When are the decorations going up?

arf110106

We normally decorate the weekend of Thanksgiving. But for some reason my DH and I are overly excited about Christmas this year and have decided to put the tree up November 13th!!! Can't wait! We have been watching Christmas movies for the past 2 months now! I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter that just LOVES "The Grinch" with Jim Carey! I thought he would have freaked her out but she loves him! "Elf" is also a huge hit with her too. :D

We usually put our tree and all indoor decorations up the weekend before or after Thanksgiving. Depends on how late Thanksgiving falls in the month. I am thinking this year it will be the weekend after. We usually do the outside lights anytime after 11/1 when there is one of those nice warm fall days. Though this year we moved and are in a townhouse and cannot put up outside lights due to the HOA, my husband is not sad one bit. I kind of am.

Our tree and decorations usually come down the weekend after New Years. Though w/ it being on the weekend this year, it will probably stay up until around the 8th.

In the past I have always done the tree on Thanksgiving and let the kids decorate it while we were out shopping on Black Friday. Last year I wanted to get a new tree on BF... which I did... but at the same time we became so overly busy at work that we started working OT and Saturdays and I was so tired we never got the first decoration put on the tree and no nutcrackers... bare tree and stockings.. that was it... so I have felt cheated ever since....

In case we get swamped again this year... I am not taking chances... so this past weekend I cleaned and cleaned the house good and gonna put everything up this coming weekend so that I have 2 whole months to enjoy them ... I know what the family will say.. .and you know what I don't even care :P

The tree and decorations don't go up until the Sunday after Thanksgiving,but I start (mostly secretly) listening to Christmas music the day after Halloween ;)

I also secretly listen to Christmas music early. My husband thinks I am nuts. Got excited today when I discovered the holiday music channel on cable is already playing Christmas music. My husband just shook his head and said, "oh no, I have to listen to this for 2 months". I said, yep. As for decorating, we decorate the inside of the house and put up the tree sometime over Thanksgiving weekend. My husband was thinking about putting lights up outside this week while the weather is still nice (cold, but sunny. Supposed to snow this weekend) This is our first Christmas in our new house and the first time he can decorate the yard.

For me it indoor is usually the weekend before or weekend of black Friday. I have a scrooge here...well most of the time...about them being up early but he comes from a long line of procrastinators. 'Nuff said. :(

TODAY would have been an IDEAL day to do outdoor decorations--but I had other plans, so I have to hope for another really sunny & warm day before Turkey day, to get it done.

Usually Thanksgiving weekend - but not sure what we are going to do this year... Teen son and DH don't want any decorations :( but older daughters that are on their own disagree... Can't do it on my own anymore - so depending on who is willing to help out determines if we decorate or not... SO sad as my whole house and then some are Always decked to the hilt! I will miss it if we don't have it - but I won't miss having to take it all down myself - as NO-ONE EVER seems to want to help with that part!

I am considering putting them up VERY VERY soon. Last year we were gone from about December 19th- January 3rd so we didnt get to enjoy our decorations too much. And this year we will be out of town a few weekends in December for weddings, so I'm thinking we should get them up so we can actually enjoy them. This is only our 2nd Christmas married.

Kicking myself in the head...I SHOULD'VE put the outside decorations up yesterday...it is SO cold and damp--rained most of the time, the day went from dark grey, to medium grey, to dark grey again--since 2 o'clock...it couldn't be anymore depressing here. I was cold all day, I feel like I am 100 yr old. If DH wasn't a Scrooge I would have gotten the inside decorations down from the attic and started them. GOOD GRIEF

In the past I have put up decorations on Nov. 1st. However, this year, I am running behind and have most of the inside stuff up now. This weekend, all outside decorations go up and the rest of the inside stuff. I want them up as long as possible so that I can enjoy them.

I really have the best intentions of decorating early, but lately I never seem to do that. It is always a struggle for me to decorate since I find it harder and harder every year to get into the fun of it all.

But I normally put up my real tree either the 1st or 2nd weekend in December and leave it up until the feast of the Epiphany - January 6th.

Mine decorating time is always the first weekend in December. But yesterday for some reason I half considered putting some stuff up.

I kinda felt the same way,but my husband would kill me if I did lol!

I feel on top of things this year and have started getting my Christmas lovies down out of the attic already,but I like to give each holiday its due so will refrain until after Thanksgiving.

I love the gray skies,the bare branches of the trees,the smell of woodsmoke from fireplaces in the air,seeing your breath in the air....all of it!

It's hard to contain my joy and excitement right about now!

You worded that so well HansieDZ, "I love the gray skies,the bare branches of the trees,the smell of woodsmoke from fireplaces in the air,seeing your breath in the air....all of it! It's hard to contain my joy and excitement right about now!" and my husband would kill me too if the tree/inside decorations went up now...I did it once or twice like five days before thanksgiving and he gave me alot of grief about it. That's why I come on here to be with "like-minded" happy christmas-obsessed folk :yup: