Kmart false advertising

bonjulie

Stopped in at the Reynolds Road location. Found Halloween stuff in the far back corner. Loads of chocolate in the boxes they came in marked Trick or Treat, Happy Halloween, etc. Signs all over saying candy 50% off. Get up front with a few bags and they ring up full price. No prob. Go to service desk. They say they are regular merchandise and aren't 50% off. WTH?? Went back and forth and finally had them refund my $$. Did get some kisses and miniature reeses for 1/2 price. I told them they need to move it back to regular aisles or take 1/2 off. Took what I did buy out to my car. Went back in and took pics with my phone of the shelves and signage. Will be contacting corporate shortly.

our kmart runs that scam all the time. i refuse to even walk in there anymore!!

I stopped shopping there years ago and haven't missed it one bit! How they manage to even stay in business (or why anyone still shops there) is quite puzzling!

Stopped in at the Reynolds Road location. Found Halloween stuff in the far back corner. Loads of chocolate in the boxes they came in marked Trick or Treat, Happy Halloween, etc. Signs all over saying candy 50% off. Get up front with a few bags and they ring up full price. No prob. Go to service desk. They say they are regular merchandise and aren't 50% off. WTH?? Went back and forth and finally had them refund my $$. Did get some kisses and miniature reeses for 1/2 price. I told them they need to move it back to regular aisles or take 1/2 off. Took what I did buy out to my car. Went back in and took pics with my phone of the shelves and signage. Will be contacting corporate shortly.

Contacting corporate is good, but contact your local Bureau of Weights & Measures. Usually the same government agency that checks scanner prices and makes sure gas pumps are accurate also handle this. It is usually at a county level and they will send investigators right out and the store gets fined. it has a much bigger impact than just calling corporate. Often the problem is at a corporate level.