Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

I wanted one for our "tornado shelter" (aka walk-in closet). Unfortunately, the Haier 7" gets no reception in there using the provided telescoping antenna (it got nine channels in the living room, including the local NBC affiliate, a regional weather channel, and some religion and shopping channels). Should I bother keeping it for power-outages? I'm thinking a decent web-enabled cell phone is probably more useful. We already have one of those emergency weather radios, but sometimes it's nice to see the radar map so you know what's headed your way.

Only if you have cable and can get a hookup in there. I haven't had a chance to try mine yet. Just charged it.

Until you've been stuck in a basement for hours during widespread tornado warnings with no power or have been without power in an ice storm for 3 weeks, you won't realize how valuable a portable television is. The towers get backlogged or blown over during these midwest outbreaks.

We had a small one (1.5") that I got years ago and it came in so handy during our last ice storm. There was no internet or cell service as the lines were caked with inches of ice. We had no power for nearly 3 weeks and had no clue what was going on in the outside world. Everything was pitch black and branches were falling all over the place. It sounded like artillery rounds at night.

We've also been trapped at a campground (again, with no cell service) in thunderstorms. The radar alone would be worth it.

Even if we never use it, the chance that we may was well worth the $32 (I got a 7").

I scored a curel deal today... since i got clearance items i thought i might post it here as well...

got two 25 oz curel at 50% off used coupons from sunday paper .. u can use target coupons with it too and got a $5 giftcard (an unadvertized deal ... but not at all locations )

#### Curel $8.96 (4.48*2) - $2 -$1 = $5.96 and got a $5 gift card with it. sweet deal cud be money maker if u can print target coupons..:)

also lots of clothes in womens deptt at 75%

socks , Undergarments , tights in girls section were also 75%...

Little TV didn't work out for me, as I feared might be the case. Poor signal where I needed to use it. Nice little TV, though, so if you need something, it is decent.

Someone on another thread said that if you buy one of those cheap bow tie antennas from Radio Shack, you will pick up a lot more signals. That is what I am going to do. I think they said they are about $5. HTH

### large wall clock 074100631 $8.74 (85% off)

### Hamilton Beach coffee grinder 072081354 $4.98

I didn't buy it or write down the number, but there was a plum colored storage box (the ones with the faux snakeskin look) that was marked down 85% off too. The other colors (green and blue) were still at 50% off ($19.99)

Slightly off topic...

I was looking at the listings on perimeterperusing.com and was wondering if y'all had a preference for how long the list lasted or if you would prefer the listings to go from newest to oldest, instead of oldest to newest. I do not know if either can be customized but was thinking if a shorter time frame for the list and a reverse listing style is preferred, I could bring it to Brad's attention.

Let's not clutter up the thread with replies, but feel free to PM me with your preferences. I'll tally responses through the weekend and will make a post on Monday on whether a change is wanted.

Thanks for considering!

My store was still marking down when i left butttt....

Swim Goggles & life vests - 75%

Hamiltion Beach Electric Can Opener 75% $5.32

Chefmate Skillet 75% $4.98

Waring Pro Coffee Machine 75% $14.98

Euro Pro Toaster Oven 75% $9.98

Sorry, I don't have the numbers in front of me! Just got on real quick to update for everyone! Happy Shopping!!!

My store was still marking down when i left butttt....

Swim Goggles & life vests - 75%

Hamiltion Beach Electric Can Opener 75% $5.32

Chefmate Skillet 75% $4.98

Waring Pro Coffee Machine 75% $14.98

Euro Pro Toaster Oven 75% $9.98

Sorry, I don't have the numbers in front of me! Just got on real quick to update for everyone! Happy Shopping!!!

Thanks for posting. I wasn't making a trip to Target today, but headed out to get next summer's supply of goggles for the kiddos!

Also stumbled on this from online for $10 (reg. $39.99)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51MYNgLZY5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg. I had customer service open it for me to make sure it wasn't chipped or missing something cause it was obviously opened.

Found a Kodak EasyShare C182

###056100557 - $49.98 (50% off) - this camera is currently going for $84 on Amazon - :D

FYI - Electronics guy said that only reason they went on clearance was because new stuff is coming in and that TVs will be next!

