Lego site beware - bricktrainshop.com

Recently I bought from www.BrickTrainShop.com for Legos.

I paid 258.00+ for an order of LEGOS only to have only the instructions mailed. When you try to call they give you a recording and on the conformation page it says PLEASE REMEMBER WE HAVE ENTERED INTO OUR HOLIDAY SHOPPING SEASON AND ARE UNABLE TO TAKE PERSONAL PHONE CALLS AT THIS TIME, PLEASE EMAIL US WITH ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS YOU MAY HAVE, ALL EMAILS ARE ANSWERED WITHIN 24 HOURS.

Only the INSTRUCTIONS showed up!!!! 250 for Instructions!!!! My kids birthday party was last night. You can imagine my disapointment.:banghead:

This is how the items are worded:

Lego City Emergency Set 7892 "Hospital" from 2006 ...

~At BrickTrainShop Something Lego is Always On Sale!!~

Lego City Emergency Set #7892 "Hospital" from 2006

Inspected and Sealed Like New Original Instruction Manuals

Will ship in condition received from Lego

As with all stored products their may be minor shelf wear/folds/creases...

VHTF

Descriptions, Videos and Reviews of the Original Set Not Available in the United States!

The City Hospital is ready to help!

When someone is sick in LEGO City, the staff of the City Hospital jumps into action! With three floors of medical rooms and equipment, a rescue helicopter and EMT truck, there's no emergency they can't handle! Includes doctor, patient and 2 rescue worker minifigures with lots of accessories! Includes rescue helicopter and EMT truck! Hospital has three floors of exam rooms!

PLEASE Pass this along to any forum you may be on... And the profanity in question was the word "ass". :rolleyes:

Company's Initial Response - Posted 10/18/2010

We received your previous foul languaged emails as well. As stated in our response which you obviously did not read, WE ARE NOT TAKING PHONE CALLS DURING HOLIDAY SEASON. This is our Holiday Season, we are very busy, phone calls waste the valuable time of our employee's. All questions and concerns can be handled just fine via email and they are. You emailed yesterday with a nasty email and we responded within an hour. We gave you all the needed information to facilitate a return so that a refund could be processed and you responded with more nastiness. This is a prime example of why phone calls would be non productive, in addition phone calls do not offer a written account of everything said. The item ordered was Listed in the Lego Instructions Catgeory of the store. The listing clearly states Instruction Manuals (top of the page, center page, and upon checkout) there is also a picture of the Instruction Manuals, the reviews are of the set that the manuals go to. It would be hard to reveiw an instruction manual. Shipping is picked by the customer based on their needs. We sold over 60,000 manuals last year and recieve emails daily asking us if we have a particular manual for a set that their child has lost or destroyed or from a collector who needs them. We can not distinguish between those who need the manauls and those who do not, or even those who are shopping at the last minute for a childs birthday party. If by chance you think you are going to bully us then you are wrong. If you think we are going to call you so that you can spew even more obscenities upon one of our employees then you are wrong. It is very simple, return the order for a refund as explained to you yesterday.

Initial Response Summary

If you think we are going to call you so that you can spew even more obscenities upon one of our employees then you are wrong. It is very simple, return the order for a refun

Wow! I think if I even mentioned a customer wasting my time I'd get it in the ear from management and be told(not so nicely) to get a new job.While I understand their choice of email vs calls that was a very harsh way of putting it and more offensive than explanatory.

Here is the final comments from myself and this company for the BBB. I am just in awe. I hope this helps out someone in the future. I also mailed the stack back to them last week Wednesday with pictures and tracking:

Consumer's Rebuttal

Consumer's Rebuttal - Posted 10/20/2010

You're kidding right? You just confirmed that you have no customer service, your web site is a fake and you have more time to write 10,000 words on how I said profanities vs. actually running a legitimate business. Everyone needs to remember to pay with a credit card and to use the reversal option when dealing with this scammer. I was charged 38.00 for shipping and it cost me 4.25 to send it back ( Verified). Fraud is fraud and I'll be sure to post on EVERY forum I can find about your business or lack there of. Remember what goes around comes around :)

Company's Final Response

Company's Final Response - Posted 10/20/2010

We have turned the account over to collections along with the customers information. We have strong reason to believe that the customer's intention all along was to defraud our company.

