Official Black Friday VIDEO GAMES Discussion Thread

Brad

Anyone know when Toys R Us will be having the buy 2 get one free sale on video games?

They had it in early October. They may have it again in a week or 2, but from what I remember, its never close to BF. Not getting any video games this year, so haven't been paying great attention but have in previous years and that is how I remember it.

Anyone know when Toys R Us will be having the buy 2 get one free sale on video games?

Target is having it this week on Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii games. I have several video games left to buy this year, so I'm gonna get some of them there.

Edited by Kim3498

For anyone looking for just the Kinect, Kmart is gonna have it with a $25.00 coupon this week. I have a feeling it's gonna be hard to find so I'm gonna grab that deal. You can use the $25.00 coupon on any game you want. I have 2 $15.00 coupons from last week when I bought 2 DS games. They can be combined with any other discounts too.

I received a text today from TRU here is what it said

"Kinect for Xbox 360 in on 11/04! FREE $50 Gift Card w/purchase of select games at 2Day Sale on 11/5 - 6! While Supplies last. See store for details"

I went into TRU this afternoon to get more info. They told me that you need to buy Kinect & 2 Kinect games to get the $50 card. If you buy the system Xbox 360 w/Kinect and 2 games you get a $20 gift card. (Of course that is what I am planning on getting so I only get a $20 gift card)

I guess I will wait until I actually see the ad for the weekend specials. They salespeople actually had to go in and look for the ad. I am hoping that Walmart may have a deal, since this weekend they are having one with the Playstation Move bundle, maybe the next week will be Xbox:D

BB is also having buy 2 Kinect games get a $10 card, buy 3 games get a $30 card.

MS is already testing the XBox 720. Probably to release some late next year or in 2012. I would suspect that there will be a bundling deal for the Kinect since you need to buy Kinect enabled games to use it and there aren't that many of them yet. I'd recommend a wait and see unless you absolutely HAVE to have it. Guy at Walmart said Sunday that they aren't anticipating short supplies (but you never know).

That sucks. Guess I'll have to get it for my bros. birthday instead. I was hoping for a good holiday deal on it though. lol Damn!

Lol. I know what ya mean. They are the few games that DH likes for PS3 that I allow DS12 to play with him. I did notice that the first release date on my original list given to me by GS was in Feburary. Now on the updated list it is January....maybe we will get lucky and they will bump it up again and get it out by Christmas. I won't be holding my breath though....Lol.

Edited by Kim3498

I already got the anniversary DSXL outta the way and PS3 MOVE...my question is on GAMES...who usualy has the best BF deals (online since I have no in town stores!) for newly released games? I need Toy Story 3, EPIC DISNEY (which nobody has mentioned!!!!!!)

It took all I had not to buy that red wiii just because it was red...we already own TWO wii's!

I already got the anniversary DSXL outta the way and PS3 MOVE...my question is on GAMES...who usualy has the best BF deals (online since I have no in town stores!) for newly released games? I need Toy Story 3, EPIC DISNEY (which nobody has mentioned!!!!!!)

It took all I had not to buy that red wiii just because it was red...we already own TWO wii's!

I usually get most of my games at Amazon, That being said I just picked up 3 Xbox Kinect games since they had a buy 3 games get a $20 gift card. If I see them lower they will be going back. The Epic Disney is a pre order and Amazon is giving a $10 credit after it ships if you preorder. I have Epic Disney, Assasins Creed, and Call of Duty Black ops pre ordered and they all have pre order credits. Plus with the no tax and delivery to my house its the easiest for me. I have prime so the pre orders arrive here on day of delivery

I usually get most of my games at Amazon, That being said I just picked up 3 Xbox Kinect games since they had a buy 3 games get a $20 gift card. If I see them lower they will be going back. The Epic Disney is a pre order and Amazon is giving a $10 credit after it ships if you preorder. I have Epic Disney, Assasins Creed, and Call of Duty Black ops pre ordered and they all have pre order credits. Plus with the no tax and delivery to my house its the easiest for me. I have prime so the pre orders arrive here on day of delivery

Yep that is the best deal I've seen so far for EPIC, Guess I will bite the bullet and go ahead and order it since its been saved to my cart for weeks. ....tax and shipping adds up and I also have PRIME

I have EPIC Mickey on reserved at Target you get a 5 gc which is fine by me b/c I love stocking up on target gc's

I am hoping to get a deal on ps3 and wii remote/charging station

I guess I didn't even know you could preorder games at Target..hmmm...Thanks! We have a Target within 40mi so I'll have to remember that...

