Volunteers Needed for BF Site

Brad

It takes a small army of people to run the Black Friday site each year and while we already have a great group of people who've been helping in recent years, we could always use more people who are willing to be called on should the need arise if things get really busy.

So basically we're looking for people who will have some free time to dedicate to the site. The time period will likely be the month leading up to Black Friday - late October through late November - when 95% of the ads are released. There are no set hours or anything - we're just looking for people who will be around and will likely have time to do some work.

Some of the tasks we might need help with include:

- entering sale ad item info into database (item, category, price, etc....)

- finding sale ad items on store web sites and making a list of links

- cropping ad scans into individual item pics for posting on the BF site

- contacting the media to suggest story ideas / e-mailing our press releases

- various online promotion for the site (responding to news/blogs, etc...)

- emergency forum mods (not too likely, but possible if things get busy)

So if you are interested, send me a PM and let me know 1) what things you'd feel comfortable doing from the list above and 2) what skills/experience you have that might help you with these tasks. Please only volunteer if you truly believe you'll have the time and are comfortable with doing the kind of work listed above.

While these are volunteer positions, should you help out you will be rewarded for your time. You might also get other perks such as seeing ads before anyone else.

Normally I would help. But unfortunately with school and now full time work, and that I gotta finish gettin' the BF 2010 comparison charts ready for this year, my time is scarce. Actually, I gotta find some volunteers to help with enterin' in the detailed item data for that startin' next month. Don't suppose ya got any volunteer leftovers? ;)

I could possibly help out a bit if need be. A lil' time on weekday nights and more time on weekends.

Normally I would help. But unfortunately with school and now full time work, and that I gotta finish gettin' the BF 2010 comparison charts ready for this year, my time is scarce. Actually, I gotta find some volunteers to help with enterin' in the detailed item data for that startin' next month. Don't suppose ya got any volunteer leftovers? ;)

I could possibly help out a bit if need be. A lil' time on weekday nights and more time on weekends.

I'll help as much as I can. :)

I would love to help but I'm afraid I just don't have the time. I am in school and so is my husband and I have three kids. If you ever need help that would not take much time or then I'd be glad to help.

yeah ditto. if you need any help that doesn't take much time ... or effort , I'm there! :tongue1:

There you all go - anyone who volunteered to help with the database stuff for the BF ads should contact SC about helping him as well.

I've received so many responses that the majority of those who have volunteered simply won't be needed because there is only so much work and so many ads that we need help with, so if you want to help out, SC has another opportunity for you.

And to those of you who claim all the deals get posted before you can, I don't believe that for a second :P We have very few deals posted on here compared to other sites. So go steal those deals if you have to! Keep in mind that our big holiday giveaway which will be announced very soon always involves posting deals, so if you want to increase your chances, learn how to find and post deals!

There are so many deals out there to be posted and I benefit greatly from people that take the time to post them. There are so many stores to post from.

So, No excuses search out those deals and post away.

I have a lot of people that get deals from gottadeal and they would say "Thank You" for saving them some money!

Your time zone difference could be an advantage as you can do things while others are sleeping. Except of course that Gottadealers never seem to sleep. :tired:

I would like to help but...

- I am 14 hours or so difference time zone wise

- I have very little computer skills

Your time zone difference could be an advantage as you can do things while others are sleeping. Except of course that Gottadealers never seem to sleep. :tired:

I sleep and work 10 hour days, that's why I don't always find the deals first... I live vicariously through fellow gottadealers.

There are so many deals out there to be posted and I benefit greatly from people that take the time to post them. There are so many stores to post from.

So, No excuses search out those deals and post away.

I have a lot of people that get deals from gottadeal and they would say "Thank You" for saving them some money!

I whole heartedly agree!

Just wanna give a lil' BUMP to this topic. ;) I'm still on the lookout for folks who can help out with entering info into the GD Comparison Charts this year. Anyone who's interested please PM me.

After tabulating the large numbers of products from last year I guess I'm kinda freakin' out. One of those 'What have I gotten myself into now?!' moments. :gdparanoid: Any help is appreciated, folks.

After tabulating the large numbers of products from last year I guess I'm kinda freakin' out. One of those 'What have I gotten myself into now?!' moments. :gdparanoid: Any help is appreciated, folks.

Now you know why I never made comparison charts an official part of the BF site, lol. No way I had time for all that :P

Now you know why I never made comparison charts an official part of the BF site, lol. No way I had time for all that :P

Ya know, I've never been envious of your job, Brad. :tongue1: It's tougher than I thought moderating a site for maybe a small handful of people at most. How many folks do ya have on yours? At least 10,000 times that much? :eek: