Teachers What do you give your students for each holiday?

At my particular school it is expected that we give some type of goody bag at Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's Day, Easter and an End of the Year treat. Classes sizes vary each year from 15-21 students. I always buy the seasonal cups and fill those with pencils and treats. This runs into a lot of money throughout the year. Any suggestions on cheaper gifts for the kids? Thank you!!

buy the cups after the holiday when they are on clearance and put them away for the next year, same thing with pencils

my daughters teacher gave the entire class pads of paper, pencils and crayons for christmas one year and my sons teacher gave the kids a pad of paper and pencils at the end of the year to keep writing through the summer, all of those school supplies you can get pretty cheap on clearance after school starts and put them away for later

here's the thing though, know how much they cost on sale! those cups Walgreens sells for like 5/$1 on sale in their ad, so if they are regularly .59cents and go on "clearance" for 30% or 50% off of the .59 cents then it's not really a great price for them until they are 75% or 90% off

I usually fill a cup or bag or stocking with little stuff from the dollar spot and some candy. For Christmas I add a cute puzzle or Play Doh to the usual pencil/eraser/tattoo :D I have a little dilemma this year, though. they split my class into 2 this year. I have the younger kids (freshman/sophomores) and the older group is next door. I'm thinking I'll buy for all 14 kids because the older group were my kids for 2 years and it's not their fault they got split :(

I think the most impressive thing I have ever seen a teacher do was last year one of our 3rd grade teachers made a fleece hat/scarf set for each kid. We have LARGE classes (28-31) so was bowled over to see her do this. She even matched the colors to the kids jackets. I told her how impressed I was and she said its for her peace of mind. Would drive her insane to see kids w/out these items so this way she knew they had a set and her class ALWAYS had them on. She mentioned she rarely had a kid lose them because they were always so impressed with the fact someone MADE it just for them. She used the JO-Anns coupons for 50% off a cut and watched for remnants.

We have had teachers in the past do books. If you go this way we really enjoy seeing a note wrote in the inside cover. It makes it more special for the kid.

Another fav of mine was a teacher made a tag for an ornament that had a poem about when you look at the ornament you will see someone dear to me. It is a must hang on our tree (goes back to that whole made *FOR* kid that they are so impressed w/)