Old Navy One Day Wonder this Sat 5/22: Flip-flops for $1 (and other YMMV deals)

luvbargainz

Flip-flops for $1 this Saturday was being promoted at my two local stores (regular price is $3.50 each or 2 for $5). Both of the ON's nearest me had signs on the doors saying they will be opening at 7am on Saturday. This was really popular last year and people were lined up before opening. Not sure if there is a limit, they usually impose a five-item limit, which is sometimes enforced depending on the store/demand (sometimes you can break purchases up into groups of five).

Worth noting, my store had a sales flier by the register that had a $5 off $25 coupon that starts Friday (it may have been an insert in last Sunday's paper). Also, one of my closest stores was doing the extra 50% off women's clearance clothing. I managed to score some light jackets, a business suit, and some jammies for cheap. The other store near my house had a ton of clearance but no extra-off promotion, so YMMV.

I always just go on Friday and buy what I want, then go back with the receipt later on Saturday for a price adjustment! Works like a charm!

I did that when they had the $1 socks. They didn't say anything to me about a limit either, they credited me the difference for all the socks that I bought even though the signs said there was a limit of 5. I went in the day before and asked and they said that as long as I came back when the socks were on sale that they could give me the price adjustment.

I bought a bunch of flip-flops a couple weeks ago when they had the 50% off sale for the first 50 in line. They came out to $1.25 each but it was worth not having to stand in that line on Saturday! It was absolutely the craziest thing I've ever seen!!! I'm pretty sure if the fire department came out they would have closed the store for having too many people in there.

If they have limits you can just get back in line again as many times as you need to. If you walk around the store for a little bit, after the rush the lines usually go down.

The extra 50% off promotion seems to be in bigger stores from my past experience. I just bought what I wanted at other store and then went back and returned/repurchased at other store. Normally I wouldn't bother but they had the workout pants regular 19.50 for like 3.50 after discount and I needed some.

I always just go on Friday and buy what I want, then go back with the receipt later on Saturday for a price adjustment! Works like a charm!

Does the coupon always come out on Saturday? I bought some clothing yesterday and need a coupon. Also, what's the percentage off?

The extra 50% off promotion seems to be in bigger stores from my past experience. I just bought what I wanted at other store and then went back and returned/repurchased at other store. Normally I wouldn't bother but they had the workout pants regular 19.50 for like 3.50 after discount and I needed some.

Did they let you repurchase on the spot, or did you have to wait for them to put it back and then hunt it down again?

Does the coupon always come out on Saturday? I bought some clothing yesterday and need a coupon. Also, what's the percentage off?

The deal we are talking about is not a coupon, it is a special promotion called a "One Day Wonder", where they have one item at a low price for one day only (Saturday). This Saturday it is flip flops for $1.

You can get coupons at Old Navy's Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/oldnavy). Just click on the Barker's Bones tab and "hunt" for a coupon. This week it is $15 off a $75 purchase. You usually can't get an adjustment for it though, although you can return and rebuy.

Edited by luvbargainz
Add parentheses

My closest store is a real stickler on the limits! A lady in front of me asked if she went out and came back in could she buy more and they said no, not if we recognize you we can't sell you more than the limit for the day. The lady had to go out to her car and drag one of her kids in the store to buy what she wanted. So I didn't even ask and only got the limit. I'm glad some stores will let you. I'll have to try a different store maybe this time....

they just did a return and then rescanned (at their price). My mother was outside ashamed, I just told the girl i had paid for it on wrong card and needed it swapped. I saved like 30 bucks from original purchase on top of the actual clearance vs regular price savings.

they just did a return and then rescanned (at their price). My mother was outside ashamed, I just told the girl i had paid for it on wrong card and needed it swapped. I saved like 30 bucks from original purchase on top of the actual clearance vs regular price savings.

Thanks for the info. LOL on the ashamed part, that sounds like my DH. He is often ashamed by my bargain hunting, but I have slowly showed him the light!

I checked out the flip-flops today and the store I went to was already out of (or never had much stock of) the cute colors, like metallics. They had a ton of white flip flops - yeah, I don't think so, they will be dirty in five seconds. So much for buying early and getting a price adjustment.

I went at about 11:30 and it was a madhouse. Although there was about 30 or more people in line, I got through the line in less than 10 min. They only had white left in womens (got 2 pair for myself to wear at the lake) but they were just putting out a bunch of different mens flip flops. Got a pair for DH & DS each of black as they would not be caught dead in green or silver or flowery (is that a word?) ones. The cashier said there was a hundred people lined up at 6:30. :confused: I am not going to get up at 6:30 on a Saturday for flip flops that you can get anytime for 2/$5.

I went around 2PM and they only had black left, but one of the workers told me that I could buy 5 and then trade them for other colors later!! They also had signs posted everywhere stating "No price adjustments on flip flops"

I went around 1, my hubby was with me, so I left without flip flops. He was too impatient to stand in line. (the line wasn't too bad, Im sure it would have been 10 -15 minutes. ) In womens they had a few pairs of silver left, and they had white, navy, brown and black.

I went around 2PM and they only had black left, but one of the workers told me that I could buy 5 and then trade them for other colors later!! They also had signs posted everywhere stating "No price adjustments on flip flops"

Interesting...they must have changed their policy. I did price adjustments on all kinds of "doorbuster" things last fall and earlier this spring. Thanks for the heads up!

Last year, my store had 100 people lined up. It snaked around the entire store and it took 1 hour to get through the line and it was like that for at least 3-4 hrs straight. Needless to say, I skipped it this year. I do think that they are ok wearable for $1. I'm certain that there were just as many people there this year as last year if not more.