How early should I get there for the Washer/Dryer?

princessbsl45

Plus the sales person probably works on commission so he was trying to scare me away from Black Friday so I would buy a set right away.

I am getting tired of Sears and their commission salesmen and especially their over priced extended warranties. They could lower their prices if they didn't have to pay commission. I found a great washer/dryer set at Home Depot... no commission and very low extended warranty prices. Plus 18 month no interest and Free delivery and set up!

I am getting tired of Sears and their commission salesmen and especially their over priced extended warranties. They could lower their prices if they didn't have to pay commission. I found a great washer/dryer set at Home Depot... no commission and very low extended warranty prices. Plus 18 month no interest and Free delivery and set up!

Front loaders for $600? ;)

It does seem a little crazy. But this is my first time in Des Moines so I have nothing to base it on. Plus the sales person probably works on commission so he was trying to scare me away from Black Friday so I would buy a set right away.

when he said that he heard that people line up at 9 pm was he referring specifically Sears or people line up at other stores at 9 pm?

free shipping with code SANTA but i dont know if you can do washer dryer sets on black friday to have shipped home

I don't think so because it's in store only and limited to the supply they have in store that morning. I believe they are carry-outs. Last year they took orders for them and ran out of stock and had to cancel orders, it was a mess.

You might see if you can buy one Wednesday (or earlier) and use Sears' "price protection" to get the difference to the BF price credited back. I got a BluRay player at Sears two years ago using their price adjustment policy. I went in the store Wednesday afternoon just to scope it out and found that they only had one of the items in that store. On a whim, I asked the manager if I could buy it and get the credit on BF. Took the unit Wednesday, and returned with the reciept during doorbuster hours on BF (after other stops) and got the difference credited back to my credit card.

Suggest that you be sure to speak to a local manager and get his/her name, and go back to the same person if needed for the credit.

The following is from the Sears web site today and clearly indicates that they should honor it on Black Friday!

"Price Protection Policy

Buy with confidence from Sears. If an item you have purchased from Sears goes on sale for a lower price within 14 days of your purchase, Sears will refund the difference.

To claim a Price Protection Policy adjustment, go to your original Sears store where the purchase was made with your receipt. If your purchase was made on Sears.com, please fill out a Price Protection form . You will be given a refund for the difference of the original selling price and the current advertised/reduced price. Apparel clearance merchandise and conditional “Online Only Special Offers” do not qualify for Price Protection Policy adjustments.

Unless otherwise stated, promotions with a specific time window such as early open specials, one -day sales or “Online Only” events will be honored under the Price Protection policy only if the receipt is presented during the promotional time window."

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/nb_10153_12608_NB_CSpricematch?adCell=W4

The Sears store is in a mall anchored by Target and JC Penney. The appliance sales man at Sears that I spoke to does not work BF. He was just going on what he 'heard'. And yes he meant 9pm at Sears. I am going back on Sunday to check out the sets. When I was at the store on Wed they didn't have any in stock that are featured in the add.

All the super deals at my store (I do sell appliances) are already blocked from ringing up so that 1) they that there are units available at the store for that day 2) people can't do the price adjust thing. We have the units in the back with hold tags on them for that day.

All the super deals at my store (I do sell appliances) are already blocked from ringing up so that 1) they that there are units available at the store for that day 2) people can't do the price adjust thing. We have the units in the back with hold tags on them for that day.

I was at my local Sears yesterday and found a helpful person.

The rep said that they legally would have to do price match because of their posted policy however Sears corporation made it an impossible situation this year.

For most of the hot buy/doorbuster items, they took them off the floor, and listed them as discontinued 15 days before BF so it would be impossible to buy something big and price match it.

They confirmed that they have 4 washers and 6 dryers (4 gas and 2 electric). On BF, they are NOT putting those out on the floor. They will use the ticket system only to sell the items and leave them in the back.

She also mentioned that there are some "unadvertised" hot buys. (Not sure if they are truly unadvertised hence the quotations.)

She pointed out a Samsung FL STEAM washer and dryer that was going to be $1050 a pair rather than $1050 per piece. That was on the floor and available for purchase yesterday.

I was planning on getting the $600 washer/dryer but now I'm having second thoughts. My store only has 2 so I need be pretty much the first one in line. It's supposed to be raining. I don't really "need" them. And it would take all my BF money. Uggg...what to do?

I was planning on getting the $600 washer/dryer but now I'm having second thoughts. My store only has 2 so I need be pretty much the first one in line. It's supposed to be raining. I don't really "need" them. And it would take all my BF money. Uggg...what to do?

Well -

You said you don't need them

&

It will take all your Black Friday money

So, I say, pass on the washer/dryer. :)

Hth

(feel free to blame me, unless of course your units break down in the coming days! :smirk: )