TracFone Motorolla Prepaid Cell Phone Bundle - $9.88 (Was $14.88) @ Walmart.com

noehlp

I use this site to get bonus minutes when I add minutes to my sons phone. Sometimes it doubles (he has a dbl minutes for life phone) and sometimes it doesn't. I have never got less than 30 bonus minutes :) I do it all online. :) There is a box to add the code when adding minutes on their site. :D

http://www.momsview.com/tracfone_promotional_code.shtml

So do you buy the minutes on the Tracfone site and then enter the code?

We got my son a Motorola Tracfone back in May and already it does not hold a charge. He does not use it that often; I don't think the battery is 'worn out'. We had an issue where we had to call customer service and agree, problem not resolved, he was just out the minutes. Overall, for $10 that is a good deal, especially with the double minutes. I paid more than that. Sometimes it will not receive calls; for example at the neighbor's house in the basement; sometimes it takes hours for texts to come through; other times they come right through. He texted me from camp and the messages would take 6+ hours (usually came the next day); he was at a major university, not in a remote area.

I would still recommend this as a first time phone for a kid or as a backup. His dad was certain he would lose it quickly, that is why we went with a cheaper one to start; also, he doesn't need a phone very often. Since we have him buy his own minutes, he is careful with them and we think that is a valuable lesson. You can buy ringtones and games and it uses the minutes; so it is like 'buying' them but you can get them from the card you loaded on, no credit card needed.

on the walmart site, it doesn't say if it comes with a home charger, only a car charger. Does it come with a home charger?

Yes, it has a home and car charger, earphones and a case. I received mine on Thursday. It also comes with 20 min. (comes with 10 but they are doubled). I activated mine and it works good so far. I only want it to use in my house but Sprint and ATT don't work in my house at all. So far, this gets great reception.

Also, check your local WM store. I checked there before I ordered this and they were $14.88. When I went to pick mine up at site to store shipping the guy told me they were the same price in the store. Just check to make sure it doubles the minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

I use this site to get bonus minutes when I add minutes to my sons phone. Sometimes it doubles (he has a dbl minutes for life phone) and sometimes it doesn't. I have never got less than 30 bonus minutes :) I do it all online. :) There is a box to add the code when adding minutes on their site. :D

http://www.momsview.com/tracfone_promotional_code.shtml

Thanks for the site! I used the code there when activating the double min phone that i ordered from this thread. I added a 200 min card and ended up with 480 mins total.

We use Tracfone for our oldest (12), and will probably be getting one for our second born once she is in Jr High. We really like it, as it keeps us from getting suprise bills in the mail! He does odd jobs for neighbors, and work around the house to earn minutes. Works great for us! It's nice to always have a way to get ahold of him, and it makes him want to keep in touch with us when he's out and about, cuz he gets to use his phone!

I think these are great! The phone cost $10.00 and I got one of those 3 months with 60 min card for $20.00. Once I set it up online, it turns out not only was the minutes double but the months doubled too. So I got my DS 10 yrs a phone that stays active for 6 months and with 2 hrs 30 mins(30 were bonus) all for $30.:gdcool: