WALGREEN'S Deal Discussion - Apr-Jun '10

dantegirl

What are RR?

RR is short for register rewards. Walgreens will offer these register rewards if you buy a certain quantity or dollar amount of specified products (you can find them listed in the weekly circular). These register rewards can be used like cash on your next purchase. However, you have to be careful with register rewards. They usually expire 2 weeks from the issue date.

Things to Remember……

At most stores, you are only able to use one register reward coupon per transaction.

Another hang up with RR, is say you make a purchase, and use your RR to pay for the item(s), and the item(s) you purchase are part of a RR deal... your new RR will not print out.

Your pretax total must be more or equal to your RR amount in order for you to redeem RR.

RR count as manufacturer coupons as far as the register is concerned, and you are only allowed to use as many man. Q's as you have items. However, you can use a man. Q, store Q, and pay with a register reward - just make sure you have a filler item. Recently it has been noted that if you use your RR first, you don't need a filler item....YMMV.

If you don't get your RR, contact the Catalina company...

- Phone: 1-888-8coupon, option 3

- Online HERE

What is the Easy Saver Catalog?

The Easy Saver Catalog lists all the monthly Walgreens deals with coupons and rebate information for the products listed in the catalog. This catalog is available in the front of the store by the weekly sales ads or can be found on-line.

You can mail your rebates in or use the newly available on-line system here:

http://www.walgreens.com/store/rebateclub.jsp

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Gilette or Old Spice Body wash is free after RR this week and there are Gilette coupons in this weeks P&G insert and I think the last one that was out too for $4 off 2 and also B1G1F, so you can buy 2 for the price of 1 and get a RR back or buy 2 for like $5 and get a $4.50 RR back.

The RR looked different today so I read it and it now says that my P&G RR for the Gilette body wash is not good for the purchase of any P&G products!

Also, I don't know if it's something new or they always said it and no one here ever paid attention, but I always used my almost expiring ones for milk or coffee creamer and last week I bought 3 items and 2 of them were coffee creamer and used 1 coupon and 2 RR's and the cashier was mumbling that I wasn't supposed to use them on dairy, but she took them anyways mumbling that I wasn't supposed to use them on that, so I read the ones that I had left and they do say that but no one ever said anything to me before so I never knew that.

Gilette or Old Spice Body wash is free after RR this week and there are Gilette coupons in this weeks P&G insert and I think the last one that was out too for $4 off 2 and also B1G1F, so you can buy 2 for the price of 1 and get a RR back or buy 2 for like $5 and get a $4.50 RR back.

The RR looked different today so I read it and it now says that my P&G RR for the Gilette body wash is not good for the purchase of any P&G products!

Also, I don't know if it's something new or they always said it and no one here ever paid attention, but I always used my almost expiring ones for milk or coffee creamer and last week I bought 3 items and 2 of them were coffee creamer and used 1 coupon and 2 RR's and the cashier was mumbling that I wasn't supposed to use them on dairy, but she took them anyways mumbling that I wasn't supposed to use them on that, so I read the ones that I had left and they do say that but no one ever said anything to me before so I never knew that.

I never noticed the above but Walgreens has gone downhill big time. They got rid of the monthly rebate book, the RR are not good for long enough periods, the RR count as manuf coupon, the sales are often for only the pictured item (example: exact scent of deodorant) and, my wags at least, won't take a coupon or RR 1 day past the date!

I never noticed the above but Walgreens has gone downhill big time. They got rid of the monthly rebate book, the RR are not good for long enough periods, the RR count as manuf coupon, the sales are often for only the pictured item (example: exact scent of deodorant) and, my wags at least, won't take a coupon or RR 1 day past the date!

That's why I was using my RR's for milk and coffee creamer! I knew that they said you couldn't use them on alcohol or tobacco or stamps... but I never noticed that they said that they weren't good on dairy products. Now that you can't use a RR from a P&G product to purchase any other P&G product that restricts them even more! I'll have to wait and see if all RR's say something like that.

I've actually had much better luck at Walgreens than I have at CVS anymore! Walgreens has had much better deals than CVS for months now, Walgreens has an off week here or there but I don't even go in to CVS for weeks at a time. I used to be in CVS a couple times a week, now that has switched to Walgreens.

I have RR that have expired that I keep at my desk to remind me why I don't really like to get sucked into the RR trap again. To me the big thing is that the RR are only good for 2 weeks.

One is from Jan 09 and in the fine print it does say you cannot use to purchase scripts, tobacco, blah blah, dairy and gift cards.

We have been limited in funds and that's why I have been shopping a lot at Walgreens, I was rolling my RR's every week for other things that have RR's and on the off week that they didn't I was using them for milk, eggs and other things we use around the house. No one ever said anything to me about using them on dairy until last week, but she let me use it anyways.

Have you ever tried to use the expired RR? I found one from 09, and just for fun, I was getting just a gallon of milk anyway, I handed it to the cashier. It scanned with no problem. Now, I wouldn't try that on stuff I wasn't going to buy with cash anyway, but if you're buying one way or another, why not try.

It was on the front page. The rebate coupons says valid for residents of AL,AR,HI,IN,KY,LA,ME,MN,MO,NC,VA AND WV. Spend $15, get a $10 rebate - valid on anything but tobacco, gift cards and prescriptions - compliments of Coors Lights, Coors Banquet and yellow tail wine.

Walgreens gold seal vitam d 400 count is BOGO and they have $5 off coupons in the coupon booklet that end 05/29/2010(think), will be in later today and can enter prices then. Also the Little Swimmers are 4.99 after using the $2 coupon from their boklet and there was a $2 off manufacturer one in newspapers that ends 05/30/2010 or coupons.com has $1 off ones.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Nivea Mens Body Wash is $5.99 and get a $6 RR there were $3 off coupons from the paper a few weeks back, so spend $3 and get $6 RR.

I did this deal, and will be rolling my RR this week with the Gillette or Old Spice Body Wash and using the BOGO coupons from the paper from 2 weeks ago P&G insert. I'll also be buying some Herbal Essence shampoo with the overage and getting back $2 more in RR. So should be about even since I have a coupon for both the Body Wash and the shampoo.

And if you wear contacts - you can get the Re-nu free after RR this week.

I did this deal, and will be rolling my RR this week with the Gillette or Old Spice Body Wash and using the BOGO coupons from the paper from 2 weeks ago P&G insert. I'll also be buying some Herbal Essence shampoo with the overage and getting back $2 more in RR. So should be about even since I have a coupon for both the Body Wash and the shampoo.

And if you wear contacts - you can get the Re-nu free after RR this week.

The renu website had $2 off coupons on it last week.

still rolling RR from a month ago! Picked up 2 of the freebies after RR today.

And if you snagged the Dentine Pure $1 off coupon from the paper a few weeks ago - you bascially get 3 packs of gum free this week! 3 packs for 1.98, use the 99 cent off in store coupon and the $1 coupon - 3 packs of gum for less -.01!