Target Opening at 4am This Year

neboo

Wow, if they have something I really want I'll have to be there earlier than usual. I hope Wally World still opens at 5 though so I don't have to choose which one to go to first. Hate that! But, competition between the two is always so big I bet its 4am for Wally, too. ugh. lol

yup if Target does this it will be 4am for walmart, yet another reason why they withold thier ad as long as possible, they can see what others are doing and make changes.

The last few years I have had great luck with going to Target late on Wednesday night when they are already starting to put stuff out that's not doorbusters. You can purchase it and then go back in on BF and get a price adjustment. Works like a charm!! I think last year I was even able to score a couple things that were doorbusters this way...

The last few years I have had great luck with going to Target late on Wednesday night when they are already starting to put stuff out that's not doorbusters. You can purchase it and then go back in on BF and get a price adjustment. Works like a charm!! I think last year I was even able to score a couple things that were doorbusters this way...

I've done this before. That way I don't have to stop at Target....I START 1 store ahead of everyone!

I just do not understand what stores think they gain from all opening at the same time? I would want to open at a different time then my competitors so I had a better chance of people being at my store. If everyone (Kohl's, Target, Walmart) all open at 4am the only the one with the best ad is going to benefit...

They want you to wait in line and shop at their store not their competitors. Every store wants you to pick, and they want you to pick them. Door Busters (many BF items) are not big money makers for the stores, they are hoping that while you are in their store shopping that you grab a couple things that are not on sale (moneymakers).

I just do not understand what stores think they gain from all opening at the same time? I would want to open at a different time then my competitors so I had a better chance of people being at my store. If everyone (Kohl's, Target, Walmart) all open at 4am the only the one with the best ad is going to benefit...

They want you to wait in line and shop at their store not their competitors. Every store wants you to pick, and they want you to pick them. Door Busters (many BF items) are not big money makers for the stores, they are hoping that while you are in their store shopping that you grab a couple things that are not on sale (moneymakers).

From each stores's standpoint, the best postion is to open before your competitors, second best is to open at the same time as competitors, and the worst position is to open after competitors, when many people have already spent part of their budget and are starting to ask "do I really need this?" Since they can't control what other stores do, they all push earlier and earlier.

But that would mean *GASP* browsing on BF! This is not allowed! Who has time or trunk space for non-doorbusters?

Me too - I loved getting the items and the difference back! Let's be sure their policies haven't changed. How can we find out?