Dooney & Bourke - $99 on 12 select purses

yellowldbetr

I was up at midnight when it changed and tried for 45 minutes and couldn't get on (Eastern time). Finally went to bed and when I got up this morning, the giraffe tote was sold out. I ordered 2 bags myself. Keep trying, just means their server is getting hit!!! Good luck everyone!! Edited by yellowldbetr

Whew. Tried all day long to get my purse ordered. Finally succeeded. Did those of you who only bought one choose the Standard ground shipping? I noticed that it says as long as you ordered before Decmber 20th that you are guaranteed delivery before Christmas. Did that only apply for the Free Shipping orders (over $100.00) or for all of the orders placed before December 20th?

I thought the arrival before Christmas applied to all shipping. I chose the Priority mail once since I figure USPS will get it to me faster than UPS or FedEx.

I see they moved the stuff to another site, so don't know if you can still do this. But under agendas you can find a plastic agenda refill thing for $2 to put you over $100 for the free shipping. I did this earlier this morning and it worked perfectly then.

I thought the arrival before Christmas applied to all shipping. I chose the Priority mail once since I figure USPS will get it to me faster than UPS or FedEx.

I see they moved the stuff to another site, so don't know if you can still do this. But under agendas you can find a plastic agenda refill thing for $2 to put you over $100 for the free shipping. I did this earlier this morning and it worked perfectly then.

That's probably why they set up the seperate landing page for the $99.00 bags. It will not let you do that now. Once you add to cart and try to go back to Dooney's home page it does not show the purse in the cart. Oh well....I don't care to pay shipping as long as I get it in time for Christmas. It does read like guaranteed delivery is for all the orders. I tried to call to verify it, but got a recording that said due to high call volume my call could not go through to a rep. I sure hope so....

Edited by Kim3498

Whew. Tried all day long to get my purse ordered. Finally succeeded. Did those of you who only bought one choose the Standard ground shipping? I noticed that it says as long as you ordered before Decmber 20th that you are guaranteed delivery before Christmas. Did that only apply for the Free Shipping orders (over $100.00) or for all of the orders placed before December 20th?

I think the guaranteed shipping applies to all in stock orders through the 20th. I ordered early this am, and got a shipping confirmation for UPS 3 day select this evening. HTH.

I think the guaranteed shipping applies to all in stock orders through the 20th. I ordered early this am, and got a shipping confirmation for UPS 3 day select this evening. HTH.

Wow, that was fast. I wish I had ordered faster. Hope mine ships that fast.

Edited by Kim3498

I am somewhat disappointed. I ordered very early morning the last day of the sale. The first disappointment came when one of the animal prints was sold out at approximately 4:30 AM! My second disappointment came this morning when I saw my order is still awaiting shipping. What a bummer! I was hoping to put one of these purses under the tree. Two show awaiting shipping and the third says booked. (Wonder what that means?) I guess I will have to call.

I am somewhat disappointed. I ordered very early morning the last day of the sale. The first disappointment came when one of the animal prints was sold out at approximately 4:30 AM! My second disappointment came this morning when I saw my order is still awaiting shipping. What a bummer! I was hoping to put one of these purses under the tree. Two show awaiting shipping and the third says booked. (Wonder what that means?) I guess I will have to call.

I am really surprised to hear this. I've always had really good experiences with Dooney. Early on in the sale, I ordered a cosmetic bag (the sale was only for a brown bag) apparently they ran out before they could show OSS, so I got an email directing me to call customer service. I did and they offered me the same bag in red (which I preferred).

When I called that day it was about 7 a.m. standard time and he told me they had sold out of items for that day so thing were going FAST!

I do think, if they do this next year, they should better prepare. Their website did NOT handle the traffic well. You couldn't have browsed around at any of their full priced items if you wanted!

I hope you get everything before Christmas. I'm hoping for a bag or two under my tree!!!

I would defiantley call them. I called CS on Monday, because I had not received shipping confirmation. CS rep. told me that all 12th day of Dooney orders were going out on Monday. Not long after speaking to them I received shipping confirmation and it is due to be delivered tomorrow. Good luck, I hope you get your order.

I got my purse today. I ordered very early on the 12th day $99 purse sale. My order as of today still says awaiting shipping, so they are shipping even if they are not updating the site. As long as you ordered before the 20th, they were guaranteeing 24th delivery. HTH.