Black Friday discussion - sorry I could not wait!

RossMAN

1) How excited are you about this years Black Friday?

2) What's on your shopping list? What items?

3) Parents, do you dread shopping for the hottest toys and/or video games?

4) Do you bring anything to sit on while camping out at 2AM waiting for a store to open? I'm thinking about getting a collapseable lawn chair.

5) What stores ads are you anxious to see?

6) We're currently at 5,898 members ... do you think we'll break 10,000 members by Christmas?

7) I can't wait until we upgrade to vBulletin forum software v3.5 with new features and goodies. Plus we're going to have several giveaways and prizes this holiday season.

Not nearly as excited as last year. :( I just don't know how I'm going to manage it this year...I really want to get to the stores in person, but I also think it's a horrible idea to have the kids out that morning, esp. that early.

No specific items yet. Toys, definitely. Will have to check out all the ads.

No, my kids don't tend to get (or want, thankfully) the "hottest" toys. They get toys that I think they'll like that are on sale LOL.

4) Do you bring anything to sit on while camping out at 2AM waiting for a store to open?I'm thinking about getting a collapseable lawn chair.

I never have. The ground works and I don't have to carry it with me while shopping. ;)

Toys R Us mainly. But all the other ones too. :D

6) We're currently at 5,898 members ... do you think we'll break 10,000 members by Christmas?

I think it's quite possible!

7) I can't wait until we upgrade to vBulletin forum software v3.5 with new features and goodies. Plus we're going to have several giveaways and prizes this holiday season.

Looking forward to that too. :D

i don't know. i don't have a pressing need for anything so i'll pick up only the good deals and maybe go clothes shopping.

if i don't get it before then, a new LCD.

i'm lucky my "kid" plays video games a year old so that we can buy them preplayed.

4) Do you bring anything to sit on while camping out at 2AM waiting for a store to open? I'm thinking about getting a collapseable lawn chair.

i actually don't camp out. i press my luck. unless there's some MONSTER deal, i'll try it. one year i just arrived 20 mins before they store opened to get a cd burner and there was no line.

the usual. best buy and fry's.

i hope they all start chatting away!

woot new free stuff! :cheesy:

1) How excited are you about this years Black Friday? Not too much until I see the lists.

2) What's on your shopping list? What items? Nothing much yet. have to wait and see.

3) Parents, do you dread shopping for the hottest toys and/or video games? Not really because they don't get those things. lol.

4) Do you bring anything to sit on while camping out at 2AM waiting for a store to open? I'm thinking about getting a collapseable lawn chair. I would have to ask Chris. :D No, he has never had to get there that early. Since he is doing MY shopping, I try to make it as easy as possable on him....the happier Chris is, the more Leah gets.

5) What stores ads are you anxious to see? Wal-mart as usual, got some good stuff at Sears last year so.....

6) We're currently at 5,898 members ... do you think we'll break 10,000 members by Christmas? Easily. How many stay after that is the main question.

7) I can't wait until we upgrade to vBulletin forum software v3.5 with new features and goodies. Plus we're going to have several giveaways and prizes this holiday season. Is that supposed to be a question? :gd_shake:

I'm excited about finding the deals and passing them along. I'm not sure if I'll do any B&M shopping, yet.

~30" LCD TV for home. Digital camera for my grandparents. Possibly a dash-mount GPS.

No, but he's only 3 weeks old, so I'm thinking he won't be too upset. ;)

I hadn't thought of camping out that long, unless the deal is killer. I've got some of those collapsible cloth chairs that came with a sling bag, so it could work if I wanted to deal with carrying it around the store.

Circuit City, Best Buy, Office Depot, Office Max, Radio Shack, and Target. You think Quizno's will have a BF sale for all the crazy shoppers?

Sure

Believe it or not, I am more excited about paying off two 0% interest debts I've been holding onto for a year. My living room furniture and what is left on my Best Buy card. That's $6500 I will not have on my mind.

Home goods (tools, etc). Perhaps a stand alone DVD burner. Gifts for close friends and family.

I don't have any kids that I know of. :lolrun:

Last year, my ex and I brought collapsable chairs, hot coco, some munchies, Black Friday ads, some extra blankets to keep warm. I don't have a GF this year, let alone one that would do the Black Friday thing. :(

Best Buy, Wal-mart (all the talk about how bad they screwed up last year makes me think they will do something extra special this season), Home Depot, Ace Hardware.

I hope so! The only thing I think would keep that from happening would be copycat sites.

Giveaways are good! You should give a prize to the top poster that is not an admin. ;)

Oh, just wanted to ad. If you using a chair to sit in line, I don't think most people care if you step out of line to put the chair in your car before the doors open. That was my experience.

Last year, my ex and I brought collapsable chairs, hot coco, some munchies, Black Friday ads, some extra blankets to keep warm. I don't have a GF this year, let alone one that would do the Black Friday thing. :(

[/b]

You've got to work on that Antioch girl. ;)

Not really that excided... christmas season means workng long hours

an XBOX 360, and some good computer parts

No kids, I shop for myself.

Only if I can sleep in.

Fry's

Yes

Woohoo... prizes are fun :)

I am so excited i live for Black friday.This year i really have to look at the adsand plan i wont be able to stay out all day anymore since i have a newborn that will be 3mnths then .Ive missed you all since last year .I am looking for walmart ,target ,bestbuy,compusa. i really need good deals on dvds to burn with .Video games for my son and toys for my 3mnth old

1) How excited are you about this years Black Friday? On a scale from 1 to 10, I gotta say 4.