Thanks! BUT it keeps getting better!!! Here is yet another attempt ... Followed by my email....

Your return order has arrived back to us however it was completely ruined by USPS and the packaging it was sent in. It looks as if the package was ripped opened then taped back together also taping the contents inside, then shipped and crushed back open causing the contents to come out at which time they were all placed in a bag from the post office explaining the damage. The original package sent to you was insured but you did not send any of that information back as requested and it does not appear that this return has insurance placed on it. We are hoping that you did place insurance on the package and it was removed during the damages. This is a $200.00 order that is now worthless.

Please remember our Staff is very busy this time of year. With our Holiday Season having already begun we ask that you please contact us via email rather than by phone. All emails are answered in 1-6 hours, if you do not receive a response please check your spam filters.

Mike W.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dude you are a trip! I hope you have pictures of all the accusations you are making! ( The post office keeps records also ) ; ) Not to mention all the pictures " I " have of the package I sent!

This has been so entertaining I wonder what Judge Judy would say! $200??? Really? I could have sworn I paid more.....

Get lost loser

And Finally ( Screwing the post office now also!!!!! ):

I dont understand. I am writing to you to try and explain what is going on and you are continuing this line of childish behavior. Of course we have the original packing, the letter from USPS, the damage bag it was packed in by USPS. What we do not have are the insurance slips, we have the insurance slip from when we sent it to you, if you placed insurance on it we would need that slip. If you did not we may be able to place a claim using the first insurance slips. I can not control USPS, the total order was 221.26 not counting shipping. $125.00 had been refunded in good faith. I am sure Judge Judy with the large mouth that she has would ask you why you would ship out an item that you had paid so much for uninsured? You had declined tracking and insurance when you placed the order but we went ahead and paid for both ourselves. I can see now that was a wise decision.

Please remember our Staff is very busy this time of year. With our Holiday Season having already begun we ask that you please contact us via email rather than by phone. All emails are answered in 1-6 hours, if you do not receive a response please check your spam filters.

Mike W.

PS from OP ( I did pay for insurance but they already know that )

If they were concerned about their products, why didn't they send you a prepaid label for you to put on the package (they could of insured it0). Though this seems like a scam on their part. I don't think the post office would pay a claim for $200 in instruction manuals, I don't think they are all that valuable unless they can prove value over a reasonable amount. I read their site decription and it is very loose about what you are actually getting, they didn't need to put in a decription of the lego set itself to sell the product, they could of just put a pic of the manual if that is what they are selling.

You know they never should of said that dealing with their customers is a waist of time. And they did refund part up front before getting it back it looks like. But telling them to "Get Lost Loser" is that necessary? You never posted your initial email? I can see why they are being difficult with you if you were difficult with them from the start. I understand being upset about your order. But I do think you cross the line when you call customer service reps names.

Wow! That is insane! I feel your pain! I was scammed on eBay. I ordered a video game and got a cd case and because he had a 'tracking number' they (eBay) wouldn't let me dispute the order! It was crazy! I hate you had to go through this! All it did to me was tick me off beyond belief and make it where I only order from the big stores. Sad cause there are legit businesses out there but it's people like this that ruin in for them.

Wow! That is insane! I feel your pain! I was scammed on eBay. I ordered a video game and got a cd case and because he had a 'tracking number' they (eBay) wouldn't let me dispute the order! It was crazy! I hate you had to go through this! All it did to me was tick me off beyond belief and make it where I only order from the big stores. Sad cause there are legit businesses out there but it's people like this that ruin in for them.

I don't understand why Ebay would side with seller if all they had was tracking, if you claim significantly not as described and of course you described it as only a cd case, they will usually side with you as soon as you return the item back to the seller. Believe me, I have seen way too many cases side on the buyers end in this matter. I actually had a few against me as significantly as described but since it was a compatiblity issue not an issue with me sending the proper item, I didn't get the funds taking away from me. Tracking isn't the only responsibility a seller has to the buyer, they have made a very big effort to enforce sellers to exactly described their items with lots of pictures. I have even heard of them giving the buyer the money back even though the seller stated something was not included and the buyer complained that the item was in the box. I don't sell much on eBay because of their push for sellers to be like stores and have a open return policy.

