Limits on Laptops & Netbooks & other items at Best Buy

TazErase

OK, most of us that camp out are familiar with the tickets at Best Buy and how they now only give 1 ticket per item TYPE. Any clue on if they are counting netbooks as laptops? Also, if so, they have the deal $150 off any Samsung laptop... If they determine the netbook as a laptop when they give out tickets, then wouldn't it be fair for them to let customers get the Samsung netbooks at the $150 off or will they determine the netbooks as laptops when it's in their favor and then not allow netbooks $150 off when you go to use the Samsung deal? It's a catch 22 really, call netbooks laptops to keep you from getting a laptop and netbook ticket, but then say the netbook is NOT a laptop when customers try to get $150 off a Samsung netbook, which based on my research they have a Samsung netbook as low as $279.99, with $150 off that would be $129.99 which I highly doubt they will do. I just feel they will not allow anyone to get the laptop (I want the Toshiba for $349) and the netbook (Compaq at $149), and then also not allow a Samsung netbook to be sold at $150 off. Anyone know what Best Buys policy on that will be?

Netbooks and laptops are definitely 2 different things in the Best Buy world. There is no chance unless the ad specifically said laptops and netbooks, which it did not. If I hear different, I'll let you know, but I'm positive this deal is for their $700 to $829 Samsung laptops that are carried in-store.

Does that mean they will let me get the tickets for the Toshiba laptop and also for the Compaq netbook?

When did they started doing the 1 per type? The last year I camped out (2 years ago), we get multiple laptops each.

Only limits im aware of is 1 ticket per item. Everything else is fair game, laptops big or small your allowed 1 ticket per item. Not 1 item per type. Last year I got 2 different laptops and a desktop that required tickets.

I just talked to my store manager and he said it is not a corp policy but some district managers are telling their managers to do 1 ticket per type. My manager said he is going one ticket per a item.

Yes, I am curious as well where you had heard they are only doing 1 ticket per TYPE now.

I just talked to my store manager and he said it is not a corp policy but some district managers are telling their managers to do 1 ticket per type. My manager said he is going one ticket per a item.

I stopped in my BB last night but the manager wasn't in. I will keep stopping back until I can touch base with him.

Yes, I am curious as well where you had heard they are only doing 1 ticket per TYPE now.

The location I go to started that about 2 years ago. If you get 1 laptop they do not allow you to get a second laptop even if it's a different laptop deal. Kinda messes up the point of standing on line so long when you get there and they only allow 1 laptop, 1 desktop, 1 tv, etc. In the past I used to be allowed to get a Toshiba laptop and a Sony laptop by myself. I understand allowing 1 of each item, but it messes things up especially when there was no warning that they changed it to 1 of each TYPE. Maybe that's just this manager's rule, if so I'll try contacting Best Buy and if I show him the official response through corporate maybe he will allow it. As of right now I am going with my wife so I can get the Toshiba laptop and she can get the Compaq netbook.

The location I go to started that about 2 years ago. If you get 1 laptop they do not allow you to get a second laptop even if it's a different laptop deal. Kinda messes up the point of standing on line so long when you get there and they only allow 1 laptop, 1 desktop, 1 tv, etc. In the past I used to be allowed to get a Toshiba laptop and a Sony laptop by myself. I understand allowing 1 of each item, but it messes things up especially when there was no warning that they changed it to 1 of each TYPE. Maybe that's just this manager's rule, if so I'll try contacting Best Buy and if I show him the official response through corporate maybe he will allow it. As of right now I am going with my wife so I can get the Toshiba laptop and she can get the Compaq netbook.

Report them immediately to the Ethics department. this is not corporate policy and should not be tolerated. I got my mess straightened out in this manner.

Report them immediately to the Ethics department. this is not corporate policy and should not be tolerated. I got my mess straightened out in this manner.

I'll go by later today or this weekend to speak to the manager and find out what he is planning. If he's planning to do 1 per type and mess me up I may have no choice but to contact corporate. That and the fact the ads weren't very good last year is why i stayed away from BB last year. I usually spend about $2000 or more, last year I didn't spend 1 cent there on BF.

I'll go by later today or this weekend to speak to the manager and find out what he is planning. If he's planning to do 1 per type and mess me up I may have no choice but to contact corporate. That and the fact the ads weren't very good last year is why i stayed away from BB last year. I usually spend about $2000 or more, last year I didn't spend 1 cent there on BF.

They only get away with it if nobody challenges them. Also make it a point to talk to the group in front about policy and what the printed ad should say.

Sounds like he enjoys keeping his job. Be sure you tell him how much you appreciate the fair play.

I just got back from my BB. There is a new general manager there this year which had me concerned since we had built a good relationship with the lat guy. New GM is very cool though and even commented right away that he heard all about me and my friends.

He said the policy has not changed. One ticket per item per person. So he said if I wanted three different laptops that it would not be a problem! :-)