2) What's on your shopping list? What items? LCD monitor, and cheap DVDs.

4) Do you bring anything to sit on while camping out at 2AM waiting for a store to open? Probably a sleeping bag.

5) What stores ads are you anxious to see? Best Buy, Circuit City, and Office Max.

6) We're currently at 5,898 members ... do you think we'll break 10,000 members by Christmas? Yes, but most of them won't be active.

I am so excited i live for Black friday.This year i really have to look at the adsand plan i wont be able to stay out all day anymore since i have a newborn that will be 3mnths then .Ive missed you all since last year .I am looking for walmart ,target ,bestbuy,compusa. i really need good deals on dvds to burn with .Video games for my son and toys for my 3mnth old

so you have a newborn? CONGRATS! (was he born in August as well?)

I'm very much looking forward to Black Friday this year (assuming there are good deals) since I didn't get to go last year - my car wouldn't start at the time. :(

Nothing specific at the moment...whatever I can afford. Electronics and computer stuff, mostly. ;)

I'm a parent? Why didn't someone tell me? :eyepoppin

2am? That's when the amateurs get there. ;) 10pm all the way. :D But I really haven't decided yet. When I did Black Friday before (2003), my friends and I did have chairs (and blankets, it was 35F out there :P). If I or my friend can hop out of line to throw the stuff back in my car right before they start letting people into the store like we did that time, I'll probably bring it. :)

Best Buy, Fry's, Circuit City, CompUSA maybe...basically anywhere that sells computer/electronics stuff.

It's certainly possible.

Awesome. I was really disappointed that I didn't get to go to any of the sales last year due to my car troubles, I felt somewhat left out. :(

Moderately to pretty excited.

I dunno... tools mostly. I suppose my POS computer could use some upgrades, but it does the job. A nice big LCD would be good for work.

I haven't actually done that before... I suppose if I did this year, I'd bring an audiobook.

Best Buy, Circuit City, Lowe's, Home Depot (although they'll suck... one page of actual deals)

Definitely

That's not a question

Hey, this is kind of like a GottaDeal exclusive: "The only site with official Black Friday 2005 discussions!"

- I've been doing Black Friday since 2003 (and in 2002, I went with my mom to Radio Shack to pick up one of the M&M radios ;)), and I have got to say that this year is the most exciting BF for me! Why? Because I actually have some real money. 2003 I spent about $120, which I thought was cool at the time. Last year I think I went to about $500 (including $300 in McDonald's Best Buy Bucks). But now, with my new gig at Tom's Hardware, I am getting exponentially more money than I did for other freelance jobs and even other 9-5 jobs I've had. It's time for me to do some serious damage on BF!!

I'm not sure. I'm a college student who still doesn't have a laptop (do all my work at my desktop at home), so if there's a good notebook comp deal, I'll be all over it.

I'm 19 years old and in college. Fortunately, I don't have any kids at the moment ;).

Again, in years past, I did not have enough money to get the really killer deals (i.e. computers), so the earliest I ever arrived was about an hour before the store opened. This year may be different, however, and if I do plan on camping outside, I will just bring my inexpensive, 256 MB MP3 player to listen to, or I'll just talk with my bro and whoever else we happen to take with us. I'm still young, so I probably could just stand for a few hours.

All of them! Mostly Best Buy, Media Play, Target, and Circuit City.

As long as you still have that cool domain name (what was it, black-friday.com or something like that?), I'd say you've got a great potential for getting a lot of new traffic and new members. I say yes, the 10K member mark will be broken during the month of November.

-Mark-

What do you mean "all the people"? I only saw one person's name here who I didn't recognize and who has a low post count.

-Mark-

Since when do I have to validate my comments with you? There's two people on this thread and there have been others on other threads.

Considering there are 20-30 regulars, 2 or 3 is a high percentage.

Since when do I have to validate my comments with you? There's two people on this thread and there have been others on other threads.

Considering there are 20-30 regulars, 2 or 3 is a high percentage.

Oops. Didn't notice SynthDude, and didn't realize you were referring to other threads as well. But you might as well learn it now if you haven't already: I am the master of everything and anything you say must be verified by me before it can be considered as fact. Even opinions must meet my approval. So start getting used to it! :D;)

-Mark-

As long as we are talking about Black Friday, here's a fun story from last year that I don't think I ever remembered to share on this, or any other, forum.

So my brother, Eric, and I wake up at about 3:00 AM. We plan on hitting JC Penny at 4:00; we have to get ready and also pick up Eric's girlfriend who is coming along with us. So it's about 3:15 and we're all ready to go (Eric takes about 15 minutes after he wakes up to actually open his eyes ;)). We hop in our family van (this was a few months before Eric got his own car, and I still don't have one), and it won't start! We try and try and try and we cannot get it to start. Well, knowing that waking up our parents would be a bad situation, we really start to panic. After trying a couple more times, we realize it must be that the gas tank is empty. With the nearest gas station being about a 15-minute walk, and it not even being operational yet, we fear that we won't be able to go Black Friday shopping until well after sunrise.

But then Eric remembers that we had about a half-full can of gasoline for our lawnmower. So we get the can, empty it into the van's gas tank, and voila! He puts the key in the ignition and the car starts! We go to Eric's girlfriend's house, pick her up, and then decide to completely fuel up at a nearby 24-hour gas station, and I kid you not -- as we pull into it, the car comes to a stop. Filling the tank up with gas fixes the problem again, and we are good for the rest of the day! But man, that was two very close calls that could have ruined our BF experience.

-Mark-