long lines and out the door with a handful of cash:)

I have a layaway on at KMart. This is true that price adjustments are only allowed within 7 days after you put the layaway on, BUT you can also get an adjustment when you pick it up (make your finally payment, in other words) IF you didn't get one within the 7 days. That's why the layaway line is sooo long on BF. And yes, there is a $5 layaway fee.