Has anyone had experience with Target's replacement and/or service agreements?

Danascraps

Purchased 2 yr plan for DS8 for his Wii. Have used it twice. Very easy steps(can use online) And they sent us a gift card to get a replacement Wii. The second time he got the Black one!! Just remember to KEEP the origianl receipt that goes with the replacement plan so there is NO confusion.

My husband and I both purchased our Ipods with replacement plans from Target. I had to use mine once and my husband had to use his twice. I found it a wonderfully easy experience. The Target associates were friendly and eager to make it right for us. It was a much better experience than I have had with other retailers and their warranties.

With my Olevia (now out of business) TV, I purchased the warranty (not quite sure how long it was) from Target, and never had to use it. I likely won't buy my new HDTV from there, but if I had to choose between going with Target's extended warranty/replacement plans and, say, Best Buy's, I'd have to choose Target. SquareTrade, especially for new, over-37" HDTVs (in-house local TV repair services vs. having to ship them off like their plans for smaller TVs) is quite good, from what I've heard.

Shripe...If I'm not mistaken and I may be. Target's and Best Buy have the same extended warranty company, National Electronic Warranty (N.E.W.). Its having a repair company that will handle the extended warranty. The nice thing about NEW warranty is that if it can't be repaired or they (NEW) can't find the parts to repair it they buy the contract out and send you your money. This is the same extended warranty that Walmart and Sam's Club uses also.

As far as I know, Best Buy will try to sell me their Geek Squad 2 year protection plan (I even see it in the online shopping cart if I were to buy the TV that way). SquareTrade will also give you your money back if it cannot be repaired, but with the added benefit of (with 37"+ TVs) having a local repair tech come to your house to see if the TV can be fixed, vs. having to take it to Geek Squad to have it fixed. I'm not sure if the Geek Squad protection plan includes in-home service, but I highly doubt it. Having heard horror stories about Best Buy protection plans, I'd skip them.

Edit: At-home service through Best Buy's Geek Squad Black Tie Protection Plan is only available if they delivered and installed it. Also, they're rated much more poorly than SquareTrade by the BBB.

Edited by Shripe