MaCY CANCELING 20.00 RIPSTIK ORDERS!!!

Got this email today and am furious. Calling as soon as CS opens tomorrow. Anyone else get this email???? I missed the 34.99 deal for black friday b/c of this order....:mad:

Thank you for shopping at macys.com, we truly appreciate your business.

We're sorry to inform you that due to a system error macys.com incorrectly listed the price of Razor RipStik Scooter at $20.00 instead of the correct price of $99.00.

Because of the error, we must cancel the affected items on your order. If you had other items on your order that were not included in the pricing error, they will not be affected. Be assured that your account will not be charged for the canceled Razor RipStik Scooter(s) or that you will receive an appropriate credit or refund promptly, if due. We apologize for the delay in updating you on the status of your order.

If you would like to purchase the Razor RipStik Scooter at the correct price of $99.00, we will honor extra 25% off and free shipping for any inconvenience this has caused. Please use the promo code MACYSFRIEND in checkout when placing your order. This code will expire on 12/7/09.

As noted in our pricing policy, while we do our best to ensure our prices are accurate, errors occasionally occur, and we reserve the right to correct those errors, particularly obvious errors like the one that occurred in this case. If you would like additional information regarding our pricing policy, please visit the following link we have provided.

http://www.macys.com/service/start/safeshopping/pricing.jsp

We hope you'll accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this error has caused. We look forward to serving you and your shopping needs in the future.

Sincerely,

Macys.com Customer Service

800-289-6229

mailto:[email protected]

ditto.....its not wonder they are struggling so much. A fair response might have been to notify us of the error and then continue to honor it. That would have surely brought me to spend more money there in the future. Sometimes corporations cannot see the forest through the trees.

I received the same email. Sent a nasty :mad: email to CS. They are so generous to offer a 25% discount code for my inconvenience, problem is it is the same code that they sent to everybody on their email mail out. I received it in their friends & family promotion earlier in the day.

Got the same email. Thinking of emailing them in the morning but I don't know what good it will do. I am just upset I passed on other rip stick deals over the last 8 days while they held my order and thought of what they were going to do with their mistake :(

They are giving out 25% off code with free shipping on orders $99. The email sounded as if this was to be used towards a "correctly priced" ripstik. Interesting, because they don't even advertise the ripstik on their site anymore. It's just gone.

This is what I wrote:

To Whom it May Concern,

In a day of retailers competing for fewer spending dollars, I am shocked and dismayed that you would choose to cancel this order rather than honor it. At the time that this was posted, immediately preceding Black Friday, it was completely reasonable to believe that Macy's was getting customers early with a great deal. Because of that, I chose to purchase in good faith from Macys, a store with a stellar reptutation. In doing so I did not pursue the next best deals offered on Black Friday. I literally walked by Ripsticks that were half of your list price, and still well under the price you're offering with the discount. Not only have you completely blown your reputation with me, you have made it impossible for me to purchase the Ripsticks at a price I would have gotten them for on Black Friday. This is horrible customer service and no way to earn customer loyalty. I wouldn't ever imagine Nordstrom handling a similar situation in this manner. The correct thing to do would have been to honor the orders, with a notice that it was an error. That is what earns respect and customer dollars. This customer will take her business elsewhere.

What sucks even more is I was reminded that my son asked for a Ripstick from Santa this year. He thought it would be a great gift from him! I was happy knowing I got one from Macy's for $20! Now I see we are in fact NOT getting them and I don't have any more $$ to purchase one for him :( This is most likely his last year believeing in Santa and I really had hoped to make his wish come true! Darn :mad: you Macy's!

I do find it interesting that TRU is honering it's price mess up with the Wii games. TRU is out WAY more money by honoring that deal that Macy's is. Plus Macy's most likely lost many many customers over not honoring this deal and TRU gained/kept many!

I used a gift card to purchase this for my son and have since threw the gift card away since it was used up...I called CS last night and was told that it hadn't been cancelled and she was going to honor it. The rep did tell me to check today and sure enough CANCELLED. She's now going to have to find the gift card number to reimburse me...stupid them!:yuck:

That really stinks that they are canceling orders. I saw this deal that day and was going to purchase it but I didn't. But it would have just been an extra gift not something my kids wanted. I'd be furious if I passed up BF deals to think I already bought one and then it got canceled.

Anybody actually talk to CS and/get a response from them?

I was wondering that too. My sister made the order for me so I can't call and complain about it as I don't know any of her details. I really really wish they would honor this. I don't know what to do about my sons Santa present now, ugh!

We just got this same email today. We are definitely calling customer service, and we will keep climbing the ladder until someone honors this.

I'm probably more confident than I oughta be. Will let you know how it goes.

Guest sweetaj2009
I just tried... they told me to go fly a kite in a nice way, and also apparantly *lied*, as they told me they weren't honoring any of the rip stick orders.. :shock::yuck::mad:

Try emailing them. Or call back again. They are honoring it for lots of people, they should you as well! They are charging my sister the $74 or something then crediting her the $50 to make it $20 plus shipping once it ships out.

They offered this to us as well. They will credit the difference once it ships. Everyone should call and keep escalating until you get this resolved.

One more thing - the lady in customer service said they will offer this to everyone that calls, but they can only offer it on 1 item. So, if you ordered more than 1 of the ripstiks, they will only discount the 1.