New Amazon User Question

jennsahm

I used Amazon for the first time (slow to get on the boat here) and I ordered a product from a merchant called The Factory Depot. They are listed in my amazon account as the merchant I purchased from and would be shipping my order. My confirmation email lists this merchant as well. Today I get a shipping email saying that my item has shipped from a company called Bright Light Business, inc.

I am not sure if this is normal and I can't find anything that fits my situation in the help section at amazon to contact someone and ask. So is it normal for you to order from one and have it shipped from another? I made sure to read the reviews on the factory depot because this is my daughters 'big' gift and I have no clue who this other company is and can't find anything on them, so now I am worried about the quality and who I contact if I have any problems. I am not sure who I would even return the item to now if I do have a problem.

Any guidance from seasoned amzon users would be a great help! Thanks =)

Well as a rule of thumb(for me) i dont order from other mechants on Amazon.I really dont forsee you having a problem as sellers on Amazon are usually honest.If Amazon allows them to sell on there then they have been checked out.Ive always stuck with Amazon as its easy to work with them and their return policy is awesome.What was it you ordered anyways?

You should be just fine...I have ordered from 3rd party vendors off Amazon before and have had no problems. Usually shipping kills the deal with 3rd party vendors, but some do use FBA (fulfillment by Amazon) and offer free shipping...So I look at their feedback and if its good and I need the product...I order...

Just so you know, should there be any problems you can call Amazon and they will show you how to file a claim..But this shouldnt be necessary at all...

I think what is most likely is that The Factory Depot is the name that they use on Amazon for their Amazon "store", but that their actual, officially corporated business is called Bright Light Business, Inc. Either that or TFD is selling items that are being drop shipped from BLB.

I don't personally buy from other merchants, but I know that Amazon is strict about sellers that they allow to sell there and if there is any problem, then Amazon will bend over backwards to get it resolved for you.

I wouldn't worry about it!

Thank you everyone for the helpful replies. I feel much more assured now about my order. Knowing they are the same company makes me feel much better if not a little silly for worrying in the first place. I had searched and missed that.

Thanks again all! =)