Questioning "regular prices" vs BF prices

clm101798

So I am looking at the 32" LG tv that will be on sale on BF. The add says it will be $379.99 "save $70" and that the regular price was $449.99.

I go online to see more info on the TV - same model number and SKU number. It says that the regular price is $599.99. But is it on sale right now for $399.99 - $20 more than BF.

Out of curiosity I check some other tv's - all with the same model number and SKU number.

The Dynex tv on sale BF for $189.99 "save $90" had in the add a regular price of $279.99 - online the regular price is $249.99. Not that $60 isn't a good savings, but it is not $90

The Toshiba 55" that is on sale for $969.99 on BF had the correct regular price, but it is currently on sale right now for only $30 more ($999.99)

Very true riven3d, further many retailers treat their websites as separate entities altogether - they are free to do their own merchandising, price setting, and promotions separate from the stores. Since they do operate under the same corporate umbrella, though, they must adhere to MAP agreements, etc.

If you are interested, here is a good article on MAP: More on MAP

remember prices do vary by the market, so what is one price for you might be the correct price for somebody else

Many "online stores" even though they are the same name as the store, are NOT the same as the brick and mortar store, and in fact some are in competition. 1 example of this the old KB Toys, if you ever went to their site it was E-Toys. I found a few others like that as well.

The other possibility is Best Buy in many cases gets a seperate SKU or model for many of their BF doorbusters. You will never find the SKU in any store, including Best Buy except for that one time. The bad part is it makes researching specs on the item next to impossible and for some reason no one puts the processor speeds any more like they used to do. Now they put only the Make, model, HD size, and RAM size. Years ago they used to include processor speed to let people really determine what they are getting and compare the different deals. The fact that no one gives that information and they all used to makes it appear to be a conspiracy for some unknown reason.