Xbox 360

My son's Xbox got the dreaded red ring and it's several years old so the warranty is expired.

Anyhow, wish this would of happened a few weeks ago when Walmart had their gift card w/ purchase offer.

Does anyone know of the best deal out there right now for an Xbox 360? Was going to get him a Ipod Touch for Christmas (tomorrow actually), but looks like I'm getting a new Xbox instead.

i just got an email tonight from TRU that the Deal of the Day for this weekend is the Xbox 360 Arcarde edition for $99. I think they are having a bundle deal, too. It should be on their website.

Brandi

$99 period??? No $199 with gift cards or whatnot?? If so for that price I may buy a spare. My drive is starting to make some squealing noises so I am sure it is going out soon and I am long out of warranty. And I am on my third one after two RROD's. Good thing is the new consoles have HDMI out. Mine doesn't. Slap on my hard drive and I am good to go.

I dont think the TRU deal is just $99 out the door- I believe you have to buy the "Ready for play pack" for $149, then you get the xbox arcade for $99.

You are correct, the email I got yesterday is a bundle for $249 where you buy the arcade for $99 and the play pack for $149. I believe they offered this beginning of November?

I'm so torn on buying one... keep hearing about the RROD and it scares me! If I got one for $99 like Brandi mentioned, I;m in - it's a lot easier to throw money at it for that price than for around $300!

The newest models have a different chip in them called 'Jasper'. It has a LOT less risk against RROD than previous chipsets. The warranty has gotten better and as long as you have one with a Jasper chip and keep it WELL ventilated, I don't think there is much risk.