What time should I be there?Help!

jennsahm

I have been shopping Black Friday for years, but I have never gone to Target for doorbusters. Any advice on how they run things that morning would be a great help. I am hoping to get the PSP bundle for my son and have no idea how early I should get there, if they let you hang out in the store etc. I need to make a plan. Thanks!

I don't know about all Targets, but here's how mine works. Everyone lines up outside, going down along the sidewalk through the plaza. I don't have to get there until about 2 hours before they open, and I'll be about 50th in line. (I got for toys, not electronics. If I wanted PSP I would get there earlier.) The employees come up and down the line passing out maps of where the big ticket items are located, as well as the DVD kiosks and such. When the doors open they let the line move forward but there are security guards to prevent a stampede. They bring out all the extra shopping carts they have and have them lined up inside, and you grab and run. Lol!! I will warn you though, at mine the electronics dept gets insane, so you'll want to make sure you don't lag back; grab that cart and GO! Or forget the cart! You can always go get one later. They have all check-outs open, and employees directing you to short lines. Very organized. Good luck! :)

Do they put the Tvs on a pallet and make you grab one? I want the 40" Westinghouse for my daughter's bedroom. My husband will stay home with the kids. I have a shattered S1 lumbar disc and cannot "carry" the box nor grab one from a pile. They don't do tickets for the big items?

They have plenty of help there and last year was the first year I made Target my first stop....I am sure there will be someone to place it in the cart for you and when you check out they will get someone to load it in the car for you. I didn't buy anything that big last year, but at all the hot items, large and small they had employees who helped and put things in the carts...I bought several of the 600 thread count sheets last year and the lady stationed there was getting them off the shelf for me and putting in my cart...I was very impressed with the employees at Target last year. Good luck hope you get your tv.

Do they put the Tvs on a pallet and make you grab one? I want the 40" Westinghouse for my daughter's bedroom. My husband will stay home with the kids. I have a shattered S1 lumbar disc and cannot "carry" the box nor grab one from a pile. They don't do tickets for the big items?

Last year I got the Westinghouse 32" and they had them on a pallet with a few Target employees around them and they also had a few carts with TVs in them and you just grabbed a cart with a TV and went on shopping. It was very nice and if you wanted two TVs an employee would load another TV in your cart for you.

I have been shopping Black Friday for years, but I have never gone to Target for doorbusters. Any advice on how they run things that morning would be a great help. I am hoping to get the PSP bundle for my son and have no idea how early I should get there, if they let you hang out in the store etc. I need to make a plan. Thanks!

It really does depend on your size of town and your size of Target. About two years ago we began going to Target first and decided to try the smaller, nonSuper Target in a smaller town (around 15,000 people) than the Super Target in a larger town (around 36,500 people) twenty minutes away. At the larger Target, lines would start around midnight or so whereas the smaller Target we arrived a little after 2am and were first in line. But also that was when Target opened at 6am (two years ago). Last year Target opened at 5am and we got there, roughly, the same time and were the second group (there was a group of 4 before us). This year's opening time is yet again an hour earlier at 4am so we will try to get there around 1:30am and expect to be one of the firsts.

I do not know of any Targets that let you into the store before they open. The Target in the larger town was attached to a mall and you could go into the mall and wait at the inside entrance. Also prior to opening, employees do come out to greet everyone and give out a map and answer questions. So I would ask them to verify where the PSP bundle is and how many they have in stock. Make sure to make nice with the employees who filter in while you wait because, at least at our Target, they really do make an effort to help out shoppers and try to make it a good BF expierence.

They just opened a huge Target (2 levels although not considered a super Target) about 7 miles from my house which I hate because they are snobby and always give me a hard time with coupons. There is also one about 7 miles northeast. I'm hoping that will keep everyone away from the one that is only 3 miles from my house and very small!

It really depends on your Target store. Mine handed out tickets about an hour before the store opened. I was actually in line at 2am, I was probably 30-40th in line. If you had a ticket you got the 32" tv or 40" or whatever your ticket was for. Those were not placed out on the sales floor. You took your ticket to the customer service counter when you paid for your purchase and got your item. So I had my ticket for my tv before the store was open. That way I could dash through the store to get my other items. Then stood in the customer service line and paid for everything at once.

I would recommend calling your Target once they closer to BF to see how they are handling it.