...unless you were over the 45 day complaint window

I don't understand why Ebay would side with seller if all they had was tracking, if you claim significantly not as described and of course you described it as only a cd case, they will usually side with you as soon as you return the item back to the seller. Believe me, I have seen way too many cases side on the buyers end in this matter. I actually had a few against me as significantly as described but since it was a compatiblity issue not an issue with me sending the proper item, I didn't get the funds taking away from me. Tracking isn't the only responsibility a seller has to the buyer, they have made a very big effort to enforce sellers to exactly described their items with lots of pictures. I have even heard of them giving the buyer the money back even though the seller stated something was not included and the buyer complained that the item was in the box. I don't sell much on eBay because of their push for sellers to be like stores and have a open return policy.

...unless you were over the 45 day complaint window

Maybe the rules have changed because this was back in 2005. I even sent pictures to e-bay and they said there was nothing they could do since he had the tracking number. The guy sent me a message that I was a liar and he had sent the game and that I either leave good feedback or no feedback because at the time if you left a negative feedback, they would respond to it and then you couldn't put anything else. So, he said if I put a negative feedback he would respond that I was a liar. So, that destroyed my relationship with ebay. I even checked him out and he had positive feedback so I don't know if he was messing with me because I only had 20 feedbacks or what. It was a weird experience. I did get my money back though because it was through a credit card but I just think it is crazy that a) didn't get my game and got a blank cd case and that 2) there are people out there like that!

I agree with you, now it seems like a buyer can complain about anything and get their money back but that wasn't my experience back in 2005.

Maybe the rules have changed because this was back in 2005. I even sent pictures to e-bay and they said there was nothing they could do since he had the tracking number. The guy sent me a message that I was a liar and he had sent the game and that I either leave good feedback or no feedback because at the time if you left a negative feedback, they would respond to it and then you couldn't put anything else. So, he said if I put a negative feedback he would respond that I was a liar. So, that destroyed my relationship with ebay. I even checked him out and he had positive feedback so I don't know if he was messing with me because I only had 20 feedbacks or what. It was a weird experience. I did get my money back though because it was through a credit card but I just think it is crazy that a) didn't get my game and got a blank cd case and that 2) there are people out there like that!

I agree with you, now it seems like a buyer can complain about anything and get their money back but that wasn't my experience back in 2005.

Yes, this was so back then, not now. I collect dolls and on my doll boards, there are more incidents of the buyer saying something didn't arrive (like shoes or jewelry) and getting their money back. Its to the point people are actually taking pics of the contents of the box before sending out. I have been lucky and the few incidents that someone was not satisfied, one went my way and the other the man never did lodge a formal complaint (he was displeased that the brand new GPS that was sent didn't have the maps he wanted), nothing wrong with the unit, just not happy with the out of date mapping (this really isn't anyone's fault, no up to date maps available?).

My initial email said that I had tried to call them 2 times with no answer and that I was retuning their package with my order number.

The final line said - Holiday season my ass.

That was as bad as it got. So I didn't call anyone any name. As far as being difficult, Sending instructions for 258.+ started it.

Stowasser I agree with the mailing label! Thanks for thinking of it!

Cblaramore - I had a game sent to me once with a case and a totally different game. When I asked the company told me they had the right to choose what game came in the package... I had a dvd package once that was also empty. Luckily I bought that from Target and they happily replaced it :)

My son who is 25 has collected legos since he was about 4 and my 13 year old is the same way. I went on the site and it is a collectors site of hard to find manuals and pieces. THat's what it says on the front page. I can see how it's confusing though, I get mad like that with customer service too, but I usually get good results. At least with credit cards, you can refute the charge and get your money back.

I feel bad for all that you have gone thru, I feel your frustration. I am sure you were searching for a good deal and a fun present ...and maybe you did miss something however-- It may be a site for manuals...and maybe some people have hundreds to spend on a book, but the majority of the world doesn't and they should make it 150% clear on every description it is Manuals, not LEGO BLOCKS... I am sure you are not the first to make this mistake (and they know that). They are taking advantage of the possibility that people will order thinking they'll get sets.. And even if you may have said the smallest rude thing they should not --they should act polite. They don't seem to value you, or any customer, if they think "they are wasting their time" talking to them. It is a shame your child didn't have the present you wanted to give. Buyer Beware, I say that to myself over and over after I read things like this, hoping I will remember before I click..