Amazon.com Returns?

cwrtlm

Found an item $20 cheaper at Kmart than I bought it for on Amazon. Called them and they said they don't price match anymore, thought I did that before? So now I have to send it back to them, anybody have any experience with this? I won't have to pay shipping back will I? It was free shipping to me, so I assume it will be free back to them.

from Amazon: You may return most new, unopened items sold and fulfilled by Amazon.com within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error. Items should be returned in their original product packaging. Just visit our online Returns Center, and we will guide you through the process and even supply you with a return mailing label you can print out.

The Product Specific Policies page has information about items purchased from third-party Amazon.com Merchants or Marketplace sellers.

Very few places include a prepaid return label--I can only think of Zappos and Sephora right now. If the merchant also has a B&M store, that is when I try to return. I don't know how big an item that you have to return, but would you still come out ahead if you pay to return it?

The only place I get free returns is American Eagles 77kids. I agree pay the shipping back or keep it depending on what the deal is and which ends up saving you more money.

I didn't know that about AE. I guess I always return to the store. I wish that more merchants offered the free return shipping, but I'm sure that it is built into the price of the item.