WALGREEN'S Deal Discussion - July - Sep '10

dantegirl

What are RR?

RR is short for register rewards. Walgreens will offer these register rewards if you buy a certain quantity or dollar amount of specified products (you can find them listed in the weekly circular). These register rewards can be used like cash on your next purchase. However, you have to be careful with register rewards. They usually expire 2 weeks from the issue date.

Things to Remember……

At most stores, you are only able to use one register reward coupon per transaction.

Another hang up with RR, is say you make a purchase, and use your RR to pay for the item(s), and the item(s) you purchase are part of a RR deal... your new RR will not print out.

Your pretax total must be more or equal to your RR amount in order for you to redeem RR.

RR count as manufacturer coupons as far as the register is concerned, and you are only allowed to use as many man. Q's as you have items. However, you can use a man. Q, store Q, and pay with a register reward - just make sure you have a filler item. Recently it has been noted that if you use your RR first, you don't need a filler item....YMMV.

If you don't get your RR, contact the Catalina company...

- Phone: 1-888-8coupon, option 3

- Online HERE

What is the Easy Saver Catalog?

The Easy Saver Catalog lists all the monthly Walgreens deals with coupons and rebate information for the products listed in the catalog. This catalog is available in the front of the store by the weekly sales ads or can be found on-line.

You can mail your rebates in or use the newly available on-line system here:

http://www.walgreens.com/store/rebateclub.jsp

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

pampers wipes $2.49 and there was $2 Q few weeks ago = .49

pampers diapers $8.99 -$3 Q from mailer = $5.99

fusion razor 9.89 - 4 Q -5 RR back= .89 for razor with 2 cartridriges

colgate total 3.49 - 1 Q - 3.50 RR= 1.01 money maker

If you need fillers, highlighters are .09

• 2 weeks later...
After I handed him my cash the cashier told me that my RR wouldn't print out if I paid with a RR, I said I just did it yesterday and it worked, he said it doesn't work anymore, I politely said again that I just did it yesterday and it's only if you pay with the same RR as the item you are buying, this went back & forth and I kept asking him to just enter in my money and see if it prints out (I just did it 15 minutes prior in the Walgreens right down the street) and he kept telling me that it doesn't work anymore because he tried it for another customer earlier today and it didn't print out. I finally convinced him to enter my cash into the register, and guess what printed out? He was completely shocked that my RR printed. I was taking advantage of one more day of the extra 15%.

I'm not a usual Walgreens shopper, so I've got a question for the veterans.

Stopped by my local Walgreens to try and pick up some of the 30 count papermate mechanical pencils that were on sale last week(?) for .99 and they were out. The manager gave me a raincheck and asked how many I needed. At the time of the sale, there was not a limit, but I just threw out the number 4. He gave me the raincheck and today when I stopped in, they had the packages back in stock. I went to the front with my 4 packs and asked the clerk if I could get 2 more packs (there were about 8 remaining on the display) and he said "no" that I could only get what was on the raincheck, even though the original sale didn't have a limit.

Is that standard procedure? Just curious, since I'm usually a CVS'r and they never give me a hassle about rainchecks if the original add didn't have limits (they do usually note that on the raincheck too, so maybe that's what I should have said). Thanks for any insight. Wasn't sure if I should be bent or not.:confused: Since I'm well known at my CVS, they wouldn't have blinked, but didn't know if Walgreens is super strict about their policies.

In my experience,if the raincheck has a limit they will stick to it.I always ask for crazy amounts knowing I won't need/want them if there's no limit. I still have some rainchecks from the G2 pens but not sure how that will go since coupons that made them 19cents expired 07/31/2010. I wish that had allowed substitutions like someone else said they got at their store. Lady was a real hag about even giving is rainchecks making us go find manager who just said go ask for one and we dragged her with us to ensure lady would give us rainchecks.

A lot of the walgreens cashiers around here are nasty pieces of work. I went so far as to speak to store manager about one at store nearest to house and sometime after she seems to have disappeared (but I've also stopped going as often). There's no need to be treated like a thief everytime you score something worthwhile at the clearance areas.

If the raincheck has a quantity on it they will stick to that. The cashier probably had no idea if there were limits or not and was just going by what the raincheck said.

