For the stores with ticket systems last year...

nikol0304

Last year was really my first year for doorbusters. And our main store was WM. The only possible way I was able to get more than 1 (with the way their ticket system was), was because I had my brother and sister with me.

I don't know if I'll do WM again this year. It was way too chaotic with their new BF strategy, which wasn't implemented very well. It was near impossible to get more than 1 doorbuster if you were just 1 person. Although their prices couldn't be beat. And ya gotta love the $3 PJs.

So for those of you who went to stores with a ticket system, how did it work if you wanted more than 1?

Last year WM was great. There were three of us though, so that made it much easier. It was a 24 hour WM, so they let us line up in front of the merchandise when we got there the night before, let us use their chairs to sit in and overall was the best experience we've ever had at WM. BB, one of the first to implement tickets continues to stink IMO. They just can't seem to control the crowds and leave it up to the crowd to enforce order themselves until the cops finally show up around 1 hour before opening. Luckily, they offer lots of stuff online now. I don't think I'll ever go to BB for BF again.

The best and really only way to get more then one door buster at WM is to bring friends.

At BB they pass out the tickets in line so if you wanted 3 different doorbusters you can get 3 tickets and you are promised the item until 11am local time.

Just wondering: if you wanted to buy more than one of the same ticketed doorbuster at BB (say one for yourself and one to give or for another shopper at another store), would they let you have more than one ticket for the same item, or would you have to have extra people with you to get the additional tickets?

(Note: As I have stated in other threads, I am in favor of having them require people to write their names on tickets when the get them to prevent ticket scalping.)

No. If you want 2 of the same item you need to bring a friend. BB has very strict policies and local store managers are told to do what it takes to enforce this. I have heard managers checking ids and such since some mangers enforce a 1 per a household rule.

Just wondering: if you wanted to buy more than one of the same ticketed doorbuster at BB (say one for yourself and one to give or for another shopper at another store), would they let you have more than one ticket for the same item, or would you have to have extra people with you to get the additional tickets?

(Note: As I have stated in other threads, I am in favor of having them require people to write their names on tickets when the get them to prevent ticket scalping.)

No. If you want 2 of the same item you need to bring a friend. BB has very strict policies and local store managers are told to do what it takes to enforce this. I have heard managers checking ids and such since some mangers enforce a 1 per a household rule.

And please note, that it is not Best Buy corporate policy to do so!!! I have sent a request to corporate to have this issue resolved once and for all. I will let you know how it turns out. last year, I fought this battle with the Corporate folks, only to get a $50 gift card, and an apology for my troubles. They stated at that time that it definitely is not policy. keep in mind that the Manager that handled Black Friday was fired.

• 2 weeks later...

One year at my Best Buy, they tried to limit 1 doorbuster in a category per person. Like if there was 2 doorbuster laptop models in the ad (hp and a toshiba) you could not buy one of each. You could only get 1 laptop.

My experience thus far is to talk to the Corporate admins on the best Buy Community website and they will handle your issue on an individual basis. One of the questions they will ask you is if you have talked to the store manager or not. It is now my belief that they prefer to handle this issue on local levels only if managers are challenged on this policy issue. Perhaps it is just too hard to do the right thing and enforce policy on the national level. I believe that this is why bigjimslade feels that local managers are given broad authority to change things on the fly. I am letting people know ahead of time, so they can talk to the manager before the event.

I know you can only get one item per person . Its usually me and DH standing in line so we often get 2 items (ie lap tops same brand) they never check ID. We often got 2 of the same items most of the time it was one for us and one for a family member in another state since they knew we would camp out but the last year and this year we wont be camping out and I really doubt I will even be shopping since I have most of it done,kids want all clothes and I tunes so that is something I cant get on Black Friday that I cant get online.