Best buy offers free shipping this holiday season

bigjimslade

http://www.bby.com/2010/11/17/best-buy-offers-free-shipping-this-holiday-season/

BEST BUY® OFFERS FREE SHIPPING THIS HOLIDAY SEASON

Free shipping through Dec. 21st and benefits of Store Pickup Plus provides the ultimate in convenience, selection and savings

MINNEAPOLIS, MN – (November 17) – One of the most comprehensive shipping programs in the retail landscape just got better right in time for the holidays. Best Buy (NYSE: BBY) is making it easier than ever to check off holiday shopping items by offering free online shipping through December 21st. The offer, valid on hundreds of thousands of items, including all CD’s, Blu-Ray and DVD movies as well as gaming software and accessories, will make it even easier for consumers to get their hands on the hottest holiday gifts.

In addition to the free online shipping offer, Best Buy recently launched an enhanced Store Pickup Plus program, which features benefits such as same-day pick-up in-store, allowing customers to designate a friend or family member to pick up their items in-store or ship out-of-stock items to their local Best Buy at no additional cost.

“We know consumers are looking for value and convenience this holiday season, and we’re continuing to provide them with exciting ways to improve their shopping experience,” said John Thompson, senior vice president and general manager of BestBuy.com. “With free shipping and Store Pickup Plus, in addition to our wide selection of must-have technology gifts, competitive prices and round the clock service, we’re giving our customers more choices than ever to complete their holiday shopping with ease.”

The combination of free holiday shipping, along with the robust Store Pickup Plus program, offers customers more options unmatched by any other retailer this season—including comprehensive solutions available across all selling channels, such as the Mobile version of BestBuy.com. The free ground shipping offer is available for online orders through December 21st and excludes laptops, netbooks, iPads, iPods, game hardware, Dynex® TVs, appliances and some other items that require scheduled delivery.

For more information, visit www.bestbuy.com

# # #

About Best Buy Co., Inc.

With operations in the United States, Canada, Europe, China, Mexico and Turkey, Best Buy is a multinational retailer of technology and entertainment products and services with a commitment to growth and innovation. The Best Buy family of brands and partnerships collectively generates more than $49 billion in annual revenue and includes brands such as Best Buy; Best Buy Mobile; Audiovisions; The Carphone Warehouse; Future Shop; Geek Squad, Jiangsu Five Star; Magnolia Audio Video; Napster; Pacific Sales; and The Phone House. Approximately 180,000 employees apply their talents to help bring the benefits of these brands to life for customers through retail locations, multiple call centers and Web sites, in-home solutions, product delivery and activities in our communities. Community partnership is central to the way we do business at Best Buy. In fiscal 2010, we donated a combined $25.2 million to improve the vitality of the communities where our employees and customers live and work.

I'm not a fan of BB. Actually had to call my credit card to dispute a charge from them after they credited me for overcharging me then re-billed me half the credit a few days later. I've had very bad customer service from them in the past but if the price is right, I'll take advantage of any holiday offers especially if I can get free shipping and avoid stepping foot in my local store. It must be a new thing for them now they don't respond to emails whatsoever. You get an automated reply "we'll get back to you when we can" and then nothing.

Best Buy has captured a LOT of my Christmas spending the last two years. In my opinion, they have perfected the B&M/Online synergy. You can look at product in store, buy it online, pick it up to save on shipping, and return items to the store. Their offbrand products are excellent (and fill my home) and their service contracts remove all the risk in buying an offbrand. Add to that free shipping, no hassle returns, and telephone price adjustments and you have a nearly perfect shopping experience. Edited by len_mullen
adding more info