anybody have any experience with the straight talk phone on the sale

momof5kiddos

Most of my grown children have finished their contract phones and have switched to these phones. They like them and they get more for their money. Plus if they run out of minutes they don't pay penaltys they just get a new card. Most them buy the $30 card each month. I think this gives the 900 minutes and 1000 text.

My husband, my sister, and I all have straight talk phones and we all love them. Some phones don't get service at my house, but the service with straight talk is perfect and I've never had a problem with it. We also get the $30/month deal and get 1000 texts and 1000 minutes, along with internet. That is plenty for us. In fact, the service was so good, that we recently cancelled our home phone and just have the cells now. Go for it!

We switched about a year ago. The phones do not sync with outlook and have several limitations, but over all we are happy with it. If your phone goes bad just buy another, though. They are known for really bad service. My wife's went bad while still under warranty. After spending 3 hours on the phone "troubleshooting" they were supposed to replace it. They never did, and I spent another 2 hours arguing with people before I gave up. I think we will get a couple of these deals just to have backup phones.

I have some friends that use it and love it. They buy the $50 unlimited card and never have a problem. We are going to be switching to these as the lines come up on our US Cellular contract. It makes a lot more sense to spend $100 month for unlimited on 2 phones as opposed to the $225 we're spending now. I may get the phones now and just wait to activate them.

My teenage son has had these phones for about 5 months now. The phones arent bad as for service but I think they are kind of crappy when it comes to quality. My son is already on his 3rd phone. I know he is kind of rough on his phone but 3 phones in 5 months is too much if you ask me.

I had one and really liked it for the price. I had one problem though, and it was a big enough problem to convince me to switch back to a regular Verizon phone. The Straight Talk phones do operate on the Verizon network. But if you are in an area where the Verizon service is spotty, there will be times when you have no service at all on the Straight Talk phone.

On my regular Verizon phone, when I travel to my other office 40 miles away, I can make calls and text all the way there (with someone else driving ;) ) and when I get in the office. That office is in an area that is not Verizon, but the other carrier has a roaming agreement with Verizon and so my Verizon phone works just fine with no roaming charges when I am there.

When I traveled to the other office with my Straight Talk phone, as soon as I left the Verizon area the phone was useless. No service at all, so I couldn't call, send texts, or receive texts all day.

So, if you currently have a Verizon phone don't assume that the Straight Talk phone will work everywhere your Verizon phone does. It's a great plan and saves money, but just make sure you know what you're getting! I wish I had tried the Straight Talk phone for a month before dropping my Verizon coverage, because when I switched back my old plan was no longer available and I am paying more each month than I was before :no: