BF: The Morning After

len_mullen

(Figuratively speaking)

We've been hearing about retailers keeping inventories under control. I saw pictures of the 'Christmas Fleet' anchored off of China this summer. The media has been warning of lack of selection and merchandise this year. I didn't believe this...until last night.

I returned two TVs to Sears and picked up two at Best Buy. At Sears, they took my merchandise and gave me a voucher to redeem for a refund inside the store. I went to the TV register which was well staffed and not too busy. I talked to a pair that was staring at a computer screen. They were checking national inventories for a reasonable substitute for a 42" Sony that a customer wanted. When they heard I had returned TVs, they wanted to know which model.

Off to Best Buy. Very busy for a Monday in November, I thought. I was picking up a pair of the 32" Dynex sets that I ordered online. I was there over an hour while they looked for my set. That they had to look for my sets surprised me. When I was in the store before BF, these things were stacked on skids throughout the store.

For people still shopping, what are you seeing in the stores? Are the stores busy? Are the shelves stocked? I was shopping in Salem New Hampshire.

The Epping WM was well stocked for BF. However, when I went back later in the day, A LOT was still available. I thought that was very strange. The door busters were all gone(not to my surprise). Target was the same way. I also visited the Salem (Rockingham), NH mall this weekend. I felt their sales were not what I had expected. It was busy, but not a MAJOR holiday busy.

this morning found me in Home Depot (Plaistow, NH) and Walmart (also Plaistow). Home Depot was business as usual. Walmart was a disaster. They were stocking, moving, and re-organizing. They still had a lot of Magnavox BD players (at a much higher price), but I couldn't find an Emerson TV.

Epping is the same way with those Magnavox BD players. They must have had 200-300 left! I visited HD on Sunday and they had a ton of the 60pc Rayovac batteries left. I bought them and the 6 pack of the LED flashlights, while my wife was buying our Wii. The only thing I did not get on my list is the 25pc screwdriver set from Home Depot.

walmart is missing over 10 trucks of shipments due this week... 3 trucks had BF specials on them so they took names for GPS, the tomtom. THey got 5 in and called the first five people.. i saw the names and #'s on each GPS.... i am 13, 14, and 15 so I hope they call soon

they said its been like that for about 5 weeks now, shelves are bare in between trucks