Best camera for a child (6yo)

I'm looking for a camera for my nephew who is turning 6. I thought I had decided on the Fisher Price Kid Tough camera but it's gotten pretty bad reviews everywhere I look. Does anyone have this camera? Can anyone suggest a better alternative?

Thanks!!

My son has that camera. It's easy to use and very durable, but the picture quality is not there. My son used it when he was about 3 and didn't care about the pictures. We actually just got him a new digital camera for his 6th birthday and he loves it. We got a lower end Kodak digital. It's the CD82 from Walmart that was on sale for black friday. It's not as durable but he's gotten so he wants to look at his pictures and print them out and we couldn't do that with the fisher price. It's probably a bit more than he needed, but lower quality ones weren't that much cheaper so we just got that one. It seems like Kodak cameras are a little easier to use than the other brands.

We've moved the Kid Tough to my 18 month old daughter.

If he wants pictures he can print then I would not get him the Kid Tough. We had it and it is great for them to learn to take pictures but not for printing them. We got DD6 the red one that Target had on BF this past Christmas. She loves it. She is learning how to use the different features. I plan to take her this weekend to print some pictures.

I had Kodak and would cut my arm off before buying another one. The Kodak software froze my computer daily and would not work right. I only got a few pics out of each battery recharge. I would go with something with a battery pack for sure. I bought a Samsung i85 to replace the Kodak. IT's much better but not for a 6 year old. Look for something with easy to use controls and a large lcd screen on back. Mine has a 3 inch and my grandkids love to look at the pics.

I love Kodak cameras for their user friendly features. I bought the Nikon that Target had on sale on Black Friday and within 2 weeks when I would try to turn it on it said "lens error", so I took it back and bought another Kodak. I get good picture quality and I've never had battery issues. I'm on my third Kodak (I keep upgrading MP). I let my DD5 have my last one and she LOVES it. So if it's easy to use and low price range that you're looking for, I think Kodak is a great idea for that age range.

Look, for a six year old you don't want to get them anything expensive. Just something to take a basic picture.

Kodak's are cheap (although I would never recommend them to anyone) so they're easily replaceable. I can't find another one that's under 100 for kids. This is a non kodak under 100:

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-Coolpix-L20-Digital-Optical/dp/B001PKEJYM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1263399295&sr=8-1

Also, don't use the software that comes with it - if you want to move the pictures off your camera, use the USB cable and access the camera through your "My Computer" as it will show up like an extra drive. Many laptops now come with a card reader, so all you have to do is take the card out and stick it in the slot and it will open like another drive.

Look, for a six year old you don't want to get them anything expensive. Just something to take a basic picture.

Kodak's are cheap (although I would never recommend them to anyone) so they're easily replaceable. I can't find another one that's under 100 for kids. This is a non kodak under 100:

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-Coolpix-L20-Digital-Optical/dp/B001PKEJYM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1263399295&sr=8-1

Also, don't use the software that comes with it - if you want to move the pictures off your camera, use the USB cable and access the camera through your "My Computer" as it will show up like an extra drive. Many laptops now come with a card reader, so all you have to do is take the card out and stick it in the slot and it will open like another drive.

I personally love all the Kodak's I've had, currently using a 10mp model. I do agree, don't use their software, it's a memory hog and quite confusing. There are other programs out there for editing, etc...(oh, and the other Kodaks have been handed down or out to other family members-- my oldest, a little 5mp was the easiest thing to use, a 5 year old could definitely handle it).