HTC Droid Eris FREE at Best Buy Verizon Wireless

Monstermile

If you call CS at Verizon they generally will upgrade you sooner. I just told them I was very unhappy with my ENV-3 and was thinking of switching to a new carrier. They moved my

new phone date up by 4 months for no added fees. Just FYI

I am debating the new chocolate phone...looks cool

I wish Verizon had the Iphone :(

I was with Verizon and just switched to At&t. We almost got the Chocolate touch for our kids. The reviews are very good if you decide to get one. In the past couple of weeks the Droid Eris was $100 so this is a good deal. Verizon let me out of my contract for many reasons but the biggest was for not getting good signals and not getting my calls. They should work with you on your date to renew. Good luck!

Companies use different wording but I think the "upgrade" and "renewal" are the same, which means that when you your contract is up then you can get another phone so they can keep your business. Verizon will allow you to renew 3 months before your contract is up. So check with your company and see what their policy is. The Driod is most comparable with the Iphone as far as I know.

What is an upgrade? Is that within Verizon?

We have I wireless now but our contracts are up in January. My husband wants the Droid.

What is the difference from the ERIS and the Regular one?

What is an upgrade? Is that within Verizon?

We have I wireless now but our contracts are up in January. My husband wants the Droid.

What is the difference from the ERIS and the Regular one?

The Droid is by Motorola and the Eris is made by HTC. Both are smart phones that run the Android operating system.The Droid has a bigger display (3.7" vs 3.2") that has a higher resolution, pull out qwerty keyboard and slightly faster processor. The Eris is smaller and does not have an actual qwerty keyboard. It is all touch screen. Both are very nice phones.

If you call CS at Verizon they generally will upgrade you sooner. I just told them I was very unhappy with my ENV-3 and was thinking of switching to a new carrier. They moved my

new phone date up by 4 months for no added fees. Just FYI

I am debating the new chocolate phone...looks cool

I wish Verizon had the Iphone :(

I was going to buy the ENV-3, but my contract isn't due for awhile, so it's really expensive in store and I am scared to get one off ebay. Why didn't you like yours?

Even tough I posted this deal I will never again if my life depended on it attempt to deal with Best Buy for anything like this. We went in to get three phones and port over from AT&T. They ran everything through and it came back saying we needed $125 deposit per line. And we both have excellent credit. Long story short it took several dealings with Verizon phone reps, Tele-Credit and finally someone in a Verizon corporate store to discover that the idiots at Best Buy had ran the application through with many mistakes. Not once but twice. And it red flagged us. Made it look like we were trying to commit identity theft. We ended up getting everything taken care of at the corporate store. And the manager actually got us our three phones (Eris, enV Touch and enV3) for $79.99 after rebates.

My DH and I have the droids, he has the eris and I have the motorola. We.Love.Them. These are our first smart phones. Would we have liked an Iphone, yes, but ATT does not have good service where we live at.all. Having the droid is literally like having a little laptop. We were in the city yesterday and it was simple and quick to find the subway using one of the apps. fantastic

AT&T is bad here too, I called verizon and my renewal is 2-17 and they would NOT budge at all!!!! I have been with them 8 years now never late or anything. I told them I was going to get an Iphone with AT&T and he went to bat for me (supposedly, as I was on hold and heard nothing, LOL) and said supervisor will not let him waiver the early upgrade. I was ticked! Oh well, always something in my house!

AT&T is bad here too, I called verizon and my renewal is 2-17 and they would NOT budge at all!!!! I have been with them 8 years now never late or anything. I told them I was going to get an Iphone with AT&T and he went to bat for me (supposedly, as I was on hold and heard nothing, LOL) and said supervisor will not let him waiver the early upgrade. I was ticked! Oh well, always something in my house!

Wow sounds like you got a real jerk. I am on a few phone forums and have read many people getting their renewal upgrades as much as 3 months early.