I got my Wii Remote charging station on Amazon for $20 and then got the Energizer one when we added 2 more remotes on Amazon for 15.99! So check there too :D (price flucuates)

Our closest TRU is an hour away, so instead of driving an hour I picked up my Kinect games at Target at buy 2 get one free. I didn't think the Kinect games would be included in that deal, but they were.

Bought the Kinect at Kmart. They let me use both my $15.00 gaming coupons toward the system taking it down to $125.00 including tax and I also got a $25.00 gaming coupon to use toward any future game purchase. They may go lower than that, but I wasn't brave enough to wait it out. Lol.

Edited by Kim3498
Added info.

Our closest TRU is an hour away, so instead of driving an hour I picked up my Kinect games at Target at buy 2 get one free. I didn't think the Kinect games would be included in that deal, but they were.

Bought the Kinect at Kmart. They let me use both my $15.00 gaming coupons toward the system taking it down to $125.00 including tax and I also got a $25.00 gaming coupon to use toward any future game purchase. They may go lower than that, but I wasn't brave enough to wait it out. Lol.

How were you able to get the games at Target. You were very lucky, they would not allow me to do that. We just picked you the 250gb Xbox with Kinect today from Gamestop. DS traded in his old Xbox and a lot of games, plus we had a big credit from previous trade ins. We ended up not having to dish out any money for the new Xbox. I bought the games from Bestbuy but will be keeping an eye out for them to go lower. I can always return them to Best Buy. DS set it up tonite and they were playing the game that came with it and OMG it is a lot of fun. One of the games I got is the work out a guy at BB said its really good. We also got the Dance Central and the fighting game (forgot the name)

How were you able to get the games at Target. You were very lucky, they would not allow me to do that. We just picked you the 250gb Xbox with Kinect today from Gamestop. DS traded in his old Xbox and a lot of games, plus we had a big credit from previous trade ins. We ended up not having to dish out any money for the new Xbox. I bought the games from Bestbuy but will be keeping an eye out for them to go lower. I can always return them to Best Buy. DS set it up tonite and they were playing the game that came with it and OMG it is a lot of fun. One of the games I got is the work out a guy at BB said its really good. We also got the Dance Central and the fighting game (forgot the name)

Really. I called my local Target on Sunday when the paper came out and ask them if the sale included the Kinect games. The electronics person I talked to told me that since they hadn't gotten the games in yet they could not scan them to make sure. He also said that it did not say in the paper that it excluded the Kinect games and since they were a part of the Xbox games that he thought it would be included. I went down on Thursday when the games were released and they scaned on sale. Didn't have to argue with anyone. Did your Target person even scan them to see if they rang up on sale?

Really. I called my local Target on Sunday when the paper came out and ask them if the sale included the Kinect games. The electronics person I talked to told me that since they hadn't gotten the games in yet they could not scan them to make sure. He also said that it did not say in the paper that it excluded the Kinect games and since they were a part of the Xbox games that he thought it would be included. I went down on Thursday when the games were released and they scaned on sale. Didn't have to argue with anyone. Did your Target person even scan them to see if they rang up on sale?

Yes they did and I pointed out to them that the ad did not exclude them:mad: Just great. I will have to hope that one of the stores has a sale again

Apparently I now need to get an Xbox Kinect for DH (so much for "I don't need anything for Christmas!"). The kids are 10 and 13 (both girls) and I'm sure they'll enjoy it, too. In fact, I'm sure we'd ALL play it.

My question is: do I get the 4GB or the 250GB?? That's quite a difference! We've never had an Xbox, so I don't know how much space is needed. I don't mind spending the extra $100 if it's going to be better in the long run, but I don't want to waste my money either.

Thanks for your help!

Yes they did and I pointed out to them that the ad did not exclude them:mad: Just great. I will have to hope that one of the stores has a sale again

I hate it when store do that! The person I spoke too seemed to think maybe that Target had not thought of the release of the Kinect games for that week when they ran that deal in the ad. Hopefully you will find a better deal. What workout game did you get? I have The Biggest Loser for Wii and it totally kicks my behind. Thinking of getting it for Kinect.

Apparently I now need to get an Xbox Kinect for DH (so much for "I don't need anything for Christmas!"). The kids are 10 and 13 (both girls) and I'm sure they'll enjoy it, too. In fact, I'm sure we'd ALL play it.

My question is: do I get the 4GB or the 250GB?? That's quite a difference! We've never had an Xbox, so I don't know how much space is needed. I don't mind spending the extra $100 if it's going to be better in the long run, but I don't want to waste my money either.

Thanks for your help!

I recommend the 250gb That is the one we got yesterday. If you get the smaller one and later on need more space it is $130 for a 250 hard drive. My DS had the 20gb and had to delete stuff since he ran out of room. There are a lot of things they save on the HD and 4gb is not that big