Free Year of Amazon Prime with .edu email address

biomajor

dang .. DD19 is a college student, but her college email address doesn't have an .edu in it. Wonder if they'll still let her get in on this offer.

Does her school have an enrollment verification system? I know JourneyEd can do this online for most schools. Maybe Amazon can do the same?

I have a .edu email address, but I was wary to sign up due to this:

To sign up for and use Amazon Student, you must (1) have an Amazon.com account, (2) be a college student actively enrolled in at least one course at a college geographically located in one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, (3) be able to provide proof of enrollment upon request and (4) have a valid e-mail address that contains the domain suffix .edu.

The chances of them auditing it is probably thin, but if your email address is something like alumni.universityname.edu, it probably won't fly. I had my sister sign up and she added me on.

I also read on another site that if you do sign up with .edu and you are not a student and you use the Prime and then they find you aren't a student they will charge you for the services you used.

I had thought about signing up, but I'm not currently enrolled and I don't want to take any chances and end up owing money to Amazon.