Post your Black Friday '05 Wish List

i-bystander

Don't really have a wish list right now... I just heard news of a Treo 700 today on engadget.com and my cell phone plan is up in december so I may make the switch from my blackberry to the Treo.

Since Ross started it with this thread, I thought I'd simply follow suit. (He's not the only one who can't wait for BF, you know!)

You both are too impatient, lol. These threads will be moved to the BF forum when the site launches.

BTW, sort of off-topic, but what does everyone (who cares) think we should do with the existing posts in the BF forum? Should they all remain open so people can bump them this year or should they all be locked so we start off with new threads this year. Any thoughts?

You both are too impatient, lol. These threads will be moved to the BF forum when the site launches.

LOL, that way the forum won't be so bare when we do open it up! :g_laughin

BTW, sort of off-topic, but what does everyone (who cares) thinks we should do with the existing posts in the BF forum? Should they all remain open so people can bump them this year or should they all be locked so we start off with new threads this year. Any thoughts?

I'd say lock them - no sense talking about last year's deals when more can be found this year. Besides, they can always create new threads instead...

I agree that they should be locked. I don't know if we should move them to another subforum or just keep them in where they are. If we keep them as one forum, once the forum's been open for a few days, all the posts from last year will no longer be on the first page anyway. There are still a lot of useful threads from last year not dealing with specific items (such as tips, etc...) so we don't want to make them too hard to find.

so to get back on topic:

1. LCD. if i can get a great price, i'll replace the one i have now. fry's has the one i want for 199 after rebate, but my dad got the exact same one without the rebate hassles. i'm waiting.

2. any good clothing deals. that's all i need for now. maybe an ipod but those won't be on discount.

My list...a cd player for the van, the Pixter Color (although if circuit city gets any back in stock, I'll buy that before BF as they are only $40 there and $80 everywhere else right now)...and pretty much everything else I want to get will be decided by the ads.

As for the 2004 forum, I say lock the posts and keep it as a subforum of the BF 2005 forum...then after BF 2005 is over, delete the 2004 one and keep the 2005 one as a subforum of something (however you have the 2004 one set up now), or keep both 2004 and 2005 locked as subforums like you do with the 2004 now...ugh am I even making sense? I think I've lost myself now. ;)

19" LCD w/12ms response or better.

Possibly in Oct or possibly BF - portable laptop for my wife.

Dream:

MP3 Player that's at least 60GB, displays photos, works as portable HDD, built-in FM tuner and transmitter, removeable battery, as thin as the regular iPod, and with an easy to use interface. <$300 should be fair, right?

Dream:

MP3 Player that's at least 60GB, displays photos, works as portable HDD, built-in FM tuner and transmitter, removeable battery, as thin as the regular iPod, and with an easy to use interface.

I'll take one :) Although take out the FM tuner and transmitter and replace it with a built-in XM receiver.

I agree with the others, keep the Black Friday 2004 posts locked. The last thing we need is hundreds of old threads to be bumped.

OK, last year's posts are now in their own subforum of the main BF forum. Once BF 2005 is over, both the 2005 and 2004 forums will become subforums of the Offline Deals board as they are now. We'll decide next year whether we want to keep 2 years of archives, but for now there's no reason to delete them as there are less than 500 threads in the forum.

What I want:

-Huge hard drive (400GB+ ideally, HDTV capture can make any hard drive appear small ;))

-Maybe a good inexpensive (~$500?) HDTV for my mom's house

-DVD's, boxed sets (Simpsons, 24 season 4 if it's out yet, maybe others)

-Axim X51v ;)

-Maybe a laptop but probably not since I won't have that much money (unless everybody throws tons of money at me when I turn 21 the week before Black Friday :P)

That's all I can think of now...I'm sure there will be more though ;)