The Amazing Walmart Electronics Event: Part 2

Thumper501

Question, is this the SAME blue ray player that will be on sale at walmart on BF for the same price?

if not, is one better than the other?

Is it only online, or also in store for today?

I am wanting to pick up one for a gift, but I dont know anything about them.

( ok, so i looked at the BF ad for walmart. the one on BF is for 69, and it does have/do more?)

Crappy Vizio? They are one of the best rated brands in the US. We picked ours because of the picture and sound, not because of the price or brand. We have been more than thrilled with it. It did have a power surge after the warranty was up, and they have stood by it, sending techs out to fix it at no charge. And, their customer service guys were all 'good 'ol boy' sounding Americans. I could understand every word! We also have a Samsung, which has terrible picture and sound- and so do my parents. We hate them.

The tv's are all crappy Vizio, I want a Samsung or an LG. Sears has a Toshiba right now for 200 off which makes it same as the Samsung on Walmarts Black Friday sale.

What?!? We have 2 Vizio's, a 37" and a 42". We have had the 37" for almost 4 1/2 years and it still works like brand new. I know that we would definitly buy them again in a heartbeat.

Question, is this the SAME blue ray player that will be on sale at walmart on BF for the same price?

if not, is one better than the other?

Is it only online, or also in store for today?

I am wanting to pick up one for a gift, but I dont know anything about them.

( ok, so i looked at the BF ad for walmart. the one on BF is for 69, and it does have/do more?)

The one on BF is a better one. It has built in wifi (correct me if I am wrong) which is what I want/need.

Thanks, I was just at walmart today. I guess I got so into talking to the manager about the BF sale stuff I forgot to even go look at what I went for.

My Walmart had at least 50 of the $65 blue ray players that are on sale now. I talked to a manager and it is the same one that is online ( same number and details) so maybe check out your local Walmart. hth

most sites tell you that it isnt give wrapped and comes in the regular box. I dont know if Walmart has this warning on their site but ... next time do site to store and you can get it and hide it. Maybe have it sent to neighbors house. Sorry your surprise was spoiled.

WARNING!! If you ordered the $65 Blu Ray player and chose home delivery, IT COMES IN ITS OWN BOX! Surprise ruined; thanks Wal-Mart :mad:

most sites tell you that it isnt give wrapped and comes in the regular box. I dont know if Walmart has this warning on their site but ... next time do site to store and you can get it and hide it. Maybe have it sent to neighbors house. Sorry your surprise was spoiled.

If it said it, it certainly wasn't somewhere that I saw. I normally do site to store, but this had free delivery so I thought what the heck? Definitely didn't expect this, but next time I order something for either of my parents I'll be sure to pick it up at the store. I'm also writing WM a strongly-worded email.

Also, as my mom pointed out, being in its own box and nothing else increases the risk of the item being damaged. Sure, it's packed securely, but it would normally only be getting moved around along with a few hundred of the same thing, stacked neatly. Once it's on a FedEx (ugh) truck somewhere with boxes of all different shapes and sizes, it should really have an extra layer of something! Maybe I'm just bitter *sigh*