Best Buy Vent

Joyagirl1013

I may not have a leg to stand on but I need to vent somewhere... My 19 yr old son has been black friday shopping with me for several years now. He reads the forums and helps me keep track of what deals are worth our while. He had read (or heard) that the first 100 customers into Best Buy on Friday morning would receive some type of gift card with values between $25 to $100. He took his 14 yr old brother with him for company (and his brother begged him and us to allow it) and they stood in line since 11:30 pm Thursday evening til the 5 am opening. They were 25th and 26th in line. When Best Buy opened they went in and received nothing. They waited one hour and still nothing. Anyone else with similiar experiences. I just feel bad for the boys, they didn't initially tell me but they were planning on buying a tv from Best Buy and using whatever gift card they rec'd towards the purchase. My older son was so ticked off that he left without buying anything, headed over to the local walmart (this best buy was not even in our town) and purchased a black friday tv there.

Yeah there were supposedly a dozen VIP stores that had those. Clearly those they intended to call the media about to show what a crazy long line it was. A free gift card is nice, but I wasn't going to freeze on Michigan Avenue for 24+ hours.

Specifically it was for the 25 VIP stores nationwide. So for us folks in Cleveland it was the Strongsville store. First 100 people got a GC worth $5 to $100 - If you got the one $100 GC you instantly became a VIP and got in at 4:30.

Check the program details on the BB website - it's all spelled out.

aaah, all makes sense now. Thank you for clearing it up. Guess it will teach my oldest to read more carefully and / or investigate. Unfortunately, he was with others who were under the very same impression. Doesn't matter, I've been pleased with Best Buy AND he did get a good deal on another tv sold at Walmart. Alls good. Thanks again everyone.:)