I agree with tinkrbel, I always ask for "10" of something if when I get a raincheck and the ad doesn't have any limits, you don't have to buy 10 and can decide how many you want when they are in stock. A couple times I got a raincheck for something and a week later a manuf coupon came out for the item and then I wished that I had gotten a raincheck for more than 1 or 2, that's why I started getting a raincheck for 10 or 12.

well what I hate about the rainchecks at WAGS is that you have to give it up when you use it - even if you don't get the quantity on the rain check. I've started asking for multiple rain checks with smaller quantities on them. Ticks me off when I have a raincheck for 4, and they only have 3 in stock and they make me turn over the raincheck! And every time I ask for them to rewrite the raincheck with the unclaimed number on it, I am told no.

In my experience,if the raincheck has a limit they will stick to it.I always ask for crazy amounts knowing I won't need/want them if there's no limit. I still have some rainchecks from the G2 pens but not sure how that will go since coupons that made them 19cents expired 07/31/2010. I wish that had allowed substitutions like someone else said they got at their store. Lady was a real hag about even giving is rainchecks making us go find manager who just said go ask for one and we dragged her with us to ensure lady would give us rainchecks.

A lot of the walgreens cashiers around here are nasty pieces of work. I went so far as to speak to store manager about one at store nearest to house and sometime after she seems to have disappeared (but I've also stopped going as often). There's no need to be treated like a thief everytime you score something worthwhile at the clearance areas.

I first got the limit (2) on the G2 pens for .19

I realized what a good deal it was and went back to get more but they were out (of course).I asked for a raincheck and the manager said he could give me the $1.19 price (but not the $1 off q from the Easy Saver Catalog) but I don't really need them anymore.

I am surprised that their recent good BTS deals (like packages of highlighters for .19 and the 30 pk. mech pencils for .99) had no limit! Not only that,they had plenty of the product even on a Tuesday!

That's a shame that you don't like the cashiers; I used to feel like that with the CVS cashiers but they are much better now. It takes the fun out of a good shopping experience when the cashiers are like that.

Around here,we have a Wags on just about every corner but only a few CVS in the whole city. Sometimes it just helps to find a store where the employees are helpful and friendly,even if it means driving a little extra :)

The cashier that eventually gave me and parents rainchecks wrote .19 on the raincheck but doubt someone else will be stupid enough to accept. I found some simialr ones slightly cheaper at staples the following week after rebate. That two pack is on sale for $3 in other stores seems crazy for 2 pens.

this week the Hanes socks, underwear, etc is B1G1 and most packs have coupons for $1 off. FYI...Coupons are matched to the items so you can NOT use a coupon off the panties for the socks.

2 packs of girls socks (6 pk) for $4.49 - $2 (2 x $1 Q) = $2.49 or $1.25/pack

2 packs of girls panties (9 pk) for $8.99 - $2 (2 x $1 Q)= $6.99 or $3.50/pack

that's what w do but with ad mentioning coupon and raincheck mentioning .19 don't know if I should be honest and take both as usual and hope they honor sale since were out of stock all week or just take raincheck and try it that way?

they will honor the raincheck with or without the ad attached, you don't need the coupon anymore once you have the raincheck, it's just nice to have in case there are any questions about size or any questions about the item, it will get rung up from the raincheck the coupon will not be scanned or entered

• 2 weeks later...
Enjoying Walgreens too much recently - every week they have some nice pens on sale for 99 cents after the coupons. This week, almonds are 2/4 (not their best deal, as sometimes they do BOGO Free) but I discovered some of the cans have coupons in them for 0.75 off two, no expiration date.

I got lucky on sunday and found rainchecks still in recylce bin with coupons, took to 3 different stores and was able to get the pens. They're remodelling our store and getting rid of 30,000 items according to a friend who is a pharmacist as walgreens so have been getting some real steals since the weekend. Yesterday I bought big boxes of cheerios for 0.99, individual ramen type soups in styrofoam container for 0.15, other noodle bowls soups for .25, campbells soup microwavable pot for 0.82 and a pack of 6 toothbrushes and 2.2 oz aim toothpaste for 1.25. The people behind me were kinda pissy but went to cosmetics counter, total came to under $23 for 4 huge bags.

I got lucky on sunday and found rainchecks still in recylce bin with coupons, took to 3 different stores and was able to get the pens. They're remodelling our store and getting rid of 30,000 items according to a friend who is a pharmacist as walgreens so have been getting some real steals since the weekend. Yesterday I bought big boxes of cheerios for 0.99, individual ramen type soups in styrofoam container for 0.15, other noodle bowls soups for .25, campbells soup microwavable pot for 0.82 and a pack of 6 toothbrushes and 2.2 oz aim toothpaste for 1.25. The people behind me were kinda pissy but went to cosmetics counter, total came to under $23 for 4 huge bags.

Great scores-

lucky you!

• 3 weeks later...