Edited by Gator Pam
formatted for listing on perimeterperusing.com

Hi! Does anyone happen to know how Target will start handling the 10% off rewards cards when the register is now already taking 5% off for using the visa? Will they take 10% off and then 5% off of that, by any chance? I guess that is wishful thinking because I have 2 ipads to purchase for other people, lol! But they do have to have something in place in order to honor the 5% off cards they are going to issue you every time you fill 5 prescriptions, right? If they didn't give you something extra on that trip, it would not really be a "reward" to receive the card, right ? Just figured someone here might know!

Thanks!

Hi! Does anyone happen to know how Target will start handling the 10% off rewards cards when the register is now already taking 5% off for using the visa? Will they take 10% off and then 5% off of that, by any chance? I guess that is wishful thinking because I have 2 ipads to purchase for other people, lol! But they do have to have something in place in order to honor the 5% off cards they are going to issue you every time you fill 5 prescriptions, right? If they didn't give you something extra on that trip, it would not really be a "reward" to receive the card, right ? Just figured someone here might know!

Thanks!

They use both the 10% & 5% stacked through the end of the period the 10% ones are issued. No idea on the pharmacy thing, never bothered with it. It doesn't start till Sunday.

They use both the 10% & 5% stacked through the end of the period the 10% ones are issued. No idea on the pharmacy thing, never bothered with it. It doesn't start till Sunday.

oh, that's awesome! So I can save even a bit more on the ipads! thanks a lot! I know they weren't supposed to start the 5% thing until tomorrow but our store has been taking it off all week for some reason... We also just had a grand opening of an expanded grocery section/reno so maybe that had something to do with it...

Colleen

oh, that's awesome! So I can save even a bit more on the ipads! thanks a lot! I know they weren't supposed to start the 5% thing until tomorrow but our store has been taking it off all week for some reason... We also just had a grand opening of an expanded grocery section/reno so maybe that had something to do with it...

Colleen

The new policy is detailed in this week's ad, including how the pharmacy thing works.

Found a Kodak EasyShare C182

#056100557 - $49.98 (50% off) - this camera is currently going for $84 on Amazon - :D

FYI - Electronics guy said that only reason they went on clearance was because new stuff is coming in and that TVs will be next!

There is a $10 off Kodak camera coupon on the Target website that could make these clearance finds an even better deal.

Hi everyone, When does baby stuff go on clearance? is it January? end/beg of Jan? Please let me know. we are expecting our first baby and am hoping to get some things on clearance

I *think* it was the end of Jan, but am not 100% sure. If it works on your computer you can search the archives on here to find out specifics-- I always have trouble searching the archives but think it may be a mac thing b/c I never used to have a problem.

Edited by boredbread

Hi everyone, When does baby stuff go on clearance? is it January? end/beg of Jan? Please let me know. we are expecting our first baby and am hoping to get some things on clearance

Congratulations! Mid- to end of January, and end of July. January is more stuff - larger items like furniture, carriers, etc. Unfortunately, they've been leaving items at 15-30% for a long time, and salvaging more stuff, so it's difficult to find larger items at 50%, let alone 75%. But if you stalk regularly, you might luck out!

Slightly off topic...

I was looking at the listings on perimeterperusing.com and was wondering if y'all had a preference for how long the list lasted or if you would prefer the listings to go from newest to oldest, instead of oldest to newest. I do not know if either can be customized but was thinking if a shorter time frame for the list and a reverse listing style is preferred, I could bring it to Brad's attention.

Let's not clutter up the thread with replies, but feel free to PM me with your preferences. I'll tally responses through the weekend and will make a post on Monday on whether a change is wanted.

Thanks for considering!

Well guys, I didn't get a lot of response, and the issue of whether to truncate how long the clearance list covers was not addressed by anyone, but the request to have the listing reversed on perimeterperusing.com is unanimous by those who did respond so far.

I'll continue to take PMs with input regarding this until tomorrow, and will then broach the subject with Brad.

Again, I have no idea if the list can even be reversed, but I will ask and find out, if that is what the majority wants and lets me know by tomorrow.

I am searching for the Poketo Birds Flight Bag. They were in the purse, hat, scarf department not long ago. It is no longer available on the website, and sold out all around me. If you see one, PLEASE let me know! I will be happy to pay you for it, plus shipping of course! ASIN B003N3GIMU, DCPI 061-02-1422.

http://www.target.com/Poketo-Birds-Flight-Bag-Black/dp/B003N3GIMU/

Thank